1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.4.0 Update Released, now updated to v1.0.4.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True.. It was already in the trailer at June 30th release :D

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'd rather they don't rush it. If it's out around 15th of November, but working flawlessly, it's better for the game as a whole than a 30th October release with several bugs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you, but it doesn’t mean they can’t post some previews ;)

McLaren GT4 in those screenshots

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

a bit more light :)
    ElGq2PkWkAIO1dj.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 8
  6. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

How do you know they are rushing it? I don't disagree with you but I haven't seen any hints that it's been rushed. Things happens under the radar you know.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Dicra

I don't know for sure, but previous updates tended to need a complimentary update to smooth them out. I hope that's not the case here. Also, the twitter message seems to not be quite sure they're going to get the update done by the 30th October, which probably means there are still several things to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wolfgang Herold

if pessemism is your way of live, you just have to hide in a basement.
    Could, would, looks like, tend....... All those bad precognitive visions still hurt your live :p

ACC and RF2 never announce an update, but send hotfixes in the days after their release too.
    I cant' live w/o a hotfix :whistle:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Wolfgang Herold

;)
    no wizzard. Just Photoshop user

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

it is actually better to rush, the more players playing, quicker to see the bugs and report here for fixes, can't wait for the gt cars, let's see if any gt3 cars also come in this update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dicra

Oh, I'm actually pretty happy with my life, despite occasionally taking a leap outside my basement. I'm not sure how that came to be the topic of this discussion, though.

I've recognized a pattern in the previous Reiza releases, extrapolated, and explained my thought process. Did that really need such a condescending response?

12. Rober

Rober Member

First screenshot is not Mclaren
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you know of any software that is bug-free? I have been in computing for 30 years, and I have never known a program that has no bugs.

And hotfixes are not a bad thing, on the contrary, it means that they strive to correct and improve the product.

As for the content, it seems that the GT3 / 4 that arrive are Mercedes, McLaren, Porsche and BMW.

If so, enough for me

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dicra

There's a scale between "no bugs" and "too many bugs", and I feel like previous releases have been on the wrong side of the scale before the hotfixes came in. I'm not alone in that, as several YouTubers rushed to review the "new update", only to be confronted with several issues they then thought to be part of the game.

They weren't, anymore, after the hotfix, but that didn't help public perception of the game, which I feel is quite criticial in general - and it doesn't get better if you jump into an update and discover several problems with, say, the newly introduced historic touring cars' driving behaviour.

I want for this game to be successful and gather a large audience. That doesn't work when most people that actually notice Reiza's penchant for perfection are those that already play it/are on this forum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL.. One Cayman GT4 and one McLaren on the way for sure. Probably one Merc and one Bmw as well? :)

:hurrayreiza:

16. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

There are a some bugs that usually they didnt show up at test environment, and neither on Beta server, only on the main production environment. So its kind "normal" to expect some bugs, that usually, they are fixed a few days later than the released date. Sometimes even hours.

I can confirm as someone who work with this daily.

But i get that your point about bugs, and i also dont mind to wait a few more days to get this release in a more stable version, as it happen with last update.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That "too many bugs" is relative. It all depends on the resources available and the amount of content and functions to implement. Considering that Reiza is a very small team, and that they have had to learn a new graphics engine, implement or port a lot of circuits and cars, I do not think that the amount of bugs they have is exaggerated. There are, just like they need to polish many things, but I think the effort they are making is admirable.

There are simulators and games on the market that have been around for years and still have errors and things to implement, and they are studies with many more workers and budget.

Youtubers matter very little to me, most of them talk a lot and demand too much, when many of them would not even know how to do a "Hello World" in plain text. If you had programmed something in your life, you would see how many checks to do every time the code is modified, and there is always the risk that when fixing one thing new errors will appear, it is literally impossible to do all the checks ...

We all want Automobilista 2 to be very successful and reach many more people, but things are being done little by little

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally, I would rather wait a few days or weeks for the beta testers to iron out all major bugs rather than see another buggy release, followed by more lazy "hurr durr Madness Engine hurr durr" takes from the usual suspects. Since a lot of people on the fence about AMS2 seem to be waiting for the GT content to come out, this is the crucial moment to demonstrate that the outstanding bugs can be squashed and the GT cars will lead the way to entirely new levels of simulation quality and driving pleasure in AMS2.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dicra

I personally do agree that most YouTubers aren't reliable in their judgement. Sadly, despite that, they have a huge influence on a large amount of potential (AMS2) customers.

I know that, and you know that, and we also both know that Reiza's effort - especially considering the manpower they have at hand - is very admirable. It's not you and me that need to be convinced to buy, though.

20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I’m about to sound a bit spoiled, but that’s the old model of the Cayman I think, not the 718 Clubsport that has been the ‘current’ model for the last few years. Which I find a bit disappointing if so. It’s the PCARS2 model.

As the Porsche GT3 shot also showed the 2016 version of that model, it looks like we may end up with models that are already fairly out of date.