1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 1, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The biggest issue with the Madness engine is stated at 1:08 of this video from the same guy

• Like Like x 1
  2. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Yeah the anti aliasing is also a bleeding wound for me especially in VR. I don’t know if Reiza has anything to do with that or wait for SMS to optimize the engine (which will never happen in this manner IMO). Especially in shadows; it is obvious how bad AA is working.

3. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

What are the plans for this feature? What will differences compared to PC2? Can we improve/diminish it via offline play? Will everybody be able to see each others ratings? ...
    Maybe you can gather som feedbacks about this, since the people here are practically aware of what other sims doing in this manner and what is absent or crucial about this feature. I have not depended on this feature in any other sim except SA in acc to be able to participate in some events.

And I'm also curious about if it will be able to use past data (if saved) until it is released. I was always take care to any incident even against AI so i dont want to lose that achievements :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  4. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

Thanks for that reply. To be honest there's nothing wrong with PC2 content. With Reiza adding their expertise these models can only make the title better.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes,
    As host I changed car at last 3 mins of Q and was locked out.

6. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I don't think this is necessarily the same issue though. As long as qualifying is still on, you should be able to change cars. Joining when the race is already on its way, to me, seems like a different thing.

Personally, I don't really understand why I can or cannot you a session. Especially when the racing status is still set to Q. I mean, even if qualifying time has run out, I should still be able to join a race, right? I think it would be nice if we get a little more information on the lobby before we actually join.

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza did not provide details other than that they would make something quite different...

8. Maser V6

@Koen_Sch
    So I leave with 3,mins + plus left.

Agreed thats exactly my point.
    I change cars. With 3 mins or so left and then cannot rejoin
    Q is still in play. So I or anyone else cannot join because timer countdown starts from wrong side of Q session, before its finished)
    I would go so far as to say its akin to a bug. You should be able to join at a Qualifying session right up to the last few seconds, and not minutes before its over. You will of course correctly start race last.
    As far as I can tell. When Q if finished the timer starts to enable all drivers to clear the track (3 mins common) then when every one in hud shows finished the race will start (or its countdown if enabled)
    Seems to me its this 3 mins starts before session end. so total time you cant join is 6 mins hence the above scenario

9. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Yeah, I would say that is a bug.
    I'm not sure if Reiza intended the lobby to not be joinable when the track is being clear, but what you describe seems to weird to be intentional.

10. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The 3min before P/Q end comes from pC2. Nuff said.

11. Ettore

It's not a bug. It's intentional and it comes from PC2 that you cannot join when 3 minutes or less are remaining in the quali. Not sure what the reason could have been to do that.
    Regarding the length of time for the players to complete their laps it always changes as far as I could see. I think it depends on track length and where the last player who can complete a lap is and probably also something else, cause it's always different. Sometimes it's 90 seconds somtimes 2 minutes sometimes more. It's common to all sims to have such time although it usually does not change that much. Actually iracing does not allow to complete your lap if time expires which to me seems unreasonable.

12. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Ah ok, but still, to that seems really unintuitive. Especially if there's no indication.

13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

the overtime in qualy is similar to Formular 1. If you drive over the finish line b4 zero, you have the chance to complete the next lap. Good for the one who wants to do that, bad for the drivers who must wait. Especially at Nordschleife. ;)
    If all drivers are in the pits b4 zero, there is no overtime, afaik.
    Unfortunatel overtime does not stop, when all drivers returned to pit while overtime. This is a bug for me, or a not wanted feature.

14. Shriukan

Sounds more like what happens when the lobby bugs because when all drivers return to pits it normally does end the session in overtime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maser V6

Thanks for clarify Pc 2 inherit
    Yes, I used 3 mins as example/average. LOL Nords is well forever it seems. Be nice to have grids girls in the meantime whilst sat around. Oh sry that was back in the 80s.
    Have a nice week all

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Stephano Fountoulakis

Stephano Fountoulakis New Member

GT3, GT4 and now GT1. Love it! :cool:

There's a last wish: Group 4 :D

17. Ettore

There is a bug at times where the AI takes control of your car at session end but never returns to the pits. So the session and the player remain stuck. Only chance is to CTRL + ALT +CANC the entire sim. If that happens during quali the player is out of the race. Once he disconnects the session ends for the others and moves on to the next. It doesn't happen very often but it does happen. I experienced it on servers created with dedicated tool and not with my PC, not sure if that is true for everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Shriukan

Ah yes that bug. My bad, forgot about it. But it is usually the host who suffers from this issue, no?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ettore

Not sure it is always the host. I ha d a race where three racers suffered from it at the same time

20. Shriukan

Fair enough. To be honest I think this is an AMS2 bug as I don’t remember ever seeing it happen in pC2, however, let us hope the devs eventually find the issue and manage to fix it along with all the other netcode issues. :)