1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Wow, I had a different experience w the gt1 merc at suzuka..tail end was swinging around pretty good. Had a good start but the porches started all passing me. Maybe its just the Porsche, Cruz the merc felt loose enough. Default setup. BTW never knew 90s gt1s had tc. But I've only driven them in gtr2.

2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Man I think you must have done something with your TC like last time. Check out if in your driving aids after the deletion of you documents folder you are not having TC HIGH on or you have set again TC=0 (or very low values) in the garage
    I've been driving GT1s at Nurburgring tonight on the public release and in the last right hander of the Arena I spun at least 3 times in 2nd gear with the Porsche and the baseline setup.
    As we speak there are streamers driving them (e.g. one just finished a Bathurst race) and they are definitely countersteering a lot under power...
    Not to speak about the oversteering that finally appears when off throttle...
    Something must be wrong at your end...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hangon

Hangon New Member

Well that really sucks!! I want to but spa but can not....damn steam :(

4. Hangon

Hangon New Member

Well that really sucks!! I want to but spa but can not....damn steam :(

5. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I deleted my whole ams2 folder, and everything else is perfect, but a few of the cars just have crazy grip. I'm just going to assume some grip value was messed up in the coding with the update. In the beta the 911 cup car felt wild and fun. Now I have tc at its minimum (91% slip), all aids off, and I can not get it to break free at all. I'm flooring it mid turn and it just sticks without the slightest slide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ettore

Canceled

7. Ayrton

8. Ayrton

sorry not sure why it triple posted and I cant delete them

9. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

the Gt1 cars seem to have bad brake bias with default setup, locking of rears heaps unless you move it forward.
    Also the F1 GTR has no visible tire smoke in rear vision mirror. when doing donuts. but is in replay.

10. Ettore

The car feels the same here... Like I said I can spin it easily in 2nd gear out of slow corners

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

site running very slow it seems

12. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

They definitely have grip, I'd say due to the soft slicks they have in the game. But I found if you really start pushing them to their limits, they'll definitely get sketchy on you. What track and lap times are you guys getting with them?

13. Ettore

I was on 1:53:5 at Nurburgring GP (tight chicane) on dry overcast track with baseline.

@Ayrton check also if you have set your wheel sensitivity a bit too low and maybe that could cause very slow steering input?

@Kuku Maddog I think the problem there is that there seems to be a lot of engine inertia. My guess is Reiza may lower it in the future as happened for some other cars too after release. You need to downshift very very late in the braking

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ayrton

Alas no, the steering is correct, and a lot of the other cars drive just fine.
    Here's an example in the 911 GT3. TC turned to a minimum (91% slip). All other aids are off. Midway through the turn, while in 2nd, I floor it. Sorry the wheel isn't on, but I keep it steady to the right. Instead of oversteering in to a spin like it should, and used to, it just keeps full grip and understeers into the gravel like a FWD car might.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AndrewMigL

AndrewMigL New Member AMS2 Club Member

Test Day
    SPA
    Stock Car 2019
    Gain = 70
    LFB = 40
    Effects = 50
    Damping = 0
    Car specific ffb = 75
    Deleted AMS2 from document - new profile

Did a few laps at Spa, everything felt fine - returned to pits and exited to main screen. Jumped in Suzuka with the same car and FFB went light (as in almost gone). Felt like just half of the usual weight of the feedback with some resistance when turning but no contact with the road surface.
    Switched to custom ffb (felt even lighter) and back to default with same result
    tried Silverstone with same result.
    Tried GT4 Ginnetta on same tracks with same result
    Restarted AMS 2 with same result
    Restarted PC......same result light FFB

Jumped into AMS1 and my wheel is fine

Will shut down and unplug wheel, test and update tomorrow

Once my FFB went light I was able to just thrash around the Stock car 2019 like Ayrton is experiencing, full throttle in corners, ridiculous swerving etc. without breaking traction or spinning out or whatever and it just felt floaty like I've seen some people describe their AMS2 experience but I can only do this because of this FFB anomaly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As per Sim Racing Studio's instructions, you must have the UDP frequency to OFF if I remember correctly. Open the app, click on the games configuration to see what I mean...

17. karloy

karloy New Member

Worked after trying 2h later again. Not sure what it was. Great update!

18. Ayrton

My ffb never went light, it's remained extremely detailed. Loving the feedback.

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The per car FFB doesn't appear to be working, the live read out is showing the change but there is no change in the FFB strength nor is the telemetry HUD showing the gain move! Even with global at 69 and changing the live per car to 110% it stays at 69 and even the in pit FFB change leaves the global at 69 and no strength change.
    So far only tested the main release as previous to this update the "notformedia" per car worked as intended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Regarding Spa unavailability for standalone purchase, its just one of those things unfortunately.. We need to wait for Steam to sort it out. Apologies for the inconvenience, we will report as soon as it gets sorted.

Track can still be acquired via Season Pass or Premium Track Pack for those who may lean in that direction.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  21. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

The Mercedes GT1 seems to have the physics almost perfected. Most of the time it'll spin when it should, and not spin when it shouldn't.

It should be considered the new benchmark for all the other cars.

One thing I did notice was that it rams itself against garage exit at Donington, especially after coming back from the track. :eek:

22. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Also, does anyone know if the real GT1s had automatic throttle blip and cut? They do in the game. They also have downshift protection.

23. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

What do you mean by the live readout? I change the car FFB Gain and the HUD shows the exact same values as in the general controller settings and never changes. It certainly doesn't seem to have any effect in the actual car for me either.