1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Relax, guys! GT3/GT4's are simple cars. Nothing fancy. They are basically moving computers. Currently they do a great job. Only Porsch bit too bouncy and the Mercedes GT3 FFB is a tad too heavy. We are missing button/rotary-assignments as well but I am sure they eventually come.

Tomorrow or Friday Nord comes and thus fixes. :cool:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

My money is on Saturday morning, with a Twitter announcement late on Friday to tell us that.:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

That's not my argument at all and I agree with that, but ok...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Hey mate, could you tell if you feel engine rumble (FX) on Default mode? In my T300RS, all FX are now dead, no matter the amount I set in the FX slider but the weird part comes when I switch to Custom mode: rumble effects are back and I'm not even using a custom file! o_O
    BTW, verything was just fine before v1.0.5.1 and I deleted all content in docs folder after update.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's repeat all together: "GT3s are not meant to be killing machines. They are meant to be driven remaining on the tarmac for 24 hours by 3 different drivers (often gentleman drivers) with different tastes. They are NOT the edgy, unforgiving machines some sims depict".
    Now let's take a breath :D

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ettore

Just look at this save on wet. If the car was so edgy Nick Tandy would have to be scraped off the wall at Eau Rouge. That happened at about 190-200 kph

Tandy's Eau Rouge Tankslapper!

7. RJ Espinoza

RJ Espinoza New Member

Confirmed... All engine rumble is gone. Tested the Roco P3.

• Like Like x 1
  8. David Peres

People who have a "more difficult = more realistic" mentality can be quite annoying, but those who react against this mentality in such a way that they end up going to the opposite extreme are just as annoying.

Cars are not black and white in terms of how difficult they are to drive. Some are easy, some are difficult, and then there's all the range in between the two extremes, so, just because I think the Porsche GT3 appears to be a bit forgiving doesn't mean I want Reiza to make it a difficult monster like the Super V8. I also don't want sim cars to be more difficult than they should just for the hell of it

There's plenty of onboard videos on youtube where you can see GT3 cars sometimes sliding a bit out of corners and the driver having to react quickly and correct it. Then there's always videos like this:

In AMS2 currently you can drive the GT3 cars over high kerbs like those without issues, like the high sausage kerb on "the kink" corner in Kyalami. You can drive over it as if it wasn't there at all and that's not what I see real GT3 cars doing. It should be ok for me or anyone to post their opinion when they see what they perceive as being something a bit off like this, and Reiza is the one who chooses to see if there's some merit in that opinion and they should look into it or not.

At the end of the day none of us has driven a GT3 car and we go by onboard videos, drivers testimonies and other sims to form our opinion, so the responses you guys are giving for my post basically amounts to saying "my opinion is better than yours".. which is fine, because this is a forum and we all should give our feedback. What matters is that AMS2 might end up with the most realistic cars that Reiza can make, based on real data, regardless of our opinions.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. RJ Espinoza

RJ Espinoza New Member

There's clearly something wrong with AMS2 right now. It's not a gt3 thing. All cars and tracks are affected.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. David Peres

Honestly don't know since I usually turn of engine rumbling on sims so I would not notice the absence of the effect. I can check tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ettore

The problem with the kerb you show in the video is IMHO different: the car reacts extremely well to the kerb. It does not take off like you can see in that corner in some other sims (iracing to start with but not only) and after the first landing pretty much tires remain on the tarmac, no further rebounds. The reason why he spun is not that hitting the kerb launches the car. The reason he spun is that because since he did not attack the kerb with the right line he found himself with the wrong speed, line and wheel angle. It has nothing to do directly with the way the kerb is absorbed as such. That corner will punish you if you are caught with the wrong speed and the wrong steering wheel angle indipendently from the kerb. Mostly the reason is that you have almost zero rear aero and as soon as you have too much speed and too much steering angle you are in trouble.
    If you try the Nurburgring GP in the last chicane you will see that consequences of hitting a big sausage kerb are there in AMS2. Same at Imola at Variante Alta. With all cars.
    Kyalami (assuming the corner you are talking about is Cheetah) if you look well, shows different size of kerb between AMS2 and ACC versions of the track (which evidently what you are referring to): one has a big sausage kerb the other a smaller size. That is why you can cut it in AMS2 and not in ACC.
    I'm not sure which version is right. Also we must consider that some of these devices get installed and removed depending on the visiting series and regulation body and drivers requests (F1 often requests for instance devices that are not there for other series at Monza where I have direct knowledge). They may be there for one series and not for another. Often some of them are installed/removed after the drivers go around the circuit on thursday before the week end.
    Again, GT3s are the most compliant cars around in terms of setup and handling capabilities due to the nature of the races they are run on and the drivers that use them. They (but in general also other race cars) are not designed or setup to spin at every small imperfection of driving. You will lose time and your flying lap, you may damage the car, but it's not like every time you hit a kerb to strong you just lose the car completely or every time you come in slightly too hot in a corner the rear of the car goes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

[QUOTE = "AlexBfromG, post: 103119, membre: 16682"] S'il vous plaît, pour l'amour de Dieu, arrêtez de demander à Reiza de rendre les GT3 plus difficiles. Et lorsque vous comparez le rythme de la plupart des pistes à la vie réelle, ils sont assez proches partout.

Cet argument selon lequel difficile = plus réaliste vieillit. [/ QUOTE]
    Je suis tout à fait d'accord. Je regarde actuellement la saison de F1 1989, et ils se battent contre leur volant d'une manière similaire à mon expérience sur les F1 de la même époque sur le jeu. Pour les GT3, d'accord aussi mais j'ai testé à nouveau la Porsche GT3 R avec 0 aéro arrière et 0 antipatinage, c'était beaucoup plus facile que les Mercedes et Mclaren dans la configuration par défaut. Je pense qu'il y a un problème avec la Porsche GT3. Mais je m'éclate avec Merco et Mclaren;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Beginners...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

TRANSLATED
    [QUOTE = " Alex from, post: 103119, member: 16682 "] Please for goodness sake stop asking Reiza to make GT3s harder. And when you compare the pace of most tracks to real life , they're pretty close everywhere. This hard = more realistic argument is getting older. [/ QUOTE]
    I totally agree. I'm currently watching the 1989 F1 season, and they are fighting their steering wheel in a way similar to my experience on F1 cars from the same era on the game. For GT3s, ok too but I tested the Porsche GT3 R again with 0 rear aero and 0 traction control, it was much easier than the Mercedes and Mclaren in the default configuration. I think there is a problem with the Porsche GT3. But I'm having fun with Merco and Mclaren;)

15. David Peres

A much better post than the condescending answers I got before. I still disagree that the Posche GT3 in AMS2 is currently ok, even tough it feels great and fun to drive. On the last laps of a 30 min race with this car on the Nurburgring I started over-driving the car all over the place, over curbs, over grass, over the sausages on the last chicane, and there was some but very little consequences for me driving like a lunatic. Even my laptimes didn't decrease by much. GT3 cars should be easy, but I think this is a bit much.

The video posted by Avoletta1977 is another example. Currently the Porsche GT3 in ASM2 will never be disturbed by a curb to the point where you will have to correct like the guy did in the video.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Avoletta1977

The guy is one of my closest friends and no, this kind of cars are not easy at all at the limit.
    I give you a small hint... no car is easy at the limit.

In any case, the Porsche GT3 is running without diff locking at default (and very low at maximum available settings) so it’s even easier....

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ettore

I respectfully disagree. The fact itself that the video shows as a big correction could be done without losing the car is the proof itself the car is not a killer. And that despite being evident in the video how the car is setup to be crazily oversteering: look at the steering input needed to rotate the car and the speed at which the car rotates.
    I as well participated to streams and online races where real drivers were (including some known Corvette drivers from the manufacturer US program): many of them said exactly that real life cars are much more progressive and warn well before you lose them at the rear . You will be much slow and clearly overdriving reasonably before the loss of grip is unrecoverable. These are the words they used.
    There is plenty main stream drivers who explained how the sims cars behavior are not corresponding to real life especially in terms of rear end edginess.
    And a further proof is that even when teamed with the some of the best esports players, real life drivers almost never shine on sims like RF2, ACC and iracing. If any of them was realistic in that respect (and I am not saying AMS2 necessarily is better than them, I just mentioned them because they are often considered the cutting edge of sim driving) with the talent Leclerc and the many others who tried sim racing would be the fastest easily and yet they are not.
    The only fast real life racing drivers are guys like Lando and Verstappen who were sim racing before they even became full time known star drivers so probably they master the sim driving techniques even before real life ones.
    Driving fast is not easy totally agree, but going over the edge of the optimal grip yet does not result in immediate catastrophic loss of control of the car.
    Also I'm not sure if I have a special version of AMS2, but personally to get in the top 10 (a couple of days ago probably I will be already out by now) of the time trials at Nurburgring GP I was driving at the edge and correcting oversteer more than once and could not just jump carelessly on the kerbs (especially at Schumacher S) despite wing 7 on the McLaren and I lost it more than once in the process both at turn in and corner exit. Not sure how someone car drive with 0 front and 0 rear and no TC and go fast or even stay on the tarmac, but maybe it's me being bad driver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. David Peres

Regardless of whether you're right or wrong about your assumptions of how a GT3 car (and Porsche GT3 in particular, since that's the car I have a problem with) drives, that argument doesn't work.

No matter how realistic a sim car might be, the physical forces that a real driver relies on are absent from a sim, so it's normal that he might be slower than simracers who are used to drive based on visual clues and FFB for years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Avoletta1977

Yeah, I’ll tell Simone it was an easy save... :D

That said, yes, real cars are progressive, much more than some sim representations (GTR2, early rFactor2 or forever iRacing) but, come on...

No one here is stating AMA2 is a disaster, and in some cases it’s or has been much harder than needed (road cars?), but the GT3s and Cup are on the other side of the spectrum and become abruptly slidey on coasting only due to (apparently) unnecessary tire overheating (grip degradation with temperature seems to be excessive as well).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Currently online testing amg in wet with lobby set to no assist and in game tc @100 abs@0 settings appear to make not difference adjusted either way. I can full throttle on any corner 385bhp with no issues and cant lock brakes any speed

• Like Like x 1