Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Caldwell
    Car Used:MCR
    Applicable Settings:
    Gyazo - be846b83b6cb1101d93e8874076a1734.png
    Report: No visual backfire effects in replays or during race with mcr
    Steps to reproduce: drive car and/or watch replay

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch indy
    Car Used: Caterhams 270/360/720
    Applicable Settings: Gyazo - be846b83b6cb1101d93e8874076a1734.png
    Report: All 3 models are not showing visual backfire while racing or in replays
    Steps to reproduce: drive car and/or watch replay

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. vtr

vtr New Member AMS2 Club Member

caterham: 270 - 360R
    in cockpit view you do not see the headlights.

Metalmoro:
    After this update the edges of the windshield and side windows are very jagged.

Boxer cup:
    overnight the rear lights of other cars you see very little and the fascia of the windshield sun visor is lit as if it were day.

The clutch and manual transmission to h:

Boys Reiza I ask you, please, this is really the only thing I find disappointing in this great simulator, ie, when changing gears is easier to make mistakes in the game than that on a real machine (personally in real life I learned to drive on the old Fiat 500 with the unsynchronized transmission, so blip, toe and heel mandatory) right now the clutch is far from reality, with the pedals of the g27 if you do not press the pedal all the way you can not change, the clutch detached or attached only to the bottom of the pedal stroke.
    in reality it happened during a trip that broke the cable clutch in my car, with the engine off I inserted the first gear, I started the engine and I got home, changing gears without clutch.
    AMS, at any engine speed, without pressing the clutch, the gearbox does not work, this is absolutely unreal!
    The clutch and manual transmission to h:

Boys Reiza I ask you, please, this is really the only thing I find disappointing in this great simulator, ie, when changing gears is easier to make mistakes in the game than that on a real machine (personally in real life I learned to drive on the old Fiat 500 with the unsynchronized transmission, so blip, toe and heel mandatory) right now the clutch is far from reality, with the pedals of the g27 if you do not press the pedal all the way you can not change, the clutch detached or attached only to the bottom of the pedal stroke.
    in reality it happened during a trip that broke the cable clutch in my car, with the engine off I inserted the first gear, I started the engine and I got home, changing gears without clutch.
    AMS, at any engine speed, without pressing the clutch, the gearbox does not work, this is absolutely unreal!

would be nice if: until the change to h has reached a development if not the same, but at least very close to reality, the menu of options you could choose the gear h mode: Advanced mode or normal mode as it was before.

what I wrote just wants to be a constructive criticism, he does not want to offend against anyone

English is not my native language

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Delta timing bar (already reported in beta). Works for first session, but not subsequent ones. Exit game and re-enter and it will once again work for the first session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch
    Car Used: Ultima GTR Race
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: It is impossible to adjust the refuel amount during the race. Also, the auto pit stop seems to release the car too early, causing a penalty if the player accelerate immediatey.
    More info and screenshot: Can't adjust refuel load and drive through penalty despite auto pitlane

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Pavel Koshkin

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Private Qual (multiplayer)
    Report: Spotter working in private qual when opponent in same place but you alone on track
    More info and screenshot:[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park Internacional
    Car Used: F3
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: AI crash on second chicane
    More info and screenshot: in this barrier
    GRAB_015.JPG

8. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Granja Viana (Layout1)
    Car Used: Karts
    Applicable Settings: All sesions
    Report: Incorrect track limit at turn 6 (i think its the 6)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch GP
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer with ~5 or more players online.
    Report: All opponents disappear and the server locks up completely after a random period of time.
    More info: At an unpredictable time, the server will lock up or crash, however you are still able to drive around on it, but all of the other players on the server are not visible. When I try to normally close the AMSdedicated.exe it completely locks up and I have to force close it with the task manager. This only seems to happen with Brands Hatch. Unsure if it also happens with the Indy layout. This is kind of a game breaking bug as it's not possible to race on Brands Hatch.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. Sean

Sean Badapple AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park International
    Car Used: MCR 2000
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: DQ when off the circuit at T4 (Island bend) for no apparent reason
    More info and screenshot: When running in our club race, I was DQ'd for no apparent reason when running off circuit and into the barrier at T4. There was no 'wrong way' message and the DQ came up very suddenly. I was running in the race direction the whole time (though on the grass) but never spun around or ran in the opposite direction at any time during the off.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I need to blip the throttle on downshifts with the Superkart.
    Is this a bug ?

12. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: /
    Report: The ''Driving off road, lap discarded'' warning has no effect.
    It does not discard the lap - the timing does not stop as it does when the spotter
    reminds you of the off track.
    Appears like there's one cut detection system too many running atm..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Cordoba
    Car Used: Ultima Race Car
    Applicable Settings: Offline, using auto pit
    Report: Did a 35 mins race at Cordoba and during a pit stop the ai keeps on hitting other cars after they leave their pit box.

14. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Multiple and intermittent, but see attachment for evidence
    Car Used: Multiple and intermittent, but see attachment for evidence
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: XML missing sector and lap times
    Steps to reproduce: Intermittent, but see this for example and I am seeing quite often so can provide as many examples as you want. My perception, at least is happening every 2 out of 5 races or thereabouts.

The following is excerpt from linked file above which contains missing times. I'd also like to reiterate and receive acknowledgement via an agree to this post that non-standard XML (i.e. space used in tags) is also an issue.

<Driver>
    <Name>ProfessionalSimRacing</Name>
    <Connected>1</Connected>
    <VehFile>ULTIMA_04.VEH</VehFile>
    <UpgradeCode>01000000 00000000</UpgradeCode>
    <VehName>Ultima: Mike Chianti</VehName>
    <CarType>Road</CarType>
    <CarClass>Road</CarClass>
    <CarNumber>04</CarNumber>
    <TeamName>Team 03</TeamName>
    <isPlayer>1</isPlayer>
    <ServerScored>1</ServerScored>
    <GridPos>22</GridPos>
    <Position>22</Position>
    <ClassGridPos>22</ClassGridPos>
    <ClassPosition>22</ClassPosition>
    <Points>0</Points>
    <ClassPoints>0</ClassPoints>
    <LapRankIncludingDiscos>22</LapRankIncludingDiscos>
    <Lap num="1" p="22" et="11.3783" s1="42.9701" s2="29.6387" s3="47.7764" fuel="0.478">120.3852</Lap>
    <Lap num="2" p="22" et="131.7636" s1="30.9159" s2="28.0384" fuel="0.455">--.----</Lap>
    <Lap num="3" p="22" et="239.6722" s1="30.8956" s2="27.8031" s3="53.1538" fuel="0.435">111.8525</Lap>
    <Lap num="4" p="22" et="351.5247" s1="31.2415" s2="28.0792" s3="48.0107" fuel="0.416">107.3314</Lap>
    <Lap num="5" p="22" et="458.8561" s1="31.8033" s2="27.9731" s3="47.9353" fuel="0.392">107.7117</Lap>
    <BestLapTime>107.3314</BestLapTime>
    <FinishTime>555.1895</FinishTime>
    <Laps>5</Laps>
    <Pitstops>0</Pitstops>
    <FinishStatus>Finished Normally</FinishStatus>
    <ControlAndAids startLap="1" endLap="5">PlayerControl</ControlAndAids>
    </Driver>

15. Marc Collins

Formula Classic:

Selection of analogue or digital dash results in digital dash in the car.

Description says 6-speed H-pattern, but transmission behaves as a sequential, requiring clutch only to get moving in 1st gear. Cockpit graphics may show sequential shifter...hard to tell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Further to my report of the mismatching rpms on the Montana, there are some other similar situations where the in-cockpit visual display of the rpm on the dash indicator does not match the HUD rpm indication. Those cars are:

Formula V12
    Montana (bar chart)
    Catherham 360R
    Catherham 620R
    Lancer X
    Formula Vintage (this one is minor and may be on purpose trying to replicate a slightly inaccurate tachometer of the 1960's?)

17. Fred Crowe

Fred Crowe New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch
    Car Used: Any Car
    Applicable Settings: Internet Multiplayer with 1 other online player and 5+ AI added
    Report: When I've hosted an online session with 1 friend joined, I add 5+ AI to the game and for the connected online friend, their PC locks up and Automobilista Freezes.
    ( Also freezing bug repeated with 1 friend and no AI when qualifying is selected )
    Tested and on different computers with brands hatch and always the connected party's computer freezes when selecting qualifying or adding 5+ AI to the session.
    Steps to reproduce: Online hosted session with Brands Hatch, have 1 player connect to session. Either add 5+ AI to session or Go to qualifying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

19. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track with multiple layouts where you have set a time at a shorter layout
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: PB lap time is reporting lap time from a shorter layout (presumably because PB not layout-specific).
    Steps to reproduce: Load longer layout of track and PB from shorter track will display.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Track & layout: Jac. Oval
    Car used: All
    App settings : 4k, max
    Report: Game freezes/really low fps(like zero) on race restart.
    Only happens on this version of this track.
    First race start, all is good and get 60fps no problem but if i restart the race it freezes.
    Also when initially starting the game, after the Reiza intro the load screen that says Automobilista and shows the cars and the title is grey and dark, cant really see it. I think its always bedn like that.
    Lastly, i always get low fps while driving the Boxer when right up behind the car in front. Only happens when right up behind. I can have a full 22 car Boxer grid and get 60fps but basically touch the car in front and get 35fps.
    Ive reported this all before and am just wondering if this i being looked into? And if there is any chance of a fix?