Driving at night

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Silvano, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like to drive at night but unfortunately the lights are far to low on ground so i cant see as far as i would but just in front of the car wich is not enough.
    Would it be possible to fix that and how?

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is the fun of driving at night when you can see the same as at day time?
    I don't think it needs fixing, because it isn't broken. You light a good 75m in front of the car,
    Learn the track, drive slower or Race on tracks with enough lightning like Kansai

3. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

What's the car you drive? Some race cars only have lights because homologation to it's road version. That dim lights is not intended to use at night racing.
    Some endurance race cars like LMP or GTE has astonishing headlight system for long time night racing.

4. Silvano

Well i am driving a car that has light because, as you say, not all have it. I cant remember wich one and it does not matter really because when i drive a car that has light at night, i only see just in front of my car wich makes impossible to drive really. dont know if i make myself clear as english is not my native, anyway with the light illuminate just a few meters in front, its a no go...
    the point i am trying to do is, is it possible to raise the light?
    Now the car i was driving was the Porsche GT3 from EECGT mod, i dont know about the LMP cars in AMS, can you be more specific?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  5. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

Well, there are only the headlight On/Off control, and for most of cars it seems already fixed in the Highbeam.
    The GT3's light are good. I'd say it illuminated about 20meters in front of me and wide enough to cover the track and signs. But well, if you were not familiar with the track, you would feel it's very short.
    I won't attempt to say I could do a lap in such condition as fast as I can under daylight. Having checked with my 5X time le-mans result, my night lap was about 3-5 sec slower than day laptime. That a circle with nice illumination itself and very well known to me.
    BTW beside the EECGT3 mod, EEC also published a LeMans Series mod for AMS with GTE and LMP2 class, check it on their forum or facebook.

6. Silvano

ok Angel, i will do that, thanks :)