Dedicated server settings (driving aids)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Le_Poilu, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

I'm looking for info about how behave the settings on the "driver aids" section in the dedicated server manager.

TC, ABS, ESP, etc can be set with numbers form 0 to 2 or 3.
    But what mean this numbers ?
    I get that 0 is fully disable, what about the other?

And what about if you set to ABS 1 or 2 on a server for a car series that's not supposed to have ABS ?

Is there a "factory" settings in there ? where you set the server to match the car specification so you don't have to manually set it, or allow multiclass serveur with car that have different specs (mainly for ABS and TC)

Thanks

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Number on the AID settings means the possible values for it (you can see the values on your game settings as well):

ABS:
    0 - Off
    1 - Low
    2 - Medium
    3 - High

TC:
    0 - Off
    1 - Low
    2 - High

If you want to allow only what the car has built in, you need to set it to 0 (off).
    The players will be able to Set the AIDs the car has on their garage screen (it will be their choice).

There's no factory settings on the Dedicate and i don't think there's a way to match with Multiclass specs as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Le_Poilu

Hi, thanks for the answer.

TBH I didn't understand what you said because I tried several think that gave me different results.

Until I understood that there's a mix between the "game driving aids" and the "electronics aids"
    The first are form the game "difficulty" options it's global to the game, the second come from the car setup, it's specific to each car.

The way the two operate can be disturbing.
    If I get it well it seems that the gaming aids overrule the electronic aids. So, on the server you can only set the max level of the gaming aids, witch will set the max level of the electronic aids related (ABS, TC, etc).
    Unfortunately this is wrong.
    If you set an Aids to 0/Off on the server, le Aids is fully disabled.
    You will be able to change it in you car setup menu, but it will have no effect at all.
    And when you try to change it on the fly (with some control you set) the message center will display that the aids is OFF regardless what you try to put.

I think we only need a simple modification for the dedicated serveur: we need the separation of "game aids" and "electronics aids"
    If we could activate only the "electronics aids" so we will have a "factory mode" and everything will be solved :)

4. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For the first part, yes! That's how it was explained by Renato on how it would work.
    The "game aids" that can be activated for every car since they are aids from the game and specific car aids, that can only be activated on a car that has them.

If you're saying that setting everything to 0 on the server settings does not allow you to set ABS to low on the Lancer RS for example on the garage screen (or allow but doesn't make a difference), then this sounds like a bug to me!

@Renato Simioni could clear things up, but the game aids should not interfere with the car specific aid, at least that was i understood from previous explanations!

5. Le_Poilu

This is exactly it.
    Tried this with multiple car that should have abs in their specs (boxer cup, camaro ss, etc)
    Each time server has the abs set to 0, the abs settings in car setup don't do anything. You can set it to low/high etc.. but once in the track there's definitely no abs.
    And if you operate with you controller to change abs setting on the fly it will tell you it's "off" regardless what you're doing.

Same thing for tc.

6. Le_Poilu