What's Your Favorite Car in AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Chip, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just thought it would be fun to have a thread where people could post their favorite car at the moment in AMS2. Given the functionality of forums, it would be easy for people to see what cars were crowd favorites at any point in time. No particular rules/format, just post what you like driving the most...so I guess there is ONE rule/suggestion in that you should aim to pick just ONE car as your favorite at the moment!

I will start by offering my favorite: The Cadillac LMDh. I find it phenomenally good under braking in that it's really easy to rotate the car on the brakes, and I love the smooth throttle out of the corners (less of the power-sliding I don't necessarily love the feel of in AMS2). The pace is plenty fast, and it's an interesting/unique car in its class as a bonus.

FWIW I am using default setups and default FFB (I am too stupid to mess with set-up options).

I look forward to updating this as full v1.6 physics are released, but for now I can't wait to hear about your favorites!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I used to love the F-U G1, then they updated some stuff which made it worse, but then I liked it again. I also really like the Cadillac LMDh car, but the F-U G2 is currently my favourite. I love high DF high performance race cars and there’s only one series which makes the best fitting cars

3. asalton

asalton Copa Classic driver

To me it's the Uno, the pinnacle of FWD, low-hp cars and makes for exciting races at online lobbies. It requires sharp cornering skills to get early on the throttle, almost like a motorbike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

Love me some Formula Classic Gen 4 both, the V10 and the V8. Not so much the V12.
    I grew up with 90's F1 cars on TV and they drive phenomenal in AMS 2.
    The only downside is the current AI rework almost completely broke overtaking unfortunately.

5. Fbicio

Fbicio New Member

my personal top 8:
    1: Formula classic gen 4 (particulary the "FW14")(91)
    2: Formula V12 (95)
    3: Formula Retro1: Bt44 Lotus 72E and M23 (74)
    4: Lotus79 (78)
    5: Mclaren Mp4/12 (97)
    6: Mp4/1C (83)
    7: Lotus 49C (69)
    8: F-Hitech (version Benetton B193)
    i like both formula v10 gen 2 and formula reiza also if i think their have slightly too much grip in middle of fast corners , i hope problem will be solved in 1.6 release

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Even back in the day when it was impossible to drive, the Superkart has always been my go-to vehicle for just having fun driving around in VR.

Since the Superkart AI is not yet good enough, in those situations I drive the Formula Junior as an alternative.

7. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

MC2000 P4, Formula Junior, Formula Trainer Advanced and GT4 cover all my different needs and moods. I love the rental kart too, especially on the indoors Speedland track.

8. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, I've really been sleeping on the Formula Classic Gen 4! What a great car to drive! Sadly, my skills are barely up to par with it, which means the Formula Ultimate Gen 2 is far too fast for me...although I have to say my spins in it while testing all felt fairly realistic haha. Keep the posts coming!

9. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

Start with the V8 (Model 3). It's a bit easier to control.
    If you're having issues with spinning out on corner exit, soften the rear springs one or two clicks.
    And don't forget to install dem sexy 1991 liveries!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Group C, Group A and the Vintage Touring. Group C is an absolute butt-clencher of adrenaline and leaves me mentally exhausted by the end. Group A is probably the most "fun fun" - a perfect mix between power and maneuverability. And the Vintage Tourers are just pure dumb fun, powersliding all over the place.

11. Fbicio

Fbicio New Member

Total agree about Group C..i forgot to add them in my list up cause i focused on Historical F1 cars...
    but their are wonderful...a boost of adrenaline!

12. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I really like the Brasilian stockcar 2024, a powerful, heavy and controllable car. The LMDh and Formula Ultimates are also some of my favorite cars. As for older cars, the GT1 and Group A are very nice. The Reiza and V10 gen2 formulas are definitely my favorite old formulas. The modders' skins provide real added value in terms of immersion, thanks to them.

13. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Trainer Advanced...:oops:

14. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's either the Porsche 911 RSR GTE or the Formula Classic Gen4 Model1 (aka Ferrari 643); both of them primarily because of their magnficent sounds.

15. Christian Wendt

Christian Wendt New Member

BMW Hybrid
    BMW M8 GTE
    Brabham BT26A

16. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

M1 Procar
    Porsche Cup

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. pr07

pr07 Member

I can't narrow it down to one car, but here are a few of my favourites:
    - F-Classic Gen4 Model 3 (Definitely not a Benetton B191)
    - McLaren MP4/6
    - Lotus 79
    - Mercedes CLK-LM
    - Metalmoro AJR Judd
    - F-USA Gen3 (CART 2000)
    - Puma GTE

18. andy_east123

andy_east123 Member

JCW Mini. It’s the closest thing to a BTCC car we have.

I also like that it has limited setup options, but not so limited that you can’t find time in the setup.

Great little car, absolutely love driving it

19. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

All the mods.

20. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are so many cars in this game that I really haven't properly tried them all! Also cant choose only 1 when there are a few that brings me equal joy. But the standouts for me so far are both the F-Vintages and the F-RetroG1&2. Hustling those cars around corners is pure bliss, specially the Retro G2, I really think Reiza did a great job in representing how those pure ground effects cars felt to drive back then. I think Barrichello once said that he was very impressed when he drove one (cant recall which one unfortunately) said the car felt much more modern due to how much grip they had on corners, and that's exactly how they feel in game.

Funny how after 600+ hours of gameplay most of that is spent driving the same classes of cars, but that's the beauty of AMS2 content, there's pretty much everything for everyone.