1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I drove a Porsche Cup car (the no-ABS no-TC version) last weekend on a closed track along with a formula renault 2.0 ... Porsche Cup doesnt feel like the real thing in either of the 2 games sadly, closest one is rFactor2. Real car isnt as wobbly and floaty, it is very precise and direct, you sense everything your front wheels are doing in the steering wheel and its surprisingly planted. Default FFB in AMS2 throws the car around too much. Even if it was to simulate weight transfer, you dont feel so much of it IRL.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. theF1man

theF1man Member

Not sure what Porsche you drove as ive driven a few laps round brands hatch in a gt3 cup car (at race speed) and AMS2 is the closest to the real thing imo, Rfactor 2 has made it too "planted" and the brakes feel too mushy imo

• Like Like x 2
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice to read your feedback about this car, guys. Most of us will probably never experience it.

Please let's keep it cool, though. :cool:

You could also share, what tyres you had on the car and if it was a Supercup or Endurance Cup, which might reveal some differences, before we have a conflict here. :D

Also these cars are pretty sensitive to allignment setup, afaik, which could make some differences, besides the usual memory protocol and approximation to personal and cars limits.^^

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

This was the GT3 Cup, so possibly similar/same. Actual car setup might be different. What wheelbase are you using? Cant see signatures on mobile.
    You dont feel like the torque applied when turning the wheel is too "vague" and pulling? Basically like a boat?
    I found rf2 pretty much perfect on DD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Oh yeah, i will probably stop right here as people tend to get butt hurt when less then positive feedback is provided. I didnt mean to offend the work put into this, just sharing my RL experience compared to a fairly high end sim gear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. theF1man

theF1man Member

Sorry i didnt mean to come across disingenuous, I understand he may have had the car setup differently and would be very interested in the setup he had if one can be provided

7. CrimsonEminence

Guys...what tyres?? :p Please share more impressions about this car, it's one of my most beloved sim cars, i really like to read about it (also in context to AMS2)!! :D

8. theF1man

theF1man Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

Surprisingly, this should be the tyre, that the rF2 version features, if i'm not totally wrong right now and it may vary also in driving experience in rF2, if you drive on lowest tyre pressure (way more planted, the most known "exploit" of this game right now) instead after the realistic pressure charts, depending on camber etc...

The AMS2 version is "biting" more into the track for me and feels less "wheelspinny", its balance changes less rapidly over several laps, but i actually find it comparable to the rF2 in some regards, like how the suspension works at higher speeds/impacts, like hitting kerbs on the Schumacher S, for example.

10. theF1man

theF1man Member

Thats one thing i hope S397 can fix one day, sure they do there best at getting alot of things right but once you change tyre pressure or suspension rates the car just does not feel right imo,
    On the subject of steering for AMS2 ive set my dampening to 20 and steering sensitivity to 100, i still prefer AMS 2 settings for brake and throttle sensitivity at 50,but i get rid of the deadzones on the pedals, in rfactor 2 my sensitivity for steering is knocked down to 50 and the same for brakes and throttle, Im not sure if its a bug but any higher than 50 feels way too OTT in rfactor 2 for me and my driving style

11. CrimsonEminence

Steering sensitivity and throttle/brake sensitivity is linear at 50 in the Madness engine, btw...So with 100 steering sensitivity, you use a degressive curve.

In the new UI of rF2, the sensitivity of 100% is the most linear, but you can go up to 200%, which makes it degressive in curve. Maybe you are still using the old UI and there it's still 0-100%? Because then also there 50 would be the most linear setting. I can't remember anymore, if it was the case, but in the ISImotor and offspring sims, you always target the "half" of the adjustable value, to get a linear controller axis. Throttle mapping in rF2 is pretty sensitive to begin with, though...

The "use the half of the slider thing" is something, i know from the ISImotor foundation (which even the Madness Engine came from) since F1 Challenge 99-02 and afaik, it hasn't changed until today.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have my ABC, TC etc... mapped to buttons on my wheel....not sure what is the issue you are talking about...

13. CrimsonEminence

You can usually choose between more presets than high/low/off in these modern cars. The "real" adjustment of the cars TC/ABS/Mix -preset is the percentage in the setup. Or can you tell for sure, how much the difference between high and low is in context to the percentages? Also i don't think, that you have mapped a boost controller or engine map button, because AMS2 doesn't feature this buttonmap.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Those are the silly driving aids. People want the garage set-up (%) adjustments to be easily adjustable in-cockpit the way ARBs are.

The problem is to make it available for cars that actually have those adjustments when authentic aids is selected, but not for those that do not.

Same issue for pit speed limiter. As a temporary stop-gap, all cars have a working limiter. I think most would prefer the same situation for ABS and TC. Allow it for all cars in the meantime and make it more authentic later ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. sk8

sk8 Member

AMS2 is my favourite sim currently. I was only asking if the gt3 cup cars have adjustable suspension or not. I can't change any settings apart from arb and bump stop. I did reset to defaults. I only wanted to know if it's bugged or how it's meant to be. GT3 R seems great. Cayman is maybe a bit floaty. However, I'll be willing to bet these cars will change substantially over the months to come. For example, formula vintage were pigs to drive in the early days compared to the masterpieces they've become. Reiza quite obviously know their stuff and what they want to create. To the dislikers that I don't see on the leaderboards, sorry I touched you where it hurts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. bigpig

bigpig New Member

One issue I see still persist is the super bouncy car response whenever it goes off track. Tested it with latest version and Porsche GT3. I know I am not supposed to go off track, but when ever it happens, it is just dance like crazy. Hopefully it get fixed soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for your hard work Reiza!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I was wondering about this the other night , if set to authentic in the menu does this still allow changes on the fly with the preset buttons ? Then also if you have say TC set to low does this then impact the in car percentage controls ?
    Loving this sim more and more btw .

19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I think in 2020 every proper SIM should have those modelled and working per car.
    Those "aids" are so arcadish and immersion breaking that I hope Reiza will fix that soon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

After the update none of the cars ingame steering wheels seems to align with my real one, never had that problem before.

Any idea on how to fix that?