"I can´t run Automobilista" - Official troubleshooting topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 9, 2016.

1. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

AMS1 keeps crashing to desktop when using both my Clubsport V2.5 wheelbase and WRC wheel and Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals. If I use only one of the controllers I can start driving, but if I have both activated (ie USB in computer and showing up in controller profile) then the game will crash to desktop if I push the red arrow to start driving the session. I don't have any issues with other games. Do you people know what to do? I really hope to play this game as I have justed upgraded from a Logitech G29. Thank you in advance!

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting, i remember something, don't find the post right now, i'm blind :confused:
    @Domagoj Lovric wasn't there an issue with Thrustmaster and Fanatec devices in combination, you've mentioned and is there a way around it? I actually also use a TM shifter and Fanatec wheel, so maybe also some of my issues may come from that, still?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Valerio Fagundes Tavares

Valerio Fagundes Tavares New Member

I recently purchased the bundle of Automobilista 1 Ultimate Edition + Automobilista 2, but when I try to run Automobilista 1 or Automobilista 1 Beta it does not run. It says that my system is below requirements, but bizarrely enough, It runs perfectly Automobilista 2, which requires more processing and graphical power.

I have a Razer Blade Stealth 13
    I-7 10th gen 1065G7
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design

Please advise, I am about to request a reimbursement because of all the headache it has already given me.

4. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Thanks I searched the forum and found a 'solution' to downgrade to a previous beta build of the game. Now it works again. Hopefully the devs will fix this so that I can also enjoy the latest hotfixes of the game, like probably many other players with a thrustmaster/fanatec combo.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

Yes, downgrading to 1.5.16 also solved my issues before, but unfortunately, this version doesn't feature the DLC and improvements on AI etc...

1.5.25 is the second best and stable running version for my setup with all the features, still decreased framerate, though, but no heavy screen tearing or crashes anymore and so on.

6. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Why does 1.5.25 lead to a lower framerate? I use that version.

7. CrimsonEminence

Something controller dependent. 1.5.25 is actually a version, that contains of most of the important hotfixes. When i run AMS1 in default, it's actually shown as 1.5.24, btw. so this version seems to be even newer.

8. Valerio Fagundes Tavares

Nobody from the studio is willing to help me with this issue? the exact message I have is:
    "your computer is below the minimum requirements to run automobilista. Press continue to try playing anyway." I have tried selecting advanced settings and/or enabling DynHUD. My CPU is currently processing at 3.21GHz. So, the processor should not be an issue. my computer specs are:

Razer Blade Stealth 13
    I-7 10th gen 1065G7
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design 4gb dedicated ram

upload_2020-12-15_15-37-47.png

upload_2020-12-15_15-39-14.png

Does anybody know any other form of contact with them?

9. CrimsonEminence

It was stated, that AMS1 gets another look into around the beginning of next year, if i remember correctly.

Pressing Continue also definetly doesn't work? Running it in compatibility modes, Admin mode? (also the config tool application for a try)
    @Domagoj Lovric
    Sorry for tagging, is there a problem with 10th generation i7 or the Geforce 16xx series and AMS1, by any chance? (both pretty new pieces of hardware, so...)

10. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

I did see your post earlier today but couldn't really for the life of me figure out what it is didn't really see a need to reply "hello, i am glad you asked, i have no idea what it is :) "

Now seeing your config App screenshot i think i know the reason.

You need DirectX 9.

(i'll try lookup link for you, and check if it's included in game redist folder)

EDIT.
    In steam, right click on "Automobilista" -> menu item "Manage" -> select "Browse local files"

Then look for folder ttiled "Support" .
    Then navigate to "Support\DirectX\Install" and find "DXSETUP.exe" and install it.

EDIT 2. Overlooked something as Config app reads "Dx 9" version below.
    We're back at start, i don't know what it is.

EDIT 3. I'd start looking if that card can be used with DX9 games, or something along those lines.

EDIT 4. Actual very likely cause: "GPU 0: Intel Iris Plus Graphics". That is possibly a culprit. Try disabling that GPU, or somehow set NVidia as "0", or force NVidia to detect AMS Config tool.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Valerio Fagundes Tavares

Thank you for the reply @CrimsonEminence. Pressing continue does do anything, it gives me an error sound, and the game crashes. I've tried different combinations of selecting advanced settings and enabling DynHUB.

In Nvidia Control Panel, I have also forced the GTX1650 to be the preferred CPU, but it does not get to the point where the game even starts to use the video card. I believe the problem is with the i7 processor that is 1.30-1.50GHz in nature, but on turbo settings, it gets to 3.50GHz, but the game doesn't even try to run because of that (that's my guess).

12. CrimsonEminence

Is there a way, to disable the Intel GPU in the BIOS/UEFI? If so, try this.

You could also set your minimum processor speed to a higher percentage in the windows energy/power options for a test start, maybe the game recognizes a faster running processor, even if acknowledging it as 1.3-1.5 Ghz.

It's strange, though...the foundation, this game runs on, was running on similar processing clock back then, when rF1 was around... in this period a very good Athlon XP 2500+ was clocking at around 1800 Mhz and the flagship 3200+ (or overclocked one) was at 2200 Mhz maximum, this was already high end in this old single core segment and the Athlon 64 series was just showing up on the market. It would really make me curious, if AMS1 has changed so much in this segment.

If the game doesn't support this new 10th gen Intel CPU for some reason, it might be a case for a further updated build, when Reiza takes another look at it.

13. Valerio Fagundes Tavares

Thanks for the reply @Domagoj Lovric. I suspected the DirectX 9 was not installed and got the installer earlier from Microsoft, but just to make sure I hadn't got the wrong one, I followed your suggestion and installed it from the support folder in the game.

I also forced the "ams.exe" and "ams config.exe" to run on the GeForce GTX CPU on Nvidia control panel (picture attached) and disabled the intel iris graphic card on device manager, but nothing worked. The game also never opens to even use the graphics card. I attached a picture, which you can see the graphics card activity window and it shows the AMS2 in use when I am playing it, which is never shown for AMS1 or beta versions.

My guess is that the game is recognizing the i7 Intel processor as not compatible because in the original configuration it is 1.30-1.50GHz, but on turbo settings, it gets up to 3.50GHz. Is there any way to override the processor?

Thank you.

upload_2020-12-16_9-21-33.png
    upload_2020-12-16_9-11-13.png

upload_2020-12-16_9-21-11.png

Attached Files:

14. Domagoj Lovric

@Valerio Fagundes Tavares yep CPU is what is making it do this; not clock frequency but "Class" value.
    I have forced that situation here; i get this:

upload_2020-12-16_19-10-59.png

... but selecting "Advanced settings" i am presented with usual screen:
    upload_2020-12-16_19-11-45.png

What does clicking "advanced settings" do over at your end?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Domagoj Lovric

Tested here and in fact it doesn't matter i7 is unknown cpu to the game (my ryzen is as well).
    The way game determines capability is some divisions and measuring time and some assembly operations.

There isn't a way to "override" cpu.

I can suggest these few things, to be tested in isolation each:

Test does setting "+highprio" in steam launch options change anything (this will set game to high priority).

Also test command "-fullproc" (this will limit it's running to single core, which isn't a big deal since it single treaded anyway, except inputs sampling that usually runs on separate tread).

Anyway, if you are able to set initial configuration via config file, pls do so and run game with "trace" command, check linked topic how to create trace file, it may help at least verify if cpu is really what is causing game to crash.
    Posting Trace files

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Valerio Fagundes Tavares

Thanks @Domagoj Lovric. When I select advanced settings and press continue, the game simply crashes. Attached is the trace file I generated. I also tested the +highprio and -fullproct commands and they did not work.

However, I tried a lot of different things, and to be honest, I don't know what really made it work. Among the things I tried, I turned off the processor turbo, forced the game to play on the intel graphics card instead of the GeForce. In the end, I was able to run the game for the first time and got the setup v2.0 screen, which allowed me to select the Nvidia graphics card and populate my "config.ini" file.

Before the config file had the following configurations:
    MasterPlayerFile=
    CPURating=1
    SystemRAM=0
    VideoRAM=0
    ObjDetail=1
    TexDetail=1
    VideoGUID=

After I got it to run for the first time it became like this:
    MasterPlayerFile=
    CPURating=4
    SystemRAM=2044
    VideoRAM=4064
    ObjDetail=1
    TexDetail=1
    VideoGUID=D7B71E3E-5CD1-11CF-216E-0F301BC2D635

Now, I can play the game, but I still cannot open the Configuration tool that would allow me to test different graphics settings (it crashes in the same way that the game file crashed before).

I have a Beta version for the game as well, which I was not able to make it work through the steps I took before. The only way I was able to make it work was by copying the config.ini CPU and Video configurations from the normal version of the game that I made work. However on this version, I also cannot open the configuration tool and if you could think of something I can do to try to resolve this issue, I would appreciate we continue to work on it.

Also, how do I turn off the trace=2 command? It is tracing files every time I play the sim.

Thank you

Attached Files:

17. Ignazio Pinells

Ignazio Pinells New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hallo everybody, i have the same issue explained in the post i quoted but the problem is that, previously, everythinghs worked flawlessly with the same configuration. I've been out of my sim rig for almost 2 and 1/2 yrs and this week i was able to mount againg my rig with my usual pc, but this time automobilista has shown this exact problem. I've tried the steps suggested before but without luck ( +highprio - fullproc, tried to close all programs like msi and other things, reinstalled everything) i'll try to post a trace when i'm going back home

My specs are :
    i7 4770k @4.2
    gtx 1070 @2050

18. Ignazio Pinells

Ignazio Pinells New Member AMS2 Club Member

ok here i got the trace file and a screenshot similiar to what the other user got

Attached Files:

19. Fucchie

Fucchie New Member AMS2 Club Member

With Win10 Pro x64 20H2(or 2004), the game doesn't receive mouse input on main menu. Not only click also cursor doesn't focus anywhere. So that can't choose any session, setting, series, even can't quit from game. To quit game needs to kill the prosess from task manager.
    This issue doesn't apeere on Win10 1909. It comes out only with win10 update to 20H2 or 2004, without any other changes.

20. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So is there a solution for this problem?
    I can't run AMS since a few month because CTD when changing from menu to track or sometimes when coming back from race track to menu (ESC).

I tried different thing installed d3d from the folder support and from MS. I also disabled a lot of the injected DLLs tried also some of the beta version. But nothing and I would really try the VR version.
    Attached a few trace files.

Attached Files: