1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Beetle (;)) sounds very good. I think the rest too. But not ACC level. I don't mind though.
    I like the Porsche. It should be faster though. In ACC it is faster - properly competitive on all but the very fast tracks. IRL it does well too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Better IMO...by far, because it's overall more accurate. Ironically ACC and R3E of all sims do the least attractive Porsche Sounds for me personally (Except the new RSR and the Vintage stuff in R3E, just brutally good IMO). Especially when it comes to the whines.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  3. DeMol

DeMol New Member

In almost every other sim than ACC, I just switch on my sound card reverb, and most of the time it make all sound much better, not always. I wonder why most of the sims don't consider just including a bit of reverb on existing sounds.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Huh? Interesting... Makes sense.
    But I'd need the reverb exclusively on my game-audio, lest CrewChief sounds like he's in a church?! Like you said, it should be baked in... Most sounds are far to plain an linear imo.
    What I'd really like for Christmas this year is car-specific ffb multiplier.

5. DeMol

DeMol New Member

It's not a 'big space like church' reverb, just kind of small metal room, lol. Crew chief sounds very clear with it. And at least I can hear like inside the car. Btw, most of sound cards have somr kind of 'surround' option. Just try it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

guys, anyone with a problem in the Porsche Cup? In my game it doesn't accelerate beyond 70kph ...

7. CrimsonEminence

Deactivate TC and Stability Control....switch your driving aids to authentic.
    If its STILL not working then, deactive autoclutch for a spin and retry, but it's unlikely.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

This speed issue is happening too with the F3. If TC is on, speed will be limited sometimes. Is it a bug?

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes...it seems to happen a lot that new cars are configured and tested for authentic aids and if you are using any game-based assistance (auto-clutch included with the others in the main menu), it takes a while to get that sorted.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

In Raceroom there is a setting specifically for adding such artificial reverb.
    If you set it higher than 2-5(of 100) it just sounds awfull (IMO).
    In relation to this you can also on higher end sound cards add some presets like Open Air Arena, Theater Hall hehe and even a Bathroom:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Do I have to say how laughable artificial such presets sounds?:p

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Right. The best results for an effective sound environment are likely to come from the dynamic game audio-engine itself, not some generic effects produced by the audio chip.

Some titles utilize the same sound-engine (as in other titles) much more effectively than others. Other titles may use a custom (effectively mod'ed) sound-engine.

IIRC, iRacing uses a custom sound-engine based on F-mod.

RaceRoom uses a custom engine (based on the Miles sound engine). The recent addition of internal resonance and backfire effects add to an already great audio experience imo.

AC/ACC both use F-mod very effectively but, the quality of sound samples and their application have progressively improved since the early days of AC.

12. CrimsonEminence

Massively...the depth of how the samples are used and blend into each other to a full spectrum also are NIGHT/DAY from AC to ACC...

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Omg... I never touched these features because they tend to s*ck...
    For everything but car interiors!! There's Windows sonic for headphones, as well as a setting on my audio-chip's software UI.
    I can't believe how much better it sounds now, a bit more "hollow" and bassy.
    Costs nothing, everybody should try this.
    Thanks mate!

• Like Like x 1
  14. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I might be among the few that do not like the reverb added to the ACC onboard sounds. To me it just do not sound natural, sounds like you are driving from a cave/Monaco tunnel, really hope Reiza will not add reverb to their sounds and just improve the sounds quality and and some missing sounds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dean Ogurek

There are certainly cases where reverb is effective as a spatial or reflective sound effect but, it can be overdone as an ambient sound imo. Having the overall ambient reverb be adjustable would be preferable but, I fully expect to have reverb effects in tunnels / bridges / walled sections. Having said that, I'm not sure how well the sound-engine can separate one such effect from another (tunnel reverb / general environmental reverb from wall reflection, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

Has to be placed by hand, if i remember it correctly (could be total fake news though)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Conserning such reverb effects in AMS2 then Im unsure if it needs a somewhat higher end soundcard to hear them.
    From 2-3 updates back(?) I could suddenly clearly hear a lot of reverb that was switched on on certain parts of different tracks.
    The abrubt switch on sounds a bit goofy or artificial - but because its allways when there as example is some wall or fence near the side of the track the intention is OK and (somewhat) realistic-ish ;)

18. 250swb

250swb Active Member

You have to set the control settings to 'Authentic'. If you try to switch off TC is just reverts to 'Low' and you still won't be able to accelerate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That reverb has been there for about six months. It is "artificial"/test exaggerated to ensure it is working. At some point, it will get added to all tracks in only the appropriate places and at the appropriate levels.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dean Ogurek

Sudden switch in reverb is not normal, to me it seems like a bug or mistake. I'm sure there is still a lot of work to do with audio in general. Even then, there's always more that can be refined or enhanced.

Look at iRacing and RaceRoom, still refining, updating sound samples, adding new effects, etc.