Understanding Full Course Yellow

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SoulMaTriX, Nov 20, 2022.

1. SoulMaTriX

SoulMaTriX New Member

All,

Last night was the first race in which my racing group had a full course yellow! It was pretty cool, but we were confused on a few things, that I was wondering if some of you could explain. We ran a race at Watkins Glen in multiple classes with AI using the in game server creation not a dedicated server. FCY was "YES" in the settings.

1st question: The lead driver, during the FCY, was human and kept getting time penalties in increments of 5 seconds, though he was trying to keep the speed at 30-35 mph. What was he doing wrong?

2nd question: Once some of us caught up to the pack, we had instances in which the AI drove through us during the lap and overtook us. Were we going too slow? Does a lapped driver have the ability to get back onto the lead lap?

Thanks for all your help!

2. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I led the pack yesterday in a FCY, if you go too fast you get 5 secs to slow down to below the limit, slow down and there is no penalty.

3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This^ and yes, if you are in formation and go too slow, you can be overtaken. A human behind you will get promoted to follow the car ahead of you, the AI as well. The AI are particularly adept at taking advantage of this mistake.

• Like Like x 3
  4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be neat if you could assign a button to FCY speed limiter.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Or make it the same speed as the pit limiter for each track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I just noticed this option for the first time.. or used it for the first time. I don’t understand it. Started an offline 6 laps race on Road America with the Dallara mod. After 2 laps, I got 2 laps full course yellow. After the restart of the race and 1 lap further, again a full course yellow. 1 lap this time, after that, 2 laps in the race and again a full course yellow. I cancelled the race and turnend this option off. What is the fun of this? :eek:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1