1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Just out of curiosity do you set you wheel control panel to 100 gain or 60?

Ive always used 60 as I was told over 60 gain the FFB clips.

2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

That’s all good, everyone has different tastes, just wanted to make sure you weren’t missing out on some finer details and control.
    @Karsten Hvidberg With a couple of minor scale changes I was able to get more delicate feeling and fullness similar to and ultimately smoother than .34 . With much the same slider settings.

Holiday over sadly, so back to work tomorrow, ( really not that keen ) so will have to try next file a bit delayed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Thanks Karsten. FFB is subjective but hardware also influence the perception people have one to the other with your custom file and settings
    Thanks for the further explanation as well

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

No worries we have different wheel and yes i like my FFB tighter and stronger so i will continue with the same approach from my side
    Thanks again for having spent the time to look into my settings and i appreciated the comments nevertheless

5. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Did some testing with different cars this morning, focussing on oscillations.
    Track: Spa.
    Wheelbase: Fanatec DD1
    Wheel: McLaren GT3 v2 with ClubSport QR

upload_2021-1-10_12-11-8.png

I kept the settings mostly the same, only adjusted FFB Gain per car, and tested with Fanatec Dynamic Damping (Speed Sensitive) on and off.
    Oscillations easily controllable on the GT3 and GT1 cars, but quite scary on the F-Reiza Ultimate. Without Dynamic Damping I really had to grip the wheel with both hands to not have it oscillate wildy. Oscillations didn't become a problem until speeds were above around 200 km/h depending in the car, so Dynamic Damping was set to gradually increase damping from 175 km/h, with max damping 35% at 250 km/h. It didn't seem to affect the FFB too much otherwise, so I'm inclined to keep it turned on to add a bit of safety margin. I have small kids running around at home, so it's quite easy to get distracted ;)

I tried adjusting LFB and Damping in AMS2, and also played around with the downforce on the F-Reiza, but this didn't have any noticeable impact on the oscillations.

In reality this is a minor problem, if really a problem at all, but it would be interesting if anyone else with Fanatec DD wheels could share their settings and experience.

And this is not in any way meant to be harsh crticism, FFB overall is fantastic! I especially like how the steering gets light when the front wheels lock up :)

6. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Super!
    I was not sure exactly how aggressive to set the dynamic damping, but if you are up for it you can try changing this line:

(damping (* (power (min 1 (* (/ kmh 250) (/ load_power 3))) 2) 2000 damping_slider))
    to:
    (damping (* (power (min 1 (* (/ kmh 200) (/ load_power 2))) 1.7) 3000 damping_slider))

and see how much that helps?

But also try and go all the way to 100% in-game, that should help a lot as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten, copy that, DD1 here too, oscillating no prob, damping 100 ingame works, was able to have nice control now on the 620R beast as you can see here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Hi Nolive, I also use TS-PC Racer (Ferrari 488 ed) and i think i like smoother wheels
    My in game settings are;
    GAIN: 50 (I keep is this way and adjust per car basis. This value is just good for me on gt cars wo changing them)
    LFB: 25 (If I move it too high; I lose the sense of tire lock and spinning. This way i just have an instant feeling of slipping and saving the car)
    FX: 75 (I like to feel what is going under the hood and tires, just dont like dead wheels).
    DAMPING: 40 (To wash out some unwanted vibrations tried with 50 as well but; lose some useful info IMO)

I guess trying settings with McLaren F1 GTR LT is a good way since it is too sensitive to your inputs which leads you should have an immediate correction. I set its gain 115% btw.

p.s.: Using high level end ffb file

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice file on my G29, absolutely no G29 notchy feel whatsoever, its seriously gone BUT i cannot feel kerbs very well.

10. bm206

bm206 New Member

Hi.

I am looking for good settings for fanatec csl elite base. Anybody use this wheel base? And is this mid or high end?

Thx for the files

11. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Cully,

You might try increasing "kerbs_surface_scale" in the file.
    If it helps, please post a better value. Also are you using the mid or low file?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Very strange... The oscillations got way worse??? Very easy to see on the FFB graph when using the telemetry HUD.
    And there is no noticeable difference between in-game damping at 50 or 100...

• Like Like x 1
  13. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Here’s mine - feels great to me, but maybe could be better (I’m no expert) so would be interested to see others’ settings!
    I am running the mid file at gain 50, lfb 30, fx 60, damping 40. Change gain settings per car though of course.
    Wheel settings are: SEN Auto, FF 100, dri 002, FEI 60, FOR 100, Spr 100, Dpr 100, Bli 50, SHO 100, brF 60.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten i will try that later tonight or maybe tomorrow thanks.
    I tried both low and medium feel very similar.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

.36 is fantastic with G920. Great work !

• Like Like x 2
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

HOW??? Nice driving! I will never master that car :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

"The King" has been medicated: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-the-king-6-6-5-37-zip.12052/

The drugs provided:
    * More feel of fast change down-force.
    * Over-steer baseline has been adjusted slightly down by 0.2.
    * The FX slider for scrub/engine vibes now grows exponentially. At 50% it is as before. Below it feels lower than before, above it feel higher. At 100% it now is boosted to 200%. Idea is to allow low end bases to scale higher.
    * The exponential on road feel has been removed, so it will not feel as harsh to go above 50%.

The King's split persona for PC2 is making his way out now as well.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Not_DrRyan

Not_DrRyan New Member

What are your in-game settings now? I also have a G29 and liked your old settings!

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi bm206,

Prob. works well with both files, so you'll have to see which you prefer.
    Settings will depend on the car and how you like it, so go with the instructions in post #2 of this thread.
    Start something like:

Gain 60
    Lfb 10
    Fx 50
    Damping 50

And adjust to the car from there.

-K

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Karsten Hvidberg .
    Been testing .37 mid.

out of the box the slip effect felt a little to overdone, gets too light from peak with my flavours anyway.
    Track bumps seemed to be overwhelming other details, so I reduced scale down as low as 0.05 ( often 1.0 is good in previous), but it still felt dominated by track bumps.
    Not getting a smooth feeling in general no matter if FX is lowered. Or dampen increases..

• Like Like x 1