1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.4.0 Update Released, now updated to v1.0.4.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Off-topic, but Spa and Nurburgring are only an hour's drive apart in real life. I've driven to the Nurburgring one evening when spectating at Spa 24 Hours just to do a lap.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know about the DLC Racin USA but if you look at the future dlcs is just before the last dlc and has no release month nor other details, that is why I said "I do not think Reiza will focus on North America in the future". There is a lot of other content to be released before Racin USA which probably will be released in the next years.

Unfortunately no luck for me with British GT content. As I only have an I5 as cpu and a Radeon 590 I am very limited in performance and ACC looks like cr... and runs like cr.... and also ffb on my T300rs is the worst out of all sims(rf2, AC, AMS are all much better).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rodger Davies

Interesting; ACC ran fine for me on an old i5 and a 480RX on a single screen

I should have guessed from the name! I love that part of the world; you’re a lucky man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ACC worked fine in early stages for me also but after a game update something changed, after my fps dropped and now I have never ending stuttering problems. But as I said I prefer others sims due to ffb.

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Goodwood live stream link if anyone is interested. They're doing the FOS shootout on the circuit rather than the hillclimb this year which is way more interesting IMO. A few cars from the game are there, plenty more examples of sideways Mini's as well I imagine ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks good. Next project either be 100% historical content or Rally. 2023-2026 gonna be interesting. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

It would be great to have
    Ginetta gt5
    Aston Martin gt4 and gt3
    mclaren gt4 and gt3
    Mercedes gt4 and gt3
    bmw gt4 and gt3
    audi gt4 and gt3
    porche gt4 and gt3
    corvette gt4 and gt3
    mustang gt4 and gt3
    Dtm 2018 or 2020 also.
    way to create your own skin in the game like gt sport, forza with an option to share with the community within the game.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Marius H

ACC is this way ---->

:p

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

<------- RaceRoom is that way :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I prefer to spend my money and support a small developer like reiza as they do an amazing job and I prefer they add this cars in the future, I don't mind paying extra for it. If I wanted to play the games mentioned above I would be there and not here.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Marius H

<3 Reiza <3
    < Ribeiros <3

13. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't mind about those modern GT-Cars! They have to present it to the audience. I would like to drive Group C, Group 5 and Group 6 in the near future. And of course a 917K...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Is there a chance of Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini cars of the Brazilian Endurance to come to the game? Has anything ever been said oficially about it?

15. Rodger Davies

I don't think anything's officially been said about it - there's a pic of a 2016 Porsche GT3, so I think that a Porsche 911 GT3R is likely, but Ferrari and Lamborghini seem to be very expensive to licence so I highly doubt we'll see those personally.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Where did you find information of the costs of licensing Ferrari and Lamborghini?

17. Rodger Davies

I say "seem" to be, because they're not very commonly found in the 'niche' games; Assetto Corsa being the obvious exception, but they have some B2B links that have allowed them to get ahead (see also rF2 having Ferrari because of their running of the virtual LM24 this year, Raceroom have the WTCR Alfa because of their links to the series).

I recall small anecdotal details from SMS when they were developing Project CARS and from Sector3 talking about Raceroom alluding to the costs, but I don't have a source I can link you to.

Mostly my post is speculative, based on gut feel as much as anything, but I certainly don't hold out any expectation for any of the 'Italian' marques. As a rule of thumb, if it's not in Raceroom I don't expect to see it in AMS2.

Pity, because the Alfa GTA would fit better in this game than any other... hopefully I'm wrong.

18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There was a recent mention on the S3 forums by a developer that some manufacturers just flat out refuse to license their cars to everybody regardless of financial concerns. Maybe Kunos being an Italian company has something to do with them having Ferrari, Lamborghini and Alfa Romeo licenses.

Although, Lambo nowadays is under the Audi umbrella and pretty much every GT3 simulator has the Audi R8 in it (which shares its engine and many other parts with the Huracan), which makes it even more confusing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Rodger Davies

I think that seems to be a general thing - Gran Turismo seemed to find Japanese licences easier, Kunos with the Italian brands, Raceroom's done plenty with Swedish and German licences, Reiza seems to deal very well with Brazilian marques etc.

So that entirely depends how the company is structured. VAG own the individual companies, but the licencing of individual brands within that is handled entirely within those companies. So dealing with VW doesn't make it easier to deal with Seat and Skoda, for example. You can see in Codemasters' games different licencing restrictions based on individual brands; for example, Audi doesn't allow any 'fictional' liveries on its works cars, whilst the others do. I'm sure in other companies the opposite is true - for example, I don't think it's coincidence that BMW and Mini both arrived in AMS2 at the same time; I'm pretty sure BMW licence both of those separately.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's pretty basic. When you license something like these cars or series, half the effort revolves around accuracy and how will it be used, etc., and the other half is preventing others from doing the same thing with the same assets since the perception was that would devalue the license. Exclusivity has traditionally been the order of the day--unfortunately for sim racing as a whole. Thank goodness some manufacturers like Porsche finally woke up to how counter-productive that was to all involved--even themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1