1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Career and online ranking are coming in the next few monthly updates. check the dev road map in the AMS2 site ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't quite understand you, you have said before that you only find out that the race is over when CrewChief tells you, do you need anything else? As far as I know, the one who has complained that you have no indication that the race is over is you. For me it is enough for the engineer to tell me by radio

3. DeMol

DeMol New Member

Seems like Mike has a bad day and wants everybody to play games his way :)

Moving forward... let's check tonights hot fix, having the race with my favorite Porsche GT3 Cup with improved AI.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Happy to help you understand if that was too complicated. I sometimes miss the race over message in game and rely on a third party add on to find out that the race is finished. I don't need anything else - but I do need to run Crew Chief in addition to AMS2. Does that help?

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.0.5.1 is now live on AMS2 Beta - it is a hotfix to address a bug with non-linear bumpstops and helper springs, which led to Porsches being particularly bouncy on previous release.

If you had tweaked the default setup at all in v1.0.5.0, make sure to reset your setups before driving (not delete your full settings, just go in garage and reset to default),

The hotfix also features some revisions to the other cars as well as an AI code adjustment to address some poor awareness issues in some circunstances when AI cars were side by side with the player.

V1.0.5.1 CHANGELOG:
    • Small improvements to the logic of AI to avoid invading of human line on straights when far from curves
    • Fixed non-linear bumpstop code
    • Revised suspension for Porsches
    • Revised Mclaren 720S GT3 aero, brakes & drivetrain
    • Revised Mclaren 570S aero & brakes
    • Revised GT3 / Prototype tire tread for slightly more longitudinal slip
    • Corrected Mclaren 720S stats & onboard cameras
    • Updated volumes of all Porsche GT3 / Cup cars and minor improvements to GT3-R sound set
    • Nurburgring: Smoothed harsh road bumps along the pit lane entrance;conform some overlay mainly in pit lane region (road line, kerb verge, grass verge, road seam) fixed some tyrewall Z fighting & some object LOD popping; reorganized bollard/cone for Veedol chicane layout; Minor Art pass
    • Goania: Minor art pass

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 5
  6. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh New Member

Good thing they are fixing the bouncy Porsches and terrible AI. Did they say anything about snap oversteer/rear locking while braking on these GT3's?

Also gravel/grass is still the same thing since early access, black holes where the car bounces like crazy.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Maybe because grass and gravel tend to be bouncy things for stiffly sprung race cars ;)

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

hi Renato, any chance to fix Ultima onboard camera on ultrawide monitor? it is off-center - to the right - since release. thanks :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice update :)

Tip for those who still find the Porsche 911 Cup 3.8/4.0 a bit too bouncy: Soften the front anti-roll bar. Spread the word.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Some considerations after a little test after the update.

The bouncy its a lot better than before, but still exists, its there, like when you enter in the curve of the sun at interlagos, that its totally flat corner / terrain, the suspension still bouncy a lot more than it should. Its easy to see if you compare with Mclaren or AMG. But its possible to drive the car.

The Mclaren GT3 its now heating the rear tires a lot, like in 1 and half of lap you heat till became yellow to red. For those who claim that the car its in trails, its not anymore, if you push hard, there will be over and understeer, depends on how you enter in the corner. Apart the heat, its feels good to drive this car.

The Porsche GT4 its really good to drive, but still suffering with a lot of bouncy too. And the Mclaren GT4 its way better with the brake fixed.

Nice one reiza, keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I did find the Porsche GT4 cars to be particularly bouncy, lol. Having not driven GT4 cars before the update, I just assumed they had road car suspensions, haha.

12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Thanks.
    Had so much fun I have not tried the Porsche's yet so nows a good time I guess.
    (online test) in about 30 mins

13. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Yikes. but thats what you get when people ask to make it more difficult, not more realistic.

14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

And main? just updated here v1.0.5.1main

15. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Encore l'arrière de la Porsche 911 GT3 R complètement vissé à la piste, même en supprimant l'antipatinage je peux accélérer comme je veux, ça ne bouge pas. les Porsche Cups, mieux mais toujours très étranges. Je ne peux même pas faire demi-tour sur la glissière pour revenir dans la bonne direction après avoir quitté la route par exemple, comme si j'avais un antipatinage. En revanche, le Merco est toujours au top et le Mclaren excellent. Je n ai pas retesté la GT4. Bonne chance, je continue à aimer. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

agree, after long testing I found the Merc Gt3 the best car in AMS2 so far, the quality of physics and ffb is vastly superior than any other car at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Ultima GTR for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The good:

AI is now better behaved and can be raced side-by-side
    The 911 GT3 is fast becoming my favourite Porsche in sim racing
    The Cayman GT4 and 911 Cup are improved and nicer to drive

The bad:

The Cayman GT4 and 911 Cup still have too stiff front suspension with excessive bumpiness
    Camaro GT4 still has the rear view blocked

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. psone

psone Guest

so the 720s is a ton of fun to drive, but does anyone else think maybe its a little too fast? I was at least 4 seconds slower in the Porsche, which still feels a bit soft.

Overall the GTs drive better but in terms of ffb they feel quite disconnected in comparsion to other cars like the Ultima, the prototypes, 190E.

either way, really appreciate the fix coming so quickly, look forward to the GTs evolving over the months to come. :)

20. theF1man

theF1man Member

Thanks for the hot fix, i remember seeing the Porsche Carrera Cup around Brands Hatch and speaking to the drivers, they talked about how the front end would be abit bouncy and thats why alot of drivers who drive a Porsche for the 1st time talk about how the car feels like it wants to kill you lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1