adding cars (vehicle collition mismatch message) and track capacity.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Nico Barclay, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay New Member

Hello

Im a seasoned simracer but quite new to AMS and adding cars. I was adding cars for a series in the "Marcas"
    -new folder, dds and veh editing. But some league members are getting Vehicle collition mistmatches and its been warned they will get kicked once we switch to race. Im sure it has to do with pitstalls numbering but dont have a clue how to go about it. If someone can plz help me spot the error? here is the "car pack"
    Marcas.rar

Another question, is it possible to run 40 cars on a default track? say Buenos aires S8 or Jacarepagua? or the server will stop admiting clients once the "limit" number on the loading page is reached.

Any comment is welcomed!

tyvm

Nico

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Pitstalls are enforced on the .veh files of each driver.
    The PitGroup="Group1" line.

You can run a server with pretty much any number of slots if you use the +maxplayers XX
    property on the shortcut of the dedicated executable.
    Example: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista - Dedicated Server\AMS Dedicated.exe" +maxplayers 34

The problem will always lay on the Upload capability of the server and RAM load on each PC (raise the car ammount and it will raise the RAM load).
    Since it's Marcas, you could probably run with the 40 cars without a memory issue (old model that does not use high amount of memory in comparison with the newer cars), but only a real test could say it for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay New Member

thx for the reply, so how do i go about editing the pitstalls what makes sense change the group from 1 to 40 each car with different number? or have 2 cars sharing one number. I also read about the colition model being different in my game and in the servers thats why the conflict?

4. Erick Goldner

It's usually used the same one for one team (2 or 3 drivers - Group2 for example).
    The game uses it until the limit of boxes for each track.

About the collision error, have you changed anything on the cars files ?
    If not, this shouldn't really be happening.
    Are you sure they are all using this same file and this is the one that it's on the server you are connecting?

5. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay New Member

ill have to recheck the cars with the trouble and re-do them as carefully as the others, but is there a way to "non" penalize the vehicle colition notice? like the players dont get kicked or smth? like a option in the multiplayer rules or settings to live with these mismatches?

6. Erick Goldner

There are options on the Multiplayer.ini, but it may allow very different files:

Report Mismatches="3" // server should report mismatches for: 0=physics/GDB/srs only, 1=physics/GDB/SRS/EXE, 2=physics/GDB/SRS/track geometry, 3=everything
    Mismatch Response="2" // how the server responds to mismatches: 0=does nothing, 1=kicks the mismatched client at the beginning of the Race session, 2=kicks client

I believe if you set 0 on the mismatch it will allow them to race, but what will actually happen is hard to tell.

Before this i would suggest the following:
    Ask the drivers that are getting this to Delete the 'Marcas' folder from the vehicles folder :)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista - Dedicated Server\GameData\Vehicles\Marcas) and do a Steam Vallidation (it will redownload it again). Then place your 'carset' on the respective folder and give it another try (could do it on the server as well, just to make sure).

If it doesn't work, then you could go for the mismatch response change.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay New Member

both make sense! thanks for the help Erick!