1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Lots of people spotting Long Beach, very few noticing Daytona in the pic with the Cayman.

I spy:
    - Porsche 962
    - Sauber-Mercedes C9
    - Daytona
    - Long Beach

Which were all quite likely candidates seeing as they are in PCARS2.

Regarding this month, glad to see the McLaren join the party - would be great to see a Lotus and/or Panoz added in future to add a bit of depth to the class.

It's no different to if you buy something and it's available for a discount to other people later. I paid for WhatsApp and it became available for free to all users, that's not 'stealing'.

When I bought my car it came with a certain feature set - it didn't have Bluetooth connection for playing music, not did it have climate control. Two months later, Seat were offering both of those for free to purchasers of the car. They didn't take anything away from me, that's just how it works. Personally I'm glad if it gets more players to play the game.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
  2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In case you missed it, the December roadmap does mention several substantial physics improvements:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please explain this to me?

4. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was fortunate enough to see this exact car up close at the historic races during the 1999 Sebring 12 Hours weekend. The car belonged to Murray Smith who was an excellent driver...he won the race!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand resentment toward the choice of Reiza to allow more people to access DLC. Is it fair from a 100% investment perspective? Maybe not but, life is so very often not fair. Look around, that fact should be really evident.

If we want to make better investments, why not put our money into something that can really pay us back? (Because it usually involves RISK). Any resentment involved, really seems like it stems from jealously more than anything else.

I just want to see the title advance over time, I'm not interested in assigning specific values and keeping track of who gets more or less from it in the end. I'm just happy to have as many sim-title options as we enjoy right now.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Robbb74

Robbb74 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, Renato and all the workers 'behind the scene'. You guys and girls can be realy proud of yourselves, showing this determination to make your 'baby' grow and grow.

Many, many thanks!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

on Racedepartment they are going nuts over the new DLC-policy, lol.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Hence the unfortunate nickname, "RageDept". It only takes one post to start an avalanche of negativity.:mad::p:D

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Rober

Rober Member

So people really prefers GT3, F1, etc. "reiza-official" championships without iconic tracks like Spa, Silverstone or Nurburgring than give the oportunity to those without the DLCs to play? o_O
    Because Championships is a core feature of the game and having only Brazilian championships (awesome as they are) with all this cars would be stupid.

10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Look at it this way - we can either let people get a taste of the DLC tracks on a very restricted way (which is not really devaluing your purchase IMO - if you want a DLC track you´re not seriously going to pass on it because you can get to race it on round 8 of championship X, which might not even be featuring a class you enjoy), or we can avoid using them in Championship modes so not to kneecap a whole game mode for the user base at large, which would IMO hurt their value a lot more for those who own it.

If you don´t own the track you can only use it at whatever point it comes in an original single player champ (not custom ones you´ll soon be able to create). You can´t practice, Time Trial or do Single races with it if you don´t own it, and you can´t create Multiplayer sessions with it either.

• Agree Agree x 37
    • Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am all in for only Brasil & UK & Aussie gameplay. Smelling the sweat of amateur-drivers there, the ambiance, the feeling, the lesser/smaller tracks and such. I am happy for Reiza that they can put out such amazing popular stuff with eye for detail and all that. More money means more quality. If they don't get EA/Actiblizz/Ubisoft feelings, tho haha. I don't like the jack of all trades-mantra, but I am not the CEO. As a user I am satisfied. The FFB and everything is topnotch. Only bit lacking on the sim-features, like towing, able to see fuel usage, etc and QoL, but they will get there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

upload_2020-12-29_20-54-57.jpeg

13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

+1 :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And we Brazilians here at all ... do not fix the deficient stock car 2020, without a new sprint race ...

15. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

When I bought into the Early Backer program, I made that decision based on what I personally would get for my money. So far I have gotten what I paid for, if not more, and I am very happy with my purchase :)

What others have to pay - or not pay - now a year later isn't really my concern, and I don't feel like it devalues my purchase in any way. It if brings more people into AMS2, and subsequently allows Reiza to expand the game even more, that is great.

• Like Like x 25
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Great roadmap and great decisions about DLC moving forward, a few may be short sighted but it really is for the benefit of most users and team.

Long Beach, Daytona, Group C, more weather related improvements and Sebring (wishful thinking) 2021 really is looking like making us forget 2020 and fast.

How can we get more liveries in the series with only one or two per car? Like the Chevelle and Lotus 23? They need a little love too. Having only a few liveries used to mean the car was very early along in development, does this still apply?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Great roadmap actually. I really like the ffb per car implementation (i was looking 4 it for a long time now..).

I really hope for camera improvements too (dash cam not saving its position and you constantly have to re-calibrate it) but i am not sure we are going to have it in this (or the next) update as i suspect it is more of a core problem as this quirk occurred in PCars 2 too..

18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On Race Departments they go nuts over everything every time.. LOL...What's new? :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Make it +2 :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. pitkin

pitkin New Member AMS2 Club Member

As an early backer paying for the full package, I'm not bothered about the DLC going free in a limited way to others. If it helps to promote the sim and make it more popular, it has to be a good thing for all of us in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1