1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Didn’t try yet but even in the Spa-video attached to the 1.1.0.4 changelog you can see that there are no light sources over the road and also the pit area is dark as night so the poor guys who have to change tyres still need night vision goggles... :D;)

2. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do 35 mins races and would really like to have this option with all the series like in AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't we have a mandatory pitstop setting in the race settings already?

upload_2021-1-13_18-22-29.png

Edit: welp... just realized the option is there but is not accessible for timed races...

4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a good update, the diff physics feel a lot better for the gt1 cars in particular, bmw procar feels good as do the f-classics, but porsche cup seems to have lost the autocut when changing up the gears. I would also like Donnington Park to be labelled as English in the UI like the other British circuits (or visa versa).

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-Trainer Advanced feels lovely. Very different than before. Nice!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a file we can delete to reset all cars to default as opposed to one by one in game?

• Like Like x 1
  7. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I always delete these files here:

upload_2021-1-13_19-26-17.png

Not sure if that's enough, though. Really hope it is 'cause I've been doing that for a while now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cook, thanks, will try that

9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the great update, tried a few cars before work:

The Sprint Racer is absolutely glorious! Finally throttle steerable, as well as looking, sounding and feeling magnificent.

GT4 Ginetta has something going on with engine intertia or the drive train, the revs die as you change up a gear.

Mini JCW is now phenomenal, just needs the wiper animations.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A "little" milestone!

Thank you so much!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Curious; when will the in-car adjustable ARB be turned off for majority of the vehicles..?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Did leaderboards just get reset?

Edit: nope i just lost contact with server .

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Is that an actual thing this game does now? Because that's not what's written in the notes, but it would be HUGE if this was the case.

14. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yes. This is from the original 1.1.0.0 changelog:
    • Introduced track specific weather probability system for more realistic random weather
    So that's sensible random weather depending on the track.

And in case you mean different weather condition at point A vs point B. Say north vs south end of Nordschleife or even at opposite ends of a regular sized track. I think that was always there when transitioning from one weather condition to another. So say you're going from heavy clouds to light rain. You'll notice rain first at one part of the track and then go back to the dry side. And then come back to even more rain. And eventually rain will cover the whole track. I'm pretty sure I've experienced that way earlier.

My common sense says that random weather will then make this even more immersive, cause you get more transitions and you never know what and when it's going to happen (though the probability system makes it sensible) :eek:.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  15. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

I think you got that wrong.
    The track specific weather assures that there will be fewer to no rain probability in random on tracks where it mostly never rains irl.

16. oez

Yes that's what I meant in the end by the probability system making random weather sensible. But also talked about the point A vs point B weather difference, cause I wasn't sure which feature we're talking about. Those two together should provide an immersive experience, cause you can just enable random weather and see what happens, but in a way that makes sense around the world as you said.

17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The various "rain" weather options are not even within themselves - light rain for example offers a range of precipitation that can be evenly distributed accross the track, or just be localized showers in certain track spots - in longer tracks like the Nordschleife or Spa it would be very common to have only parts of the track wet, with others completely dry with a light rain weather setting.

This was always the case since the first EA release, the difference now is that by setting random weather, if you get any rain at all it is more likely to be light (rather than having even chances of sunshine, rain and storms).

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 6
  18. oez

I really love how grey my hair gets while trying to calculate and predict if I need to box for wet tires or not :D. Just as it should be. It's a truly amazing weather system!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato,
    If there's a thunderstorm or too much rain on the track is there a chance in the future we get red flags, so the race will be cancelled or postponed for like 20 minutes or perhaps 7 hours like last Le Mans. (Fast forwarding it, ofcourse.)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Is there a reason why this is only the case with light rain? Especially thunderstorms tend to be highly localised, with one part of the track bone-dry and the other completely wet. Imo this would be even more interesting than having light rain unevenly distributed, because of the bigger differences.

On another note, I think that especially thunderstom could be exploited more. In real life, there are several situations where parts of the track are a big puddle (see Daytona 2018, or Malaysia 2001 in F1). The engine has these already built-in - shouldn't it be possible, at least on "random" - for whole sections of the track to become one big lake?

• Like Like x 1