1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. lensman45

lensman45 Member

To be clear. in game ss has no effect. Try this - set it to the max in game (2.0). Reboot the game and you'll find it reverts to minimum (1.0)

2. cezar

cezar BANNED BANNED

VR World Scale :: Automobilista 2 General Discussions

https:// steamcommunity. com/app/ 1066890/discussions/0/ 2137462524941325811/
    "There may be 2 different problems : some car models have too big or too small steering wheel. Maybe the game is not taking into account the eye separation IPD of your VR (either IPD from the physical adjustment or the sofware adjustment of your HMD). Personally I think that some models have improper scale : super big tires, super big steering, super small steering, super small tires. This does not apply to all cars, 50% of them are fine. This is also a problem with other non-vr title that became VR and have not updated their model."

Once again I come to ask the developers to look carefully at the scale problem in some cars. As the boy talks about the topic at Stea, some are big, some small, some big steering wheels, some tiny. I already talked about it here, on the Facebook page and no feedback was given. The only (unsatisfactory) answer is that the cars are modeled in 3D with the real scale and that this is impossible to happen. But reading several reports is time to do something about it. And it's not just adjusting the IPD in the documents, it's a problem of modeling or size of some cars in the VR, if you adjust the IPD, what was small will get even smaller.

3. Cruiser

Cruiser New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys,
    I'm doing my first steps in VR Sim Racing and racing in non-VR is impossible now.
    Currently I havea AMD Ryzen 7 2070X, Nvidia 2060Super (8GB) and a HP Reverb G2.
    Unfortunately I have to decrease resolution to get it run smoothly in VR, so I am thinking of upgrading my GPU to a RTX3080 or RX6080XT once their are available and prices are a little bit less. Is their a recommendation to use either AMD or Nvidia if it comes to VR? I just read that VR is needing a lot of RAM, so I thought I am more safe with AMD, but some said that the driver support of VR is better with Nvidia. Anyone that can share experiences and recommendations as I have not found any specific VR tests for the new GPUs?
    Thanks for your support and a happy new year.

4. psone

psone Guest

@Cruiser it would seem that currently the 3080 performs better at higher resolutions/ in VR than the 6800xt although at 1080p and 1440p the 6800xt is the faster card. Maybe things will improve for the 6800xt as drivers mature, but there's no guarentee of that. Also the extra vram available to the 6800xt may be of benefit in the future but at the moment its not a limiting factor.

So yeah the 3080 is the better choice between the two right now it seems. With either you'll likely still be turning down some settings but not nearly to the same extent you have to currently. Both are a big jump up.

A comparison between the two.
    VR Wars: The RX 6800 XT vs. the RTX 3080 - 15 games benchmarked

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chequers

Chequers New Member

It doesn't here, still stays at 1.4 where I set it, this is with a Quest 2 started in Oculus mode

This is from graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml (Oculus mode)

<prop name="GraphicsLevel" graphicslevel="4" />
    <prop name="SuperSampling" supersampling="0" />
    <prop name="LowSuperSampling" lowsupersampling="0" />
    <prop name="VRSuperSampling" vrsupersampling="4" />

This is from graphicsconfigdx11.xml (steamVR)

<prop name="GraphicsLevel" graphicslevel="4" />
    <prop name="SuperSampling" supersampling="0" />
    <prop name="LowSuperSampling" lowsupersampling="0" />
    <prop name="VRSuperSampling" vrsupersampling="1" />

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  6. lensman45

lensman45 Member

This is really weird. I checked, set to 1.4 ss, closed game, rebooted and the setting was back at 1.0 ss. I checked the ini files and all VR references were at 0. Did the same thing two more times and on the second time it stayed at 1.4ss !
    Thanks for the observation, still puzzled why it didn't work for me before.
    I'm back to 0 ss though 'cos i set my render resolution with the Oculus app.
    Cheers :)

7. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Remember me lol. Should I change any of values above to “0” as my settings are same as what chequers posted

thanks

8. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Ah yes lol.
    Your rig is not a million miles from the specification of mine, so for what it's worth here are my full settings. These give me a solid 72fps and nicely detailed display.
    Quest 2 PC app settings. 72hz resolution 5136 x 2608 (1.2x) official Link Cable
    Nvidia Control Panel. Power Management - Prefer maximum performance
    AMS2
    No super sampling
    Aniso 2x - MSAA Medium - Reflections High - Enviro Low - Car detail High - Track detail High - Pit Crew Player only - Shadows Low - Mirror No - Particle effects low - Motion blur Off - Rendered frames 1
    Sharpening in INI file at 1.600000

9. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

When you say AMS2 no super sampling what do you mean and where is this setting?

thanks for replying
    Baz

10. lensman45

lensman45 Member

In the AMS2 'VR' settings menu
    Options/Virtual Reality, there is a slider that goes from 1.0 to 2.0
    I have it at 1.0 (no ss)
    Dave

11. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

12. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

How come anisotropic filtering only at 2x?

13. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

One final thing...... how do I get a fps checker so I can see it when playing?

Thanks in advance
    Baz

14. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Hey guys, I am using a G29 with a Rift S. When I am adjusting something like fuel levels in VR, I use the "X" button on my G29 to adjust it, but I have to make an individual click for every litre of fuel. When using a mouse out of VR, you can just hold the mouse down and the litres will go up or down quickly. Has anyone figured out a way to do this with a steering wheel without having to individually click each increment? This is the same for any other items that require multiple levels of adjustment ie: tire pressures etc

15. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Didn't really need it any higher with the high resolution of the Quest display. Putting it higher just softened the image and was just extra load on the GPU.

16. lensman45

lensman45 Member

I use the Oculus Tray Tool to monitor performance when setting up my games. I don't have an FPS display running once I've tweaked the game to my satisfaction. If it looks good, I'm happy :)
    It's also useful for disabling ASW.
    Oculus TrayTool download v0.86.4.0

17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are there many trackside-replay-cams missing in VR or is problem on my side?
    In Interlagos for example I only see trackside cam from the start-finish-area but it doesn’t switch to other locations to follow the cars...
    Also the depth of field effect is very annoying in VR making almost the whole replay very blurry. Is there a trick to turn this off (in an ini-file maybe?)?

18. week

week New Member

It's possible to disable the "intelligent mirror"? I mean the effect of changing the mirroring angle depending on your position. I have disabled the "enhanced mirror" option, but it seems to have no effect at all.

19. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I don't think you can turn that off. Enhanced mirror just means to have much more detail shown in the mirror, such as a highly increased view distance and more objects.

20. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Can you post your settings for rift s please?

many thanks in advance
    Baz