Which tracks have the most poorly calibrated AI?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by tpw, Jun 24, 2023.

1. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

By and large AMS2 has moved on from the bad old days of extreme AI imbalance between different tracks or different sections of the same track, but there are still a couple of notable exceptions which I'd love to see addressed:

Oulton Park. Of all the tracks I race on, this has by far the worst AI calibration. At 100% skill the AI in any class are simply faster than the player over the entire track. As a rule of thumb I need to turn down the AI skill by 5-10% for this track to have a racing experience on par with other tracks.

Donington. The AI are faster than the player over large sections of this track, with the final hairpin on to the main straight of the GP layout particularly egregious - the AI easily gain 0.5 sec on the player.

Anyone have any other standouts that need looking at?

2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oulton Park is fine in my experience. I have never had a meaningful AI race at Historic Hockenheim. All the AI are too slow on the straights and too fast in the stadium section.