1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.6.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.0.6.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

BMW M6 feels really nice.. :cool:

Can we please have seat positions that save and finer cockpit camera pitch control.. How can this problem not be solved by now..?

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Coanda

Some very nice improvements on the Ai. A lot more natural in their movements..

Just an observation; compared to the AMG I noticed the M6 has a lot less scrub/slip & micro road feel coming through the wheel. Tested at the Nurburgring..

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

General Question Can you hear the Turbos?
    ref twin turbo audio level
    Car BMW M6, with hdmi audio problems last week I had very low engine audio. However the twin turbos sounded spectacular!! similar to Merc C9 and added an audio que as to power delivery.
    Now with sound back to correct normal. I hear no turbos
    If yes then what are your level settings and setup ie stereo, 3.1 5.1 7.1 , phones
    Thanks

4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I agree 100%, this is my most hoped for feature in AMS2 at this point...

...BUT be aware that this is a different game engine and doesn't necessarily work the way we've been used to in gMotor games, so I suspect there's a lot of work to be done in a) assigning specific drivers to specific cars and b) creating a 'talent files' mechanic to assign those individual talents personalities

And that's without considering the actual coding for the effects of those traits (obviously gMotor had things like time to get up to speed after a pit stop, talent with wet and dry starts, talent in different weathers, consistency, likelihood of crashing etc). If the game isn't built for this then it's no short task to implement those variables to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AI seems to be improved in some cases but in others not so much. For example trying to go outside on the second corner at Nürburgring in first lap was safe before the update, now not so much, AI do not seem to see you are there just like at the launch of the GT3/GT4 pack.
    Regarding ffb in my case after the update my custom ffb stopped working for no reason one time and the new BMW M6 GT3 ffb felt loose in the middle but after recalibrating the wheel is all good as before.
    So try recalibrating your wheel at least if you do not want to delete the AMS2 files in My Documents because there seem to be some problems with the ffb.
    Also on my wheel T300rs the custom ffb file made by NuScorpii is still better than default so if anyone wants to try it i attach it to this post.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

The random unique AI train in AMS 2 annoying me and so also I play AMS 1 in these days. In Project cars 2 there is a system of AI that in race and in qualifying is not a unique train. But I hope that at least Stock Car 2020 in AMS 2 have realistic performances in next future, maybe for Christmas... :)

7. Maser V6

I can only image that there is a very fine balance between the "added logic" and "Reduced range" and hard to achieve in short time. I had the mentioned by james train of 10 AI at The green hell online, they seemed in replay to "think about making a move then bottle out, in a possible passing place off racing line. So not an easy thing to calibrate I guess. Seems like stated bellow track/car specific as else where I have also had very good session. Since the ramming has disappeared they are pretty damned good at most tracks.:)

8. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately ramming also is not completely gone, I could say it is even worse, if you brake just a little early the AI will ram you, at leas in the GT3 cars I tested

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maser V6

Above for reference was in P1 class ai at 90/65 Dry

Just finished offline test at Nords Maximum qty ai @ 120/100 (just for ref) dry /wet /dry/ session
    No train!! only 2 incidents with ai small pile up. With full grid and dry to wet on slicks I would not expect a perfect race without incident like RL. grid was spread out and ai incident pretty realistic given conditions and level.
    Edit 1 or 2 ai did rejoin after offtrack and hit me but had that online with real also
    I would conclude from this the retro class at Nords ok at higher level but P1 subject to train effect.
    Also Thanks Rieza because I have never had so much pleasure at The green, till last 3 hours.
    Car was set up far from default with odd levels but it worked. so Thanks
    FFB was v/good with wet feedback loss of grip and during corrections./+over crest lightness

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 has now been updated to v1.0.6.1 - this is a hotfix complementing the latest release with some further improvements and fixes.

V1.0.6.1 CHANGELOG

• Revised BMW M6 setup ranges & default settings (requires car setup reset to default)
    • Further GT3/GT4 brake revisions, also for Ultima Race, Super V8, Sigma P1, Lancer Cup cars
    • Reduced brake wear rate by 25% (both carbon and steel)
    • Slightly increased downshift protection function (less overreving allowed)
    • Improved GT3/GT4 AI launch on starts
    • Reduced GT3 AI rolling resistance to better match player´s straightline speed
    • Fixed Ginetta G55 Supercup ABS range
    • Nurburgring/Nordschleife: Terrain/roads material optimization, new armcos with new more detailed meshes, new armco graffiti, resolved flickering of armco graffiti; Further improvements to shimmering issues on TV cameras of Nordschleife / 24h layouts
    • Montreal: Various minor fixes, optimization & art revisions
    • Montreal Historic: Various minor fixes, optimization & art revisions
    • Silverstone: Fixed disappearing helicopter
    • BMW M6 GT3: Added Racelogic timing display and improved alcantara material in cockpit dash

• Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No grass growing under Reiza's feet! Thanks gor for the great pace of development!! Now maybe we can get somemore button mappings to get away from the ICM ;):p:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

+100

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, good stuff, going straight in to try out. Thanks Reiza!!!!

14. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Or more sophisticated, practical ICM like in acc. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, I gots lotta buttons on my wheel n I wanna use em! ;);):p

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok can't adjust onboard TC or ABS for Ginetta, am i doing summit wrong? I am after all, quite thick!

17. Tarmac Terrorist

Well, afetr having tested, there is no difference at between the GT4 and super cup Ginetta's. Confused? What gives?

18. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Ginetta gt4 still not possible to change abs or tc in the car. any info about templates and skin creation tool?
    also no difference between ginetta Supercup and gt4, speed is the same, doesn't feel faster and doesn't go faster either

19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It´s the same car so it shouldn´t feell all that different :) 20 HP more, extra 40kg, slightly wider tires plus TC & ABS (although TC indeed is incorrectly disabled - will be enabled for next update).

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Coanda

Is there any chance your team can please fix the P1 G58 RR setup camber range & steps..? That would be appreciated as it's been like this for a while..

Nice one. In the future will we be able to cycle more information the RL has to offer..?