Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING. Posts that don´t observe the requirements may be moved / removed.

Please concentrate your bug reports of Automobilista on this thread. As builds are updated, old reports may be cleaned off the topic.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
    Car Used:
    Applicable Settings:
    Report:
    Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
    Car Used: Formula V12
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
    Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please refer to USER MANUAL present as a launch option from Steam If you need further assistance please post it in V1.0 troubleshooting topic or email support@reizastudios.com (please allow for up to 1 business day for a reply).

As a reference in this topic, I´ll be rating bug reports as "Agree" for issues we have managed to at least reproduce, and "Disagree" for reports that for whatever reason are deemed invalid. Don´t take it personally if I do as it´s just a way to provide feedback about your report (so you know we are aware of it).

If I don´t rate your post, it´s because we´re still investigating it. This may take time so please allow it for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

If there was a bug from Early Access Bug report topic that hasn´t been addressed, please feel free to replicate it here.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle (if not deleted altogether)

2. Tester

Tester BANNED BANNED

Track & Layout Used: N/A - not necessary
    Car Used: N/A - not necessary, applying for all Cars
    Applicable Settings: For all People who own the Logitech G29 Wheel
    Report: Logitech G29 Wheel is not proper supported causing that the Car Degree for each unique car won't get applied automatically by AMS which leads to that you need to tab out of the game everytime you want to drive a different car and change the degree everytime manually for that different car you want to drive. See: IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Problems
    Steps to reproduce: Please update Automobilista to the newest Logitech Wheel SDK. (which can be found and downloaded on the official Logitech Website.)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  3. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

1. F3 (steering wheel lights variant)
    Very old bug, and I wonder how it managed to be ommited by beta-testers: steering wheel lights do not work in T-cam view in both F3 type cars (they worked in gSCE)

2. Not so sure if it's a bug, but... I think F-Reiza and F-Extreme both deserve new-type arms (if F-V12 can't have them because it's not so modern car):
    Old arms:
    [​IMG]
    New arms:
    [​IMG]

And with the last picture comes bug report #3: V10's mirrors aren't working in T-cam view.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: FVee, FVintage, probably others (haven't observed on all the cars)
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: at very low speed tire rotation animation is not accurate - it spins too fast
    Steps to reproduce: Drive at very slow speed (sub 10kmh) and observe the tire surface spinning as if the car was moving much faster

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Mendig 2
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Mini track layout (Mendig2mini.tga) is missing
    Steps to reproduce:
    AMS_2016_08_25_23_29_04_620.jpg

6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: seemingly random
    Car Used: seemingly random
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: DynHUD "delta bar" and "Current lap" not working
    Steps to reproduce:do a Time Trial or Join Multiplayer race

Never had this issue, did a complete uninstall and new install after launch version 1, and voila.
    No way to restore the delta bar other then exit and restart the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. zAmboni

zAmboni New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Ribeiro Preto 2012
    Car Used: Stock Car V8
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: If you have a glancing blow to the walls, the car will clip into the walls and it is hard to get out. Not only that, if you get a few inches away from the walls it will suck you in!
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the car/track combo

Video:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Luca

Luca New Member

Track & Layout Used: VIR Patriot Layout
    Car Used: Stock Car
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: 2 problems : 1 - start/finish line missing 2 - the first car on the left side of pit boxes crashes into the ambulance leaving the pits
    Steps to reproduce: 1 - drive a lap on track 2 - leaving pits with first car on left side

9. Omm

Omm New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: all
    Car Used: formula vintage
    Applicable Settings:
    Report:Big fps hit in replays and stuttering, only with this mod. Curiosly, when I put tv cam as spectator during gameplay, goes smooth and good fps. Maybe the lods are too much detailed in replay.
    Steps to reproduce: Replay in all circuits with formula vintage

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Create Multiplayer Lobby (both from inside the game and Dedicated)
    Report: The Assist LCD window shows assists are on on MP servers, even though they are not allowed!
    Steps to reproduce: Create a server with no assists allowed (can be both from inside the game or from dedi tool) ! On your game config, set ABS and TC for example (can be any assist) on Low! Enter the server created. Go to the Assist LCD window amd it will show that the assists you enabled on your game is turned on, even though the server doesn't allow!
    Ps.: When you press the button, the game sends a message saying that the assist is not allowed! But, it can definitily cause confusion when you go to the Assist window and see those with lights on!
    Screen:
    20160826175029_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SirVanhan

SirVanhan New Member

Track & Layout Used: Melbourne
    Car Used: Formula 3
    Applicable Settings: Windows 10, admin priviledge, custom championship
    Report: so I'm trying to simulate an Australian Formula 3 championship. I created a new .srs called Reiza98, tweaked the tracks and some settings and went to try it. All good so far, except that on my player file I put "1" on Run Practice 1 2 and 3 and 0 on warmup. What I have is the classic rFactor weekend format with one Practice Session, Qualifying and Warmup. So it completely ignores my player settings. It kinda ignores the .srs too, as to actually set the practice lenght I had to modify the gdb file of the track (Melbourne, as I decided it should be the first of the season).

UPDATE:
    ALSO! I have TWO plr files, one under the steam folder, the other one on documents. They seem to contradict one another.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. John Lock

John Lock New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: Boxer Cup
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Getting graphics errors since update 1.0 interior.gmt on all cars, no interior when loaded
    Steps to reproduce:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Eduardo del Mango

Eduardo del Mango Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: Any, especially open wheelers, especially Formula Vintage
    Applicable Settings: Seemingly any.
    Report: Cars still floating slightly in replays.
    Steps to reproduce:

Hello! Greatly enjoying 1.0. I know this is relatively minor as it doesn't affect gameplay, but I figured it'd be worth having a note in this thread that the floating in replays issue still persists after 1.0. It's much less prominent, but still very noticeable in some cases (see screenshot), especially in open wheelers, and within that especially on the FVintage cars.

[​IMG]

Best wishes and, again, having heaps of fun with 1.0.

-Mango

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Carl

Carl New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai, Curitiba, possibly all tracks
    Car Used: V8 super car , MR18 , maybe others not tested
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: If you end a practice session and return to the main menu then return to race on the same track as before the AI are faster by between 1.5 to 2 seconds per lap in the same practice session.
    The lap times are returned to normal by shutting down game and restarting
    Steps to reproduce: As above

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dirk

Dirk Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: all
    Car Used: all
    Applicable Settings: night racing
    Report: Not sure if that's a bug or a limitation of the engine, but under the beam of the headlights the grass vanishes and you just see the dirt under it. If the sun goes down during a race you go from green pastures to red desert :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Jan Mikuž

On VX portal lobby there is no Formula Vee in the 'series' drop down menu.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The first sounds like a mod issue. The second can is normal if you alternated at any given point between running with a Windows User Account enabled (which will create your profile in MyDocs folder) or with UAC disabled / in admin mode (which will use the installation folder), or indeed if you had AMS installed before UAC support was introduced a few months ago (in which case you can delete the old profile).

Not sure if that might have been a temp issue but it shows up fine here.

Indeed, just the way the graphics engine handles it. It´s a flaw for sure, but not a fixable bug.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Jan Mikuž

Hm, it is missing when i expand the menu:

[​IMG]

p.s.: Should i clear the cookies or smth ? Or does that indicate that there are no FVee servers available at the moment (which is true atm) ?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

filters only show what is running on the lobby

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Very small issue. Copa Montana graphical ("bar chart") tachometer display does not match the numerical rpm on the same display.