1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 1, 2020.

1. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Both go too far in their own directions. AC 1 is somewhere in between the two, having slides that can be saved, but with more effort required than in AMS2. That's the standard to shoot for...except for the curb behavior. o_O

Some cars with TC in AMS2 have that kind of near-perfect handling. But if you cut off the TC completely, they're just too stable. If you cut off the TC in ACC, they have the unrealistic "on-and-off" instability similar to AMS1 and rF2. ACC also seems to have that problem, to a lesser degree, in the rain.

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. I know. But it's Reiza to decide. I tried to race with dampening and Dri off etc and with dampening at 0 and Dri -2. Somehow the cars feel better with the latter. Something is wrong with the FFB. It's something between the cars themselves, the dampening and what not.. perhaps Voodoo. I believe it's perhaps an idea leave dampening for what it is now, and overhaul the overall FFB; not too light, not too heavy. So one setting to rule them all. Or save per car. Then in the future fiddle with new FFB settings/systems/idea's.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I hope therebisn't a full overhaul (so much work considering what has changed since initial release) but just that save each setting per car , gain, FX, LFB and dampening (but I agree the dampening 0 feels best imo) because once you find the right setting per car it really does feel great.

I think the biggest problem is people don't want or know to make big changes to the FFB per car and maybe move gain and LFB a few clicks either way and think the FFB feels off, not making the big changes I feel is needed to make each car feel right.

I have no idea why such big differences are needed for some cars and for Reiza to make one setting work for all cars and all peoples preferred feel and all the different wheel bases is just too much to expect.

Hence all 4 FFB settings need to be saved per car asap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

Thanks Reiza for the effort you put into creating beautiful content

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oops i unintentionally hit dislike, sorry mate, wanted to do the opposite (i already changed it) :D
    Because:
    YES PLEASE!
    This car is already a blast in pCars2 and even sounds bloody agressive (untypical for pCars2), when you rocket it out of corners. An amazing experience and it would fit so beautifully in the raw nature of Automobilista cars!!
    Even with a gamepad this car was fun as hell :D drove it almost every day, when my wheel was in repair!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This probably/hopefully explains why the FFB feels not right for the Open wheelers anymore
    My problem is, i want to, and do try adjusting my FFB but can't find the right settings anymore.
    I join the group that wants settings by car.
    If i can save per car, I can leave the car alone with the right settings.
    Until then I will have to do it with my spreadsheet and hopefully I will find the acceptable settings for the open wheelers again

EDIT: setting the damping at 0 changed a lot

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Which open wheelers in particular?

I find the Ultimate and Reiza formula cars to need really low gain (35-40) to not be over powering my wheel base, feels like massive clipping yet the Classic G3M1 cars feel light even with 75 gain! I wonder if these old F1 cars had power steering and the modern cars are getting heavy because of downforce.

Again though , its a real mix of settings.

I was just driving the Classic G3M1 today and honestly had a blast around Adelaide. Felt brilliant. The problem is i also drove the Caterham 620R after and changed the FFB but didnt write down settings so will have to **** around again later to find those settings again!!!!!!!!
    GRRRRR!!! Frustrating!!

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You are very likely not "overpowering" your CSW v2 with AMS2, i'm pretty sure, it will be on the games signaling more likely, than you running into hardware clipping. The torque output and endured forces are so strong with this wheel already, that it would make your ride undriveable in the area, where it will run into some kind of hardware-clipping.

Some cars in AMS1, which is seen as pinnacle of FFB by many (AJR at Guapore as an example) are clipping at forces, that aren't even near the amount of steering weight and additional peaks, a CSW 2.x can produce, this will likely also be the case for AMS2 in some cases.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. SaxOhare

My favorites are the Vintage and Classic series, and specially Formula Classic Gen 3
    I feel your frustration, I have fiddled around with the settings for the GT3 and GT4 cars, now i want to go back to a setting for the Gen3 cars and lost both, i just added the extra cells to my spreadsheet for my FFB values to keep track of what I'm doing.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

@Renato Simioni , I don't run a league nor a dedicated server, but I'd like to make some suggestions to make the multiplayer better, especially on non dedicated servers (that I think are the most populated). Small things that I believe can make AMS2 multiplayer a more pleasant experience:

- More characters allowed on the server name (for example, at the moment I can't name it "F1 1991 Old Hockenheim");
    - "Auto-continue" between sessions without the invervention of the server host;
    - Drivers being allowed to join a session anytime, as a ghost if the race has already started (the lack of it is draining the multiplayer - people see they are going to wait 7, 8 minutes to drive and then disconnect; then find another server and the same thing happens);
    - "Next session", "Restart Session", "Change track" and "Change session duration" options for the server host;
    - Color on split times (for example, green: player best, purple: session best...);
    - Bigger chatbox (the current one is very small and limited);
    - Country flag near the driver name (on track and on the leaderboards).

If I'm not wrong there is a thread for the multiplayer on the beta forum. Maybe we could open a thread here too for the non beta users to give their suggestions to improve the multiplayer?

• Like Like x 4
  11. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Multiplayer Suggestions:

Once you choose a lobby name, then you're unlikely to want to change it often, so it should be remembered (I watched a GamerMuscle stream and every time he fired a server up he had to type in his usual lobby name). Ditto for the password if one is set.

I race in a league where we have one qualifying and two races, the first a 20 minute race in reverse order and the second a 50 minute race in correct order, and this is something that requires the admin to manually set the grid. This is something AMS2 needs (as has already been mentioned).

Does every server need a Join button? It seems clicking the mouse anywhere on the server does the same thing, and it makes it look cluttered. I'd prefer to click on a server I was interested in and it expands so I can see more about it, then press a separate Join button.

I'd like to filter out servers I can't join (e.g. don't show servers currently in a race, locked ones, and when you have a rating system, don't show me servers above my ability (ACC is annoying in this regard) and allow me to filter out servers beyond a certain distance below my rating too). A filter to find a server would be useful.

The number of times I see a race that looks interesting, so I click on it and find it's not as advertised is an annoyance.

A lot of what others have already suggested are relevant too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. SaxOhare

I dislike this very much, And if so let it just be a function on the dedicated servers to serve league drivers who are disconnected,
    But not on the in game lobbies

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. matheusv

matheusv New Member

I saw a lot of people speculating about the other GT1 cars
    But keep in mind that Reiza has licence of Lotus cars...

Still free to dream?
    Lotus Elise GT1 in a not so nearby future?? :whistle:
    [​IMG]

PS: Amazing dev update as aways, can't wait for GT1s!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Marius H

I like the Lotus Eleven series in AC. Specially the fast one. Lotus 3-Eleven or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Lotus Esprit GT1.............

• Like Like x 1
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are there any news about historic track pack?
    And REIZA, please, don't forget to bring back Buenos Aires!!!!

Did some laps at Nord with MB190e EVOII, there is nothing better, I'm loving it :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yes
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marius H

Looks like a modern Procar. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And I would add that there is this annoying bug whereby sometimes some cars at the end of the session are taken in control by the AI while on track but AI never returns to the pit so the player is forced to leave the session. If that happens during quali he is out of the race

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL yes... It seems someone has a special copy of the game with secret car upgrades... :D
    And then iracing and car physics in the same sentence... hmmm o_O