When is Ibarra "green"?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by alink, Sep 24, 2023.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    a short question:
    When, at which time of year, is grass at Ibarra, Ecuador, South America, green?
    Like seen here:

In AMS, grass and sorroundings are always brown and "dry", never green and "damp".
    Or I never took the right time....

2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Southern hemisphere, so all seasons are reversed. "Summer" is in winter and autumn should be green.

3. Kute

Kute Member

does the grass and stuff change in ams? I always just have it set to like 2pm clear skies? Am I missing out on changing scenery?

4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Ibarra is just a few kilometers north of the equator, i don't know how season are handled there.

@Kuta just set training in december at 7:00 AM on one of the UK tracks and you can see a stark difference

5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Even during rain time periode (January ... April) it's brown in AMS
    ss131322.jpg

@Kute: Yes, try an European track in winter month and you will see snowy grass....
    The same with trees. In winter they are with no leaf while in autumn they are colored, in spring and summer green.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Tropical or Subtropical typically. 2 seasons, Dry and Rainy. But that can vary if there's mountains.

It's drier in what we (people in NA / Europe) would call 'Spring' but, apparently, actually sunnier in the rainy season which is around now through to December.

Climate is described as temperate and rainy though which perhaps you'd expect it to be pretty green (like Ireland or the UK) - maybe it's a bit warmer or just having the kind of climate change drought that a lot of places experience these days and those were the conditions when the reference pictures were taken?

Or maybe the track owner walks his dog a lot around the track :)