1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 1, 2020.

1. nemesis

nemesis Member

Are you driving with abs/traction control or something?
    If you can’t lose the backend on any cars please do share your secret you genius.
    Winning should be a breeze is it?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We will have this ugly beast ?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marquise Schumacher

Marquise Schumacher Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope we get 1988 Spa

4. Marquise Schumacher

Sir this is both a magnificent and a beautiful Creation..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Marquise Schumacher

1000% AGREED.. AMS2 is the definitive version of project cars 2 and the real Pcars 3. no disrespect to Reiza.. I LOVE what their doing.. i just hope the Multiplayer competition system is exactly like GT Sport..

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully in 2021 we go back to Brasil + Club content. :D:D

But hej, I love you Reiza. Keep it up! Nord is amazing! Only what plagues me is the weird / light FFB on GT3/4's and Cups. ​

7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes please. Favourite out of the bunch:)
    Agree its no sweet pretty faced softy!!, But bags of torque without screaming, deep sound tricky to master and best rewards. Will give the others a run for the money dry to wet dry. at x60 wow Livetrack is tip top

Agreed rl and sim

Yes indeed never spent so much time there till recently, maybe learn the turns names 1 day, when Ive learned the best lines and overtake points.
    Dam maybe have a run tonight in the "uggly beast at the green room, Pc2

8. Findict

Findict New Member

I saw you wanted feedback from league runners so here are my 2 cents.

I currently run a small international F3 league which is nearing its conclusion so there are certain aspects I noted that would significantly improve the experience of running a league for people.

1. Customizing a grid. Because this is not possible yet, I had to implement the rule that the server would under no circumstance restart because of a disconnect. Being able to reset a server and set the grid before starting a race would help tremendously.

2. Let people join even at the end of Qualy. As it stands, when people join less than 3 minutes from the end of Qualifying, they cannot join. This has led to several people not being able to join. If anything, let this be a setting.

3. In lobby adjustments. Let me change lobby settings in game while the server is running. This would make more sense in combination with:

4. Dedicated server admins in game. I suggest a list of steam IDs that are allowed to change settings once they join the server, or an admin password. This also allows more flexibility, and also allows for flexibility like letting an admin give grid penalties for instance.

5. More detailed control of the penalty system. The current one is really weird. I want to be able to disable people getting a DQ from speeding in the pitlane during qualy for instance.

It comes down to giving the admin more control, and this should be allowed because the person running the server should be trusted to make these kinds of adjustments. Along with that there is

6. League listings and discord integration. I want to be able to list my league, and let people click it to add me to discord for further inquiries. The information shown should at least be a calendar with dates, the car(s) driven and game settings.

That's the second thing that makes this game difficult for me, I think a large portion of users would love to join a sort of league but it's hard to connect with people. The chat is very limited and messages can only be way too short. I think a way for people to find our server and my league would bring people together very well.

Thank you for taking feedback!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

...or maybe is the rF2 one not realistic...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And AMS1 too? :whistle:
    I re-installed the previous game and finally made it working with full antialiasing.
    WOW! After several hours in AMS2 I forgot how good and natural it was...

There are a few cars actually better in the latest game (Camaro ACR) and some that are definitely very close now, so hopefully in the next months Reiza can do the same miracle on the new engine.

P.S.
    There are also some bad cars in AMS1 (V12, Ultima Road...), but the overall consistency is amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

You know, I love AMS1 but the on-off feeling when cars suddenly spin it's something bothered me for an extent so I am quite happy to be able to feel when the car is going to spin in AMS2 and being able to save it.
    But this doesn't mean AMS1 is more realistic than AMS2 or viceversa, just different feelings on the wheel due the different tech I suppose but I love both :)
    On the other hand I agree with you, can't wait to see the same level of consistency between the 2 titles...

12. Avoletta1977

It depends on cars.
    Some in AMS2 really shine and some are awful.
    A Cayman GT4 IMHO is terrible beyond any reasonable doubt, while the Camaro and Ginetta in the same class are great so one can't even blame the engine or the tire model (I think they are exactly the same).
    It's simply missing polish and resources...

Let's wait.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Marius H

Yeah. I love the Ginetta GT4. Just drove it. It's great. The FFB is good. However, when cornering and going further than 90% degree steering it feels weird. Like some kind of threshold with little FFB beyond that amount of degrees. Some other cars have this as well. Anyway. Merc GT3 and Ginetta GT4 do have pretty good FFB and drive lovely as well.

Currently I find the FFB and some of the behaviour of the roster all over the place. Couldn't go wrong with a polishing month. Ideally I would have less cars which means more better quality or/and easier patching, but I am not the CEO, haha.

Keep it up, Reiza. 2020 were the babysteps. 2021 going to be the best ever.

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Do you change gain and FX per car? I make massive changes , some cars feel good with the same FFB settings but others need complete spectrum changes to feel as nice. Like Porsche Cup needs FX high (75+) to feel good, and FX that high in other cats feels awful! V8SC needs 69/0/0/0 . Just a couple of examples.

Really need to be able to save this per car because it's freaking annoying AF doing these tweaks every freaking time!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Marius H

Oh no. I don't do that. It gets tiresome after a while. It's either one setting to rule them all or like you said; save per car.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Avoletta1977

Just to be clear, my judgment about good or bad cars is completely unrelated to FFB that IMHO is perfectly fine in all of them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 2ndLastJedi

But then FFB feels like pooh. It is very tiresome yes but I can't drive some cars when the FFB feels that bed.
    #SaveFFBPerCar

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

Agree FFB feels great imo but just needs adjusting on a per car basis :rolleyes:

19. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I adjust FFB Gain per car. There can be as much as a 20% margin between cars. Adjusting the Gain makes a big difference to the FFB, which is why I hope Reiza make the FFB meter more prominent and easier to understand. The per-car FFB is coming, but it has to wait in the queue.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

I think it was the Formula Reiza that I needed to set gain to 40 yet I run 80 in other cars. Same for FX, going from 0 in one car to 80 in others.
    I really hope all FFB settings will be saved per car and not just gain. Eventually at least.