1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with Kuku Maddog regarding the LFG center boost. You can see above I only needed 0.006 in the (balance_scale when running about 55 LFB on the G920.

3. Karsten Hvidberg

@Renato Simioni

Hi Renato,

Is there any chance a few values can make their way to the custom ffb file so we can make it fit all cars more precisely?

Something for things like:
    * Weight
    * Tyre types/lateral grip max force
    * Downforce capabilities
    ?

Right now the model cannot fit all car types equally well at the same time.

Really would appreciate any feedback on this :)

Best,

-K

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. TheNormalOne

TheNormalOne New Member

Thanks, downloading v.34 dont work, i will modify v.36 with the values that Karsten recommend and give feedback about this later.
    My ingame FFB settings for now v.26 low end
    Gain 49
    FFX 98
    LFB 10
    too much gain let me loose feeling for effects, think its hardware-related, a g27 is not really a high end product. It is also noticeable that with some settings, the housing in the motor area gets warm after a very short time. I do not want to risk a defect.

5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Haven’t had a g29 for along time now, and never with these files.
    FX near 100 is pretty high, maybe inducing some clipping ?
    I’d suggest trying mid file as well and trying upping lfb to see if it fills the dead zone a bit and gives some more details. A lot of g29/27 users have quite high gain due to lower power of wheel, but like I said I can’t tell what they feel Ike now.

6. Karsten Hvidberg

@TheNormalOne & @Kuku Maddog

The settings will also hugely depend on the cars driven.
    The file currently works very well with many of them, but not all. Working on that, but it is also why any information or cooperation from @Renato Simioni / Reiza would be hugely helpful.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. TheNormalOne

TheNormalOne New Member

I've tried a few things and it looks to me like high gain makes the subtleties that FX provide disappear. I use relatively low gain and LFB and high FX values. When I drive Hockenheim a long straight with the M3 or even M1, I can also feel the bumps that are graphically visible. It doesn't feel like clipping to me. This also works on the straight because the deadzone is relatively small. When I choose high gain and lower FX it is as if I am floating over the straight, even though the graphics show me that there are bumps.
    In my opinion, many Logitech owners drive settings that exceed the capabilities of their steering wheels. If you think back to the early days of AMS2, I'm pretty happy with the FFB right now, but there's always room for improvement, especially when it comes to the inconsistency of the FFB between different vehicles.
    What is done in this thread makes the game really good for me, keep it up.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 2
  8. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

It seems this is far more below in the priority list for Reiza. But thinking in the other side with this AMS2 can capture the FFB flag from rf2; which is a huge step without done a lot of work.

9. Not_DrRyan

Not_DrRyan New Member

That is probably true! The Logitech wheels are only capable of so much. However, this does not mean that the FFB can not be brought up to par with the FFB in RF2, RaceRoom, iRacing, etc for our wheel, which all feel better out of the box (for me). I think these custom files have the potential to do so. I'll keep tinkering and let you know what I settle on. I am using a G29 with @Peter Stefani 's settings right now and I am pretty happy!

• Like Like x 1
  10. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I've been following the same advice and have my T500 control panel gain set to 60

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

If it does not feel as good to you as those on your wheel base, then I think the adjustments have some ways to go in your case.
    From a real-feeling perspective, on my DD wheel base, only rf2 has an edge in certain ways & this file has an edge in other ways. But the others don't really come close.

Of course the file is hugely adjusted to how a few individuals as well as I prefer it, so that might be part of the explanation :) (From how a feeling point of view only, not the actual game physics).

I do think the low file settings need tweaking for the g-series, also this was posted by @TheNormalOne earlier: Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations
    Unfortunately I am unable to adjust to the g-series myself, so can only put in the low file what you guys tells me should go there :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

I agree, they prob. would much rather fix the underlying physics issues, which makes a lot of sense. It might be the case those can be fixed soon and then no need for them to care much about this work here.
    If so, that would be good to know for us as well, just some kind of notice to some of us would be nice :)
    On the other hand, if the physics fixes will take a long time, Reiza would benefit from simply helping us make the file the best it can be & then take it & use as Default or another Default, so they could keep on working 99% on the physics instead.
    That is where the real battle lies, as far as I am concerned, but meanwhile no need to not have as good FFB as possible, specially when it comes for free.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

@Not_DrRyan

I would be happy to make some changes in the file to see if we can cater better for G-series, can you describe which car & which sensation are not so good?

14. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

Hey Karsten , Good job on the custom file mate ,,,

I was just wondering if i want to add slightly more engine vibes or maybe road feel on the tyres what would i need to adjust in the custom file ?

cheers dude.

15. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Steve,

There are values in there:
    (engine_scale_at_still 0.7)
    (engine_scale_at_speed 0.0)

so you simply adjust those up, if you want more.
    Road feel on tyres is mostly:
    (track_bump_scale 0.2)
    and
    (details_scale 0.4)

-K

• Like Like x 1
  16. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

Cheers Karsten i'll have a play with those laters .

17. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Tested 'The King' both version .36 and .37, and they feel very good on most cars, but the Formula Ultimate is downright scary :|
    It feels like if I let go of the wheel just for a split second it's going to shake itself to death...

Could anyone else with a Fanatec DD1 or DD2 please take the Formula Ultimate for a spin at Spa and tell my what they think?

My settings are:
    In game: Gain 30, LFB 3, FX 50, Damping 50-100 (doesn't seem to make much difference)
    Fanalab: FF 75%, Damper/Friction/Inertia all at 0%, FEI 70.

18. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Karsten, Your new .37 king release fixed the T500 grainy bump FX issue in the MidLevel file
    and feels great!

I'm finding that I prefer the HighEnd for the T500, definitely would recommend to folks to try both Mid and High to see what you like better.

HighEnd on the Simucube2 is fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Torstein,
    If you're interested it might help to adjust "limit_high_df" up to 1.0.
    It will limit the range of the df, which is helpful for that car 8)

20. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Damn FF 75% , maybe thats the reason it shakes :) on DD1 I think I use 55 or 60 max, with similar ingame gain to yours 25-30, lfb 8. Some natural friction on the base, no base damper.

Tbh there is no real reason to run super high torque, modern formula cars dont have stiff/strong steering (drove a formula renault 2.0 irl)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1