1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Gillish

Gillish Member

Hey Guys, thanks for the continuously updating and improving custom FFB files! It actually makes me want to try some things myself, however I don't really grasp the syntax of the .txt files. Is there an explainer somewhere about how to code in this 'language'?
    Also, what kind of analysis tools do you use to check for clipping? Just the histograms in game, or something more advanced? :)

2. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Karsten I just wanted to tell you that the xxxx9.3 exp is great on my logi dfgt!
    I'm using the mid wheel files. Just awesome.
    Thank you so much for your work!
    My only wish would be a little more grip loss effect, but for me its now close to perfect.
    Gracias! Danke! Thank you!

3. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten,
    I have been using the latest xxx.9.6 since it came out, and i have to say, with a couple of tweaks to suit me, i am really enjoying the experience. The only thing really missing, i guess, is flatspots, but that is probably more down to Reiza, yes? I will now have to compare it to the latest default FFB, and I'll report back. Thanks for all your efforts, and i hope you can keep the improvements coming.

4. Michael Enright

Have tried New Default FFB, but still prefer the latest custom file. It is certainly not perfect, but it seems to bring a lot more through, and feels a bit more natural. To me anyway. Keep it coming please.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like ffb is beeing updated for the next update and also a new slider will be added "Dampening"

6. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Michael,

I do have a few things that would be nice to improve, change and fix.
    But not sure when my time will allow it...
    If there's anything specific feel very welcome to post me directly and I can prob. easier find some time, as specific issues might be fast to change.

But let's see what this new release brings, sounds exciting!

Best regards,

-Karsten

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Enright

Yeah, just reading about the New Default FFB on the latest update, and it sounds like a real improvement. I will check it out later and let you know what I think. Great work. Thanks again.

8. Michael Enright

Hey Karsten. I have tried the latest New Default FFB, but as good as it is, I still don't think it has got as good a feel as your custom file. Only thing i can think of that is really missing, is more feel under brakes. The pulling of wheel to left or right, depending on wheel that locks. Something like that. And, ofcourse, some sort of flatspotting. Apart from that, I reckon you could only do fine tuning, if any. Thanks. Hopefully you'll get a bit of time to update, and maybe even play a bit. :D Thanks mate, keep up the great work.

EDIT: And maybe a bit of a guide to what each editable line in the file does.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Hey everyone! I just bought AMS2 yesterday to give the guys at Reiza some support, in the hope that they can really bring PC2's awesome graphics engine (still my fave in that regard) onto the only physics and FFB platform that (I have heard and am starting to experience) rivals rF2. FWIW I also like ACC but I want more variety of official cars, which is one reason why rF2 isn't where I spent all my sim time. I tried iRacing on a friend's rig and I just cannot justify all that money for something that isn't superior, IMO.

I use a trusty old T500RS (Podium 2 is on my Santa list) and was pretty surprised to try Pops FFB for PC2. Engine vibration, pretty good road feel and overall it transformed PC2 for me. Is there a custom FFB file for AMS2 that has similar characteristics?

I'm going to give the Silver series a try later today and would appreciate any recs for someone who is on a T500 and is looking for the tyre feel of rF2 with the rest of what AMS2 offers.

Thanks!

10. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    I use t300 and this is the best ffb I could find so far, could also work for your t500 :)
    The file is made by NuScorpii V2.5 I only tweaked :
    by default this one is set at 0.00 : (min_force 0.07)
    by default this one is set at 0.04 : (tightness 0.6)

Gain is set at around 60-80 depending o the car
    Low force is set at 35
    Fx is set at 0

If you find the back of the cars slippery when exiting a corner compared to rf2 reduce pressure in the rear tyres by 0.10Bar(something like F1.40Bar-R1.30Bar)

Edit: I also use only 600deg of steering rotation in Thrustmaster control panel or even 450deg for older cars like the Lotus or DTM cars, feels better for me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Thanks @AndreiC ! I will download it later and give it a go! I was also using the default NuScorpii v2.5 file. It feels great to me, hopefully your improvements will make it even better!

If by any chance you also play RF2, do you know of a way to generate similar FFB?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I suspect many 'a' developer has asked the very same question. :p:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Michael Enright

Speaking of @NuScorpii, I haven't heard anything from him for some time. It's a shame he couldn't keep updating his work, as it was very good, and with the latest improvements in the New Default FFB, he probably could have made it even better. Hope he makes a return.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Reiza defaut FFB has come very nicely for my TS PC wheel now but i agree with above comments nuscorpii2.5 has provided me the best FFB experience in this Game

15. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello guys,
    i looking for the value, that make this extreme shaking in the FFB, what can i reduce or deactivate? I think, thats the difference between the movement of the front tires.

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Finally the Default ffb seems to be at the level of what you used to need the custom files for.
    The various custom files still have their own take or adds flavor that you might like, but I don't see them as being critical any longer. I personally still use "Silver Raw", since to me it feels the most "real" and not as game-like, but there are benefits either way, imho & I would actually be happy using Default as well or "Heavy Messing", which is also awesome since it adds seriously great twists/enhancements/adjustments to the "Default" that you might like as well. Just good options, all 3!! as it is now, great!
    But really the best part being you simply don't have to care/worry about custom files any longer, unless you know what you want & have a specific taste.

Hopefully Reiza keeps this level of commitment on the FFB side up for at least 1 or 2 major ffb upgrades more & then Default will finally outshine the custom files, on it's own, rendering them not required by anybody. It seems like just a few more additions away.

Reiza, PLEASE don't step back and relax on your FFB dev now :)

My biggest issue left is that the cars are not so interesting to drive to me. They also bounce way too much(as many are reporting on the suspension issues).
    I have more fun lapping PC2 with the "Silver Project" file, and it's interesting to feel the difference between the same GT3 cars in the 2 titles! With the silver files I can directly compare how they feel.
    Not exactly sure what makes the cars more interesting to drive in PC2, hopefully Reiza will be able to correct/improve the physics so this won't be the case for too long.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good post Karsten.

In one of his posts, Renato mentioned that custom FFB files may no longer work properly. I assume from your post that you aren’t of that opinion? I’m still using HM 2.3 and it still feels really good to me (better than the new default IMO).

Thanks again to you, NuScorpii and everyone that contributed to the custom file project. I feel that thanks to your efforts, a bunch of us here were experiencing great ffb months before it became mainstream!!:);)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Strange, for me personally, the new default is still not even close to what i was getting while using "Heavy Messing", a lot less information, especially when it comes to road surface but a lot more clipping than before.

Maybe i should try some of the older cars today as this might be related to the GT3s and GT4s, which i tried almost exclusively after the release?

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Right, I think the custom files work well still, just not really a requirement any longer, since the Default now deals with the biggest gripes of the older Defaults. Had I come in to the game now, I honestly would not care for any of them any longer :) The huge difference is gone, to me, and I'd rather spend my time on the track :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Karsten Hvidberg

The Default isn't perfect, yet :) There are nuances that might be very important to the advanced user or the user that already has adjusted to some specific sensations.

Clipping is def. one thing they should improve and I'm hopeful that will happen soon as it's trivial. It does not clip for me, only because I don't run high gain, being on a DD wheel base.
    The road details are very subjective, some like them more exaggerated, some not at all. To me they felt ok. I used to like them more exaggerated, but it changed. I would think the FX slider would make them more pronounced if you push it higher?

The biggest issue I have had with Default was the EXTREME game-feel on a DD or other high end wheel base. It is still there, but the dampening does enough for me that I wouldn't look for custom files to fix it, as a gamer. Not perfect yet, but better on the few cars I test drove.

For anybody that want's to twiddle, custom files are still great. Not saying they're not! And they do provide interesting twists.

• Like Like x 1