1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

+1
    I paid into the beta program in August 2019, short after they announced it. And had to wait about 6 months until i could enter a track the first time.
    And it was all worth it.
    Now i can look back on 10 months fun, sometimes more, sometimes less, but never felt that my investment was wrong.
    Could have waited for this winter sale and save about 40%. And i'm sure, in 3 years i could buy a super sale GotY version for arround 15€, or could download it for less from the grey zone.
    Who cares. I wanted to be in the first row :) .
    So guy's , you can allways wait and complaint, as it will be allways cheaper tomorrow than it was yesterday. It's your choice :D

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's great to see ams keep evolving, I'm not able drive it but it's so great to read the 2020 finale update and aspirations for 21.

Good luck guys and stay safe all for 2021.

Dan

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only reason that new DLC policy worries me is that it may cut the useful money stream from DLC sales as they will become somewhat devaluated and less people might choose for a "free content" model by using base game only. If they can bridge the sales gap with increased sales of the base game then fantastic - you have my sword and my axe too!

Other than that it's a great way to build up numbers online and make championships believable and realistic. If Reiza's accountants are happy with that - I'm happy too.

4. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's say you want to race at Spa in a gt3 car in a preset championship. And let's say there are 10 races in that championship and that Spa is race 5. You would have to race 4 races before you got to spa. You can skip all 4 races, but if you want changer cars you will have to start another championship.... I think Reiza is being pretty smart about dlc. Making it somehow available sl people can try it and I believe this will push dlc sales forward.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't really agree with you on that... base game users won't be able to use any DLC cars (yes, I know all the cars so far are free, but the season pass predicts DLC cars), and you will only be able to use the tracks in fixed championships, not custom ones, and in MP races if the host owns the track. If they would lock people out, a few things would happen:

- Reiza would not be able to create a championship with DLC tracks;
    - If Reiza did use DLC tracks in championships, users without the track would be unable to race them;
    - Multiplayer races, which are almost nonexistent nowadays, would almost never use DLC tracks, in order to allow most people to race. And what's the point of having great tracks if people would avoid them in order to have most users racing?

This move, if anything, will help boost multiplayer in AMS 2. Even though ratings are still missing, and Reiza, please, try to implement some scheduled races feature, SRS/iRacing style. That would be HUGE.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i do not agree.
    Project CARS 1 had the same system for online use and many people promoted the new DLC tracks right after release on their servers. And it was a good deal.
    The concept?
    You like SPA. :)
    Instantly search for SPA servers to drive it the first time. :oops:
    But OMG, why the hell all this guys are driving GT3. :confused:
    You try it once and its GREAAAAAAAT :D
    But you want try it with your favorite F-Reiza, or GT1 or LMP 1/2/3.o_O
    WTF, noones out there ?!? :mad:
    And why nobody with the 14km historic layout, or that with the bus stop.:(
    You instantly go to steam and buy.:whistle:
    THIS ! ;)

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Perfectly said.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You will be happy by New Year's Eve ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Giacomo Verlini

Giacomo Verlini OTCR Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Since the last update I've been firing AMS2 more often than before and started to truly enjoy it.
    Initially I could not picture which niche it would fill. With all recent additions it is clear that the variety of cars and tracks will make it a real contender to the big boys league.
    Today I tested the VR after long time since I moved to triples and wow, it works wonders with this sim. Day to night transitions are just amazing, the ffb and sound department have really improved.
    Can't wait to test the GT1 at Spa!
    Pretty soon we will launch a dedicated league.
    Keep up this pace, it is shaping into a masterpiece

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

Staying optimistic about this game? SURE, but there is still a lot to do for Reiza. Beside the physics. For me the "SOUND" please. Still far from R3E's quality.

And the rain effect on wind screen shield, look at the new effects on AC CM. The back flame still look UGLY. And finally the cam behavior in 3rd person view must be updated.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Sound is definitely on the improvement, reading Remato's post he stated big things coming on the weather front so I'm hopeful seeing as Ilja is on the AMS2 credits we have something exciting coming and the 3rd person cam, nah sorry lost me there :confused::p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

Sure mate, it is a sim. should not mention 3rd cam view at all. lol.
    But sometimes i want to play it from outside perspective and enjoying the beauty of the car and all the scenery of the track from a wider angle. Because if we could have this in a sim racing title i will never go back to game like forza or nfs... It will be an authentic physics driving experience from 3rd cam view. And a complete game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. B Stu

B Stu Member

CodeMunchers pissed me off with restricted access to dlc for non owners. Reason: All dlc tracks will have to be downloaded and reside on disk, even for non owners. I assume that's how it would work?

15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would assume it would be similar to iracing: content (like cars) is in your drive but not enabled for use, or rather enabled only for limited use.

16. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A nice way to end the year on a high.. An exceptional year of work that is very much appreciated. Thank you! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

All game data is already downloaded whether you own the dlc or not. So nothing new. Nothing changes.

18. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wonder which track that is where the Cayman is running...?

19. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It looks like Daytona to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is what I guess too :)

• Like Like x 1