1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

You're right, but that would likely only work for this update. For the next update it might be different.

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What did you experience?

3. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

A desire for YT views, I imagine. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Agree. Reasonable attitude.
    Hehe I allways have a good (friendly :p) laugh after every update - when I read the mandatory "advices" of delete almost everything in the Documents folder.
    Or another mandatory: Delete allyour setups and start all over from scratch :rolleyes:
    I have never (NEVER:)) followed this non-sense (friendly again :p) - but from time to time I have tried to select one of my favorite setups and after resetting this single setup(!) to default I have input´ed the values again from the favorite.
    And guess what. The laptimes of the 2 setups was allways about the same.

ByTheWay: If there was a difference in laptimes then it was almost allways the old orig setup that was fastest. :p:p

5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Couple of problems with TC and ABS and brakes not working properly, TC seems kinda solved now after re-install. More detail in the vid, but thats it in a nutshell.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

why put the Ginetta G55 into GT4?
    isnt it a Supercup car (no TC/ABS)?
    car info page says TC/ABS and on track there is N/A on both... (on authentic!)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Haha! Yeah who does, well just for you mate ive made a real effort, made the follow up with your disdain for my attire (or lack there of) paramount in my mind, and you don't have to watch it for 15 mins, your bits right at the start, hope you appreciate the effort! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if anyone else has experienced it but I feel the AI has regressed at Nurburgring GP. I raced the BMW in GT3 class and just got battered from pillar to post. The AI were seeming to stick to lines and God help you if you were on that line!

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Hmm, thats not such good news, will give them a try tonight, not had any time for A.I. race tonight so you've just sorted out rest of my evening, cheers!

10. Tarmac Terrorist

WHAT AN EVENING! He says, two and a half hours later! AWSOME JOB REIZA!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you very much!

Please fix the P1 G58 RR setup camber range & steps when you have a chance.. :)

12. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great patch as usual, thanks very much guys.

Visually the AI are a real treat now, the erratic weaving is basically completely gone and they drive and behave very believably. However, concerning:
    • GT3, Porsche Cup, P4, P3, P2, F3 callibration pass
    As far as I can tell the AI for the P4 are still pretty wildly out of adjustment. The MRX is 20km faster than the player (MRX on default setup) and the MCR AI. At 95% difficulty the MRX AI are 4-5 sec / lap faster than the player and MCR at Oulton for instance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Thanks for the awesome update. One quick thing to bring to your attention is that the new BMW GT3 engine volume is crazy loud when it’s a AI car.
    Racing GT3 in VR, when AI is a BMW and I’m in the Merc, I can’t hear the Merc engine or screaming revs because the AI BMW engine volume is so loud next to me. I’m not exaggerating here, I honestly can’t hear the Merc at all and have to look at rev lights to know when to change gear.
    Opponent engine volume is set to the same level I’ve had since day one and no issues with other AI cars, only the BMW GT3 car.
    I’m racing Nurburgring with the faster final chicane layout in VR if this helps to locate the problem.
    Thank you for yet more improvements with the AI, it’s lovely to see them drive smoothly and really adds to the enjoyment and immersion!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Here it is! As promised, folloing up Bazza's suggestion (from RD forum) and for those of you wondering what the A.I. are like beside you, and also as F1Aussie suggested at Nurburg GP!

I get two wide, I get Three wide!
    Taken several hours to get the sound levels and stuff sorted out and have managed to make the sound a little better in general. (not the best recording equipment but adequate hopefully)

And I managed to get it all working in VR! Thought VR would be best to show what the A.I. are like beside you, as I can look around. Took alot of adjustment to get the FOV scaled down to a decent level that would work on 16.9 displays.

Anyway, this is it, Litterally one of the best offline experience's i've ever had!

Cheers F1Aussie!

Cheers Reiza!

Loving every moment!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This showed lots of great moves by the AI. It also showed one of the long-standing issues is still very much present: the AI give-up and fall back as soon as you pass them. Hopefully that gets fixed in the next update.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah the new AI is awesome. Good job Reiza. :D

• Like Like x 3
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah, well! I've noticed something with that, apart from the fact that they do do that a bit, there's also a bit of an illusion of it being much worse than it is, discovered it first time i used look behind button. You see the virtual mirror makes cars behind look v far away, the actual car mirrors do it to but not to the same extent. I had a car behind me which in the mirror looked like it was about 80 ft away, pressed the look behind button only to see it was more like 25 ft off my back bumper, so its not all that bad! To be honest, there are areas in w2hich the A.I. are surpassing Rfactor 2 A.I. vastly (another fav of mine), however one place where Rfactor out shines AMS2 is attack from the rear.... [Insert inuendo here]
    Over all though, its all coming together v nicely!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Interestingly, that was a feature in the original rFactor and GTR2 games; you were able to tune it out (at least in GTR2) because it was a setting in the driver ability file - no idea if this is related in any way, but agree it would be good if they didn't...

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, the mirrors make it look worse than it is. However, when you are driving 1 m or less behind them and barely able to find an opportunity to pass, they should be doing the same back to you after you manage a pass.

As @Rodger Davies mentions, this is a long-standing "feature" of rF-based AI. AMS had it for the longest time, too, but Renato eventually fixed it. I have confidence he will do the same here, but the AI improvement process is a long and tedious one. You have to fix one problem at a time and be sure it is fixed and does not cause unintended effects in some series or situation before moving on to the next issue. For example, no point in having the AI aggressively pursue you at every corner and passing opportunity if they stupidly hit you most of the time coming into corners and under braking (which was happening until very recently). Or, several issues cannot be fixed until the swerving problems are excised. One step at a time. Fortunately, we get an incremental improvement at just about every update point. Unfortunately, it isn't a quick fix to get to the end point, even after months of work that has produced what we have now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Two words: Talents Files

More words: bring back the AMS AI, one of the finest on the market (even if not perfect)! Talents files are something damn good and work great.
    Tested a custom of talent files (made by myself for a custom series) and AI acted as intended so I hope to see those files back in AMS2.

• Winner Winner x 1