1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

So let's get one thing straight lmao...
    If a car has an update, whether it's regarding, BOP/FFB/Physics/Tire model/etc, you are saying that the previous TT times/setups from older Versions of the game should be left in place.
    1. What happens when someone downloads the setup from V1 and tries to use in V3 ?
    2. What happens if the new version is slower/faster.
    3.What happens if the Physics/BOP have totally altered in the new version of the game.
    If you think that this is ok/a fair playing field then i guess you are struggling to see the point of the argument.
    And your pudding must be very poorly made lol....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think, you aren't quite realizing the point, he is trying to make...
    There are some factors, that are indeed influencing the deal.

Imagine, a car had asymmetric suspension range (like the now fixed M1 Procar, for example with damper) and you still use a setup with old ranges. It will actually decrease your ability to extract the most out of your tyre close and beyond peak grip and it could even be undriveable at the limit with older setup files.

Or what about tyres operational windows have changed and you actually now run into problems with too low pressures?

Even if a tyre just received slightly stiffer sidewalls, its point of peak grip will shift and probably require further adjustments by the suspension, to retain driveability and extracting further 2 tenths out of your laptime.

Imagine, the transmission ratio has changed and your 2nd gear is the same like your 3rd now.

So if you try to keep your positions on the leaderboards for some time, you might keep eyes and horizon open for some adaption to changes or your old setups might become an obstacle even.^^ (and downwards, setups actually can make a huge difference, upwards not as much, indeed)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Enjoying AMS2 So much I choose it for my 100 Subs celebration race, and what a race! Cheery ontop, after doing this, just got it uploaded and found Reiza has dropped another hotfix today! A.I. are even better now, just tested! Woo Hoo! (this vid made just before update)

5. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

Bathurst pre chase would be epic. Old guardrails, no sand traps, old signage.

6. BrunoB

One historic track that could be fantastic to be included would be this Silverstone 1991-93 historic version.
    That was the version where the iconic picture was taken where Mansell taxied Senna back to pits after Mansell had won the race.
    Hehe I watched the race sitting in Club corner 1st row on my plastic camping chair.
    Those were the times :p

ByTheWay: This version is the "original" historic version of Silverstone only iRacing have laser scanned.
    Fantastic for online races.:p
    Silverstone 1991-93 historic.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. CrimsonEminence

???
    The 1991 Silverstone track is included in the Silverstone track pack.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  8. BrunoB

Yeah I thought so too when I bought the Silverstone pack.
    But either Reiza have bulloc´ed the layout up or have named a more simple (and free :rolleyes: ) version 1991. Because its 2 completely different tracks.

ByTheWay: If you check iRacings laserscanned(!) version out in the video its easy to see that this is the real deal ;). I dont know where Reiza have got their version from - but iRacings version is both an other layout and qualitywise in a complete other league.:rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You realise that you are showing the 2003-09 Historic Grand Prix layout in your video, right?
    Look at Priory, Brooklands and Luffield.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You are also mistaken if you think iRacing has a laser scan of the 1991 track.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If leaderboards are not reset (like iRacing) it would be much better if the time trials would simply add 2 more columns to the list (created (using friendly date formatting [2 days, 6 months], and the sim version). That would allow to see if a car is potentially trending higher or slower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BrunoB

Lets take this first. To the best of my knowledge then the Silverstone track IRacing has been using until they updated to the latest version WAS laserscanned.:D
    And it would have been pretty easy because all the track parts of this version existed - until the latest Silverstone had to completely demolish the Abbey part.:(
    I havent googled it - hehe because Im pretty sure.:p

Conserning what version iRacing have (laserscanned :D) and used I still think its the socalled official 1991 version.
    But because I got interrested in this because of this discussion (or rather excursion of postulates) then I took the official map of Silverstone 1991 and compared it against 2 of the historic AMS2 versions.

For me it looks like the Raiza guys completely have clobbed up the Brooklands complex.:D
    Neither AMS2s 1991 or 2001 have it correct compared to the real Silverstone 1991 version.

Silverstone 1991 + AMS1991 + txt 446.jpg Silverstone 1991 + AMS2001 + text 447.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Are you sure those trackmaps are laserscanned? :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. BrunoB

I have tried to figure out which year iRacing themselves says their historic version (used in the video) is from. But have given up.

ByTheWay: Be aware it took a lot of effort to make the 2 graphical comparasment of the tracks.:D

15. BrunoB

Ofcourse I am;)

ByTheWay: On a more serious note then Im normally completely indifferent if a game track is laserscanned.
    I normally dont care - Im no snob in this area.
    But if a track divergee (spelling?) so much to what I both have seen in RL and have been accustomed to in iRacing I consider it a bit too goofy - or rather too unrealistic.;)

16. CrimsonEminence

...this is getting really ridiculous. I don't even know why i bother...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. BrunoB

OK guys - now I have figured out what my critique is all about.:D
    And I admit that I (maybe:mad: ) was abit harsh when I said that Reiza had cluttered something up.
    Because after a DEEP research (very deep) I have realised what is missing in AMS2 to be able to compete with iRacings phaantastic MP version of the absolute grandosious historic Silverstone version.

Its two parts of AMS2s Silverstone 2001(!) version that you are not allowed to drive on because of a goofy Reiza decision.:(

You can check it out in both Reizas 2001 map (inside my blue circles) and in my pictures of the 2 places you get shot if you try to use them on track (layout 2001).o_O

Because if Reiza just for a few minutes would lower their beer bottles and make a few graphic changes on their Silverstone 2001 layout then they could open these two track parts for racing.
    And voila we would have the layout version that would allow some of the best MP racing in the whole AMS2 :p:p

ByTheWay: After checking it seriously out I dont think Reizas slightly clobbed up version of the Brooklands complex is that bad :whistle: - OK guys. No bad feelings eh..?:p

Silverstone Historic 2001 AMS2 map cirkl.jpg Missing 2001 layout Abbey.jpg Missing 2001 layout club corner.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

OK, I will spill the beans, since you aren't picking up on all the cues. We have all been laughing behind your back about the ridiculous concept that iRacing's historic Silverstone is laser scanned...when laser scanning did not exist at the time. Please stop digging yourself deeper into the hole you are already in...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

Nah...i even openly rated it funny and noted the ridiculousness. :D

But being honest here...we all fall for it, we all have been there and will fall for it (at least to an amount) but: Dunning Kruger Effect

Laser scanning actually exists for a pretty decent amount of time, i think, i even read about the 60s, but laser track scanning is not an (at least) early 90s thing, indeed.

20. BrunoB

Yeah that is just so terrible.
    And all of you have been laughing?
    Oh man.
    What shall I do with myself?
    Because my whole self confidence is ofcourse based on the extremely urgent notion that nobody must ever laugh of me.
    I dont know what to do. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ByTheWay: The last thing to do would probably be taking such patronizing outpourings serious.:D

• Dislike Dislike x 1