1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Diho Hofman

Diho Hofman New Member

when whe can buy on steam pls. i needed this track pls

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, SPA is not available for purchase on Steam yet. It would be interesting to get info what’s the exact problem because it was the same with Nurburgring DLC. I had/have such problems only with AMS2 so far...

3. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Sooo weird the different experience people are having !

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dirk

Dirk Member AMS2 Club Member

The FFB Gain buttons don't seem to do anything for me. Also, while we're at it, could you please change it that I can HOLD those buttons instead of pressing them 20 times if I want to increase FFB by 20%? Seriously abysmal UI design there folks :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

From Beta Wolfgang Herold said:
    FFB per assigned buttons does change the value but not the feel while driving.
    You must leave the session and after return the changed value is active.
    A Bug!

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Dirk

Dirk Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks. I hope that's really a bug and not working as designed, that would be an incredible cumbersome way to go about it.

8. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

*WTF* is this?
    Ginetta G55 on Spa.
    First had light rain, Car has no TC/ABS.
    unable to spin whatever you do above second gear.
    ok lets take thunderstorm: same. *WTF*???
    one side of the car on the wet grass? no problem. floor the pedal, nothing will happen.
    even on the wet curbs. nothing...
    and when you get something like a oversteer reaction just release the gas for a short moment and the car will self centering and here you go.
    and no i dont use driving aids...

9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

It is I agree.
    I just tested at spa gt1 Porsche and Merc beta and main.
    Merc feels much as before can be overcooked, drifted, corrected.
    Porsche few miles in this but sure as hell sticks to road, easier to drive without loosing it, much less exciting than Merc even when lowering rr wing, can be spun out and overcooked pushed hard. assist off and adjusted. levels dont seem to make much difference but had this before and did a test week ago to confirm abs when correctly activated can be felt in steering at various level of vibrations and tc also
    In online yesterday session settings all off and several players span out I saw from pit after retire.
    Early days in this build and more feedback should enlighten.
    BTW Happy new year all

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

a function with button assignments not reacting immediatly doesn't make sense.
    So for me it's a bug.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. DrKarotte

DrKarotte New Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. Why having to press a button during the drive when nothing happens? If you have to return to the garage the FFB multiplier should be an option in the setup menu. See RaceRoom, there you can adjust it in the setup, and additionally change it on the fly, with immediate effect.
    Apart from that, it is like the seat adjustment had been, you have to press the button again and again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

It is but you still have to leave the session before it's applied.

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do we apply the per car camera settings? When you go to the in game pause menu and select the camera options won't that make global changes and not per car changes?

14. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I believe it auto-saves the seat positions but before it was limited to 20 cars, it's now been increased to 100.

15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This doesnt solve whatever the problem is it that you and others may be experiencing, but GT1 physics didnt change at all from v1.0.8.1 to v1.0.9.9 to v1.1.0.0, nor did it in fact for most other cars other than the formula cars (as per v1.0.9.9 release notes youll find in the Beta forum). Something else seems to be amiss.

We are keeping an eye out to try figure out whats going on there for you and a couple of other users, but you may write off physics changes as the source of it .

Yes, with the additional problem of adjustments for cars once exceeding 20 cars would remain for unrelated cars.

Regarding the FFB adjustments not applying until a session restart, its most certainly not the intended functionality. We are looking into it :)

The continuing unavailability of Spa for standalone purchase unfortunately is the one issue we cant do much other than wait for Steam support and count on everyone’s patience there.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 7
  16. nemesis

nemesis Member

I’m having the opposite effect mate struggling to get the power layed down out of the slow corners breaks grip too much a ton of snap oversteer out of corners.
    I don’t think I’ve ever spun a car so much as of yet in ams2 I had to tip toe around track

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Is it possible to preset each car's default FFB Gain to whatever has been set globally in the FFB settings? At the moment every car defaults to 100% despite what has been set globally which means every car now requires to be adjusted whereas in reality, for me personally, there was only some cars that required adjustment from what I had set in FFB settings.
    If that makes sense :D

EDIT: OK, so now I understand how it works, the percentage of gain in each car's setup is a percentage of whatever FFB Gain has been set globally.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. F1Aussie

So I make a change for a particular car in the camera section and if I go to a different car it won't have those camera settings?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

This doesn't apply to the camera section in settings, only for seat position adjustment when in the car.

20. F1Aussie

Ha, yeah, just worked it out. Is there a way to set the seat adjustments back to default if you don't like what you changed to?
    I noticed some you can just put back to zero but the angle ones don't show what they change to.