Waiting for my Simjack Pro pedals, super hyped!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Nolive721, Apr 25, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello

Don't see so many post about this pedal set but after checking few reviews in the last few days, decided to take the plunge and ordered from their store the 3 pedal set with 2 Hydraulic rods additionally for $250 shipped to me in Japan so not bad of a deal I think

Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Been massively upgrading my rig in recent months coming form a TSPC racer and now running a MOZA R9 with CS with aftermarket rim, CS rim with aftermarket QR and also recently a ES modded wheel.

Pedals I have had now for a good 5yrs are the Fanatec CSL Elite v1, and just Gas/Brake without load cell (I missed the timing before they retired the Load cell add-on) so obviously I am very hyped about the Simjacks as successor here.

I hear about some mods possible to adjust them which is a thing difficult to do with the CSL so that was another selling point

I had looked at the MOZA CRP but they are expensive and the CSL Elite cost a good $100 more than what I paid for the Simjacks so it was a no brainer to maintain budget low

anyway, happy to hear your views and of course experience from you guys with this same set of pedals

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those look very nice! I was looking into the Heusinkveld Sprints as my Clubsport V3 brake pedal is starting to give me some issues.
    Would be interested in hearing your opnion when you get them.

Also been looking for a DD wheel, is the Moza a big upgrade over your TSPC? I am using a T300, which has serve me well for many years, but I think it's time for an upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I will for sure provide feedback as I don't see much on this forum being discussed. they should arrive Mid May

the upgrade TSPC to R9 was great. TBH I had loved my 4yrs of TSPC ownership but started to feel the limits of the 6Nm torque and also the wheel quality at TM wasn't great
    I had zero issues, made some mods to the wheel rims etc but yes, it was time for stepping up.

So for me as a user, the benefits can be summarized as

1. the 9Nm torque is now plenty
    2. very very compact and totally silent wheel base
    3. getting road details I could not get, and also a better sense of car weight balance with steer/countersteer actions
    4. much better Rims quality
    5. fantastic QR
    6. versality of the MOZA ecosystem with easy use of Aftermarket rims (see above)
    7. Pithouse software and especially the use of the smartphone App to adjust FFB on the fly
    so as you can guess, very much happier Simracer right now:D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

here you go

I am just few days in but so far so good. I have left all things to default mechanically, not adjusted anything on the pedals themselves but did some tweaking on my Rig as well as made a ghetto heel plate.
    20230508-180310 hosted at ImgBB

I have calibrated them with a tool called freejoy though.

I am good for now with ergonomics and feel driving GT cars with no clutch use and more classic cars with a H patter shifter making the use of the clutch pedal.
    Its my 1st LC pedals as my CSL Elite v1 were just the std pot as I mentioned in my OP so I still need to get used to them especially the brake pedal that is quite stiff considering its a 200kg loadcell, has 3 bushes+spring and a damper on top.
    I see me making some adjustment in the near future but travel is good compared to my IRL car (Benz A250, good brakes but very short travel)
    And its obvious, the wheel lock management is 100times better with a LC variant

Throttle is nice as it is but its making some slight squealing noise that i will investigate later for sure, might the spring coil to coil contact or the bearing somewhere in the pedal articulation

The Clutch pedal is also quite good, just need to improve the actual "bite" feeling that is little bit lacking but I am pretty sure this can be done considering all the adjustments possible this pedals set has.

overall for like $230 delivered, I can not be happier

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice! My Fanatec are giving up on me each day more and more, was looking at the heusinkveld sprints, but convicing the missus of not killing me after spending $700+ on some pedals is gonna be tough.

I also want to upgrade to the Thrustmaster 818, seeing that I already have 3 compatible rims. So if the Fanatecs finally bite the dust sooner rather than later, I will most probably go cheaper than the Sprints.

They dont have any calibration software? Also did you had any issues with the sims recognizing the pedals?

Thanks for the feedback!

6. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Yes I was somehow in the same situation than you except that I had bite the bullet on a MOZA R9 and 2 wheels in the New Year despite being a TSPC owner at the time
    I looked at the T818 but it is still not officially supplied over here in Japan and I was not convinced by the QR system from TM.
    and the limited Software implementation.

But I respect your thinking, I am sure you will be happy with your T818 if you follow that route.DD is such a massive improvement vs Belt driven wheel

So with the MOZA gear spending, the H. Springs pedals were a too far budget stretch hence the decision to go with the Simjacks.

They were recognized straight away in Windows even if I connected the controller box to a USB hub and not directly to my PC, and the calibration in Windows as a Game controller worked fine as well so I was relieved

But I wanted to have more control so I did some research to find that a specific version of a software called Freejoy will allow more much more tuning so I installed it and it did the job very well

Its not all rosy though so my future improvement in priority sequence will be

fix the throttle squeaking noise as it’s bothering me a bit now
    Work out a better progressivity of the brake
    Improve the clutch bite

hope that helps

7. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Is it possible to fix those things? how much effort would it take? I am thinking about those pedals, but I don't want to do constant tweaks and mods to make them good.

The price tag is quite awesome...

8. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

1st one would be me finding out where the noise comes from and add some lubricant, few mins job

the Nr2 and 3 are really just fine tuning by playing with the mechanical adjustment available by design and/or replacing some bushing/spring. again few mins job but of course an hour or so of testing in various Sims and cars configurations

but honestly, I enjoy them already a lot by default so no big deal if I do that in few weeks from now

• Like Like x 1