Very incosistent AI speed in the rain

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Flo Renz, Nov 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

First of all: Congratulations to Reiza. The Physics update is a gamechanger. I had tons of fun throwing the Porsche 962 around Spa. The game gets very close to being perfect. But there is still a thing that bothers me: I love doing multiclass races and simulate 24h races. I also love the historic weather option. But it seems to me that you are scre**d when it starts to rain especially when you and the AI are still on slicks. I reduce my speed to stay on the track but the AI drivers are still going like rocketships, especially throgh Eau Rouge.
    I would love to do this dynamic weather races but it really ruins my expierience when the AI is 20 seconds a lap faster on slicks in the wet. When I change to wet tyres the group C AI is still 4-8 seconds faster a lap. I wouldnt say that I'm the best driver in the wet but this seem unrealistic that the AI gains so much time, especially when I'm faster or at the same pace as them in the dry. This is a problem for cars that use wet and dry tyres, not so much on cars with all weather compounds.
    Maybe Reiza could introduce a AI Level for wet conditions

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Duncan Halliday

Duncan Halliday New Member AMS2 Club Member

Separate AI levels for dry/wet is a great idea! And I imagine it's probably (hopefully!) not impossibly difficult to implement since the new AI editor file has a figure for wet conditions, so it would just be a slider that globally alters that for each AI driver surely?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Reversegrid

Reversegrid New Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree. This seems to still be an issue. If you get rain with 3/4 of lap to get around on slicks good luck. The ai are far quicker than user in most of my experiences. User on slicks in rain is like ice and the ai are able to walk past me to get into change tires. I would love to do more dynamic weather races but currently it’s a bit too challenging. ☔️

• Agree Agree x 1