1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

How many developers work for Reiza..?

Pretty impressive what they did over the last 12 months.. This sim will be top shelf aged 18 years in another 12 months time..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah ultra-realistic perma-death please! If you hit a wall/tree too hard you die ingame and can’t play the game anymore. You would need to buy another copy via Steam so Reiza would benefit too.
    And a Rewind-button would be cool as well so you could miss the wall/tree in another try.
    Haha, just kidding... ;):D:rolleyes:
    Game is perfect as it is! :)
    Love AMS2! Thank you devs for your hard and excellent work!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster DDiggler :)

Fantastic keep it coming looking forward to the next update drop

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

MAJOR PROBLEMS AFTER UPDATE!

Since this last update my AMS2 installation is completely unsuable for any multiplayer action. I get dissconnected from servers, I get dissconnected from my own muliplayer usually at end of quali, not only am i getting constant disconnects they are more often than not resulting in a complete CTD, no error, no 'Automobilista 2 has stopped working' message, all of a sudden its just gone! Ruined a race I had been really looking forward to yesterday, did an hour of practice with folks on a new server id joined, 15 mins of quali. Quali ended, Disconnected! Other bugs seem to have come back aswell! V upset! upload_2021-1-15_13-16-58.gif

5. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Oh dear!
    Have you tried verifying files on Steam and/or reinstalling?

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep ive varified. Not re-installed, last time i got major probs thats what i had to do, but this game is massive, that would take half a day! Why has it all gone completely tits up after update, anyone else getting these issues? Alot of folks on the server i was on got disconnects, could it possibly be ive picked up summit dodgy from that server that has damaged my install??

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There was a discussion on another forum, can't remember for which Sim about having visible pit crews and their reason for it doing so was that it could change their rating as pit crew would have cars going through them, I thought it was weird at the time. You could still have repurcussions without needing to go to driver injury or death, it just seems odd for a racing game.
    Even first person shooters let you respawn when killed so you can continue the game.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Started a championship for GT3 tonight and it has rained in all three races so far, they were at Bathurst and Adelaide. Whilst the rain and handling was impressive I thought it was being dialled back in random weather?
    One cool thing that happened at Bathurst on the last lap I was trying to get 4th spot back and went up the inside when braking into the chase and hit a puddle of standing water just as I was braking and it tipped me sideways into the car I was trying to get past and took us both off. Ended up 17th, should have just settled for 5th in the end.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just went for a stupid chicken balls test move in the M1 Procar at Adelaide. Last lap, that long fast right hander, I thought the AI would back off as I'd seen them all brake slightly going through there before, but this one didn't, we came together and it ended in tears and a broken car. Fantastic. As you say, I should have settled for 5th.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Having drivers loosing their lives in a racing sim is an extremely bad idea imho. I can't see why any decent human being would like to glorify this aspect of racing. Death is not a joke.

That being said, I suppose you could have a "season-ending damage" option of some sorts. The key would be in the presentation. Don't ever tell the player his driver died, don't use such terms. Just say something like "your season has ended due to irrecoverable damage" or something like this. Also, you, the player, can always restart the season on your own if you think your accident was so bad your driver probably wouldn't have survived. I'm sure Reiza have better stuff to do for at least the next 2 years of development.

Regarding damage carrying over between sessions, now that's something interesting. The F1 games do this, or something like this, to some degree. I think Reiza could come up with a simple system where they could tweak repair time on a per-series basis to differentiate between formulas and tin tops, understaffed junior series and super budgeted modern F1, etc. Even for multiplayer that could be an interesting option for leagues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 has now been updated to v1.1.0.5 - this is a hotfix to further complement our latest release with some additional improvements and corrections.

The update is large in size (1.6GB) because of a build error changing the checksum of some large files that have otherwise remained unchanged - we apologise in advance if that causes any inconvenience.

V1.1.0.5 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Fixed bug that could lead to vehicles receiving draft from vehicles far behind them

UI
    • Fixed distance to screen value on triple screen setup

PHYSICS
    • Further driveline adjustments & fine tuning, fixing issues with clutch slipping in upshifts with some cars
    • Adjusted default clutch setting for Stock cars, Montana, Camaro GT4R, Porsches
    • Fixed bug with F-Retro wet tires breaking physics
    • Fixed bug with F-Ultimate slicks breaking physics if driven on wet
    • Adjusted default gear ratios for M1 Procar, Group A cars

AI
    • Further improvements to AI lateral weaving/abruptness of movement
    • Added new improvements to AI behaviour when it predicts it´s going to run off the road (should reduce some causes of abrupt lateral movement / loss of control)
    • Further general A performance callibration

AUDIO
    • Caterham Academy: adjusted sounds, improved audio loops
    • Copa Fusca: Fixed engine sound drop-off during gear shifts
    • SprintRace: further improvements to audio loops
    • M1 Procar: increased volume when driving in swingman view

TRACKS
    • Spa: various fixes for lodding pop-ups, further optimization
    • Velopark: Improved wall collisions; fixed some terrain gaps; improved shadows; adjusted tire stack height; adjusted 3D grass to fix instances of wall clipping; removed shadow casting & reflections from transparent face
    • Interlagos Historic: Added startlights; removed shadow casting from transparent fences
    • Oulton Park: Added missing track lights
    • Curitiba: Adjusted HUD map zoom
    • Curvelo: Adjusted render mesh to match updated physical noise

VEHICLES:
    • Added community liveries: Copa Fusca - Fernando Goncalves #888 / Luiz Gonzaga #09 / Marcos Cruz #20 / Tom Emilsen #3422 / Troyan Donut #61 / Filomena Silva #00
    • Caterham 360 Superlight - Allan Nenes #25 / Gasper Zupan #2
    • Caterham 620R - Gyda Marvik #25 / Chris Shire #26

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Booom get in ! Great work as always . Just out of curiosity Renato , are custom championships incoming soon ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yep :)

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm shaking so much atm that I am almost unable to type :D . Thank you Reiza :hurrayreiza:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

the guys from reiza never sleep...:)
    but now, please relax a while and enjoy the weekend.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Excellent !! Can't wait for this , for me it will make AMS 2 the ultimate sim , even AC will be seeing alot less playtime once I can create my own championship .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Validating cache takes really long now since the latest patch,

18. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

:hurrayreiza:

First championship I'll be setting up will be the British F3...

2021 Calendar:
    3 & 5 April - Oulton
    24/25 April - Snetterton 300
    22/23 May - Brands GP
    26/27 June - Silverstone GP
    10/11 July - Donington GP
    23/24/25 July - Spa
    14/15 August - Silverstone GP
    11/12 September - Donington GP
    Now if someone could get cracking on a skin pack, that'd be great. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget the Caterhams, the F-trainer, the Lancers.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Awesome work Reiza, AMS2 is getting a lot better with every release, well done guys!!!

I have a question about the two german cars (MB 190 & BMW M3), I'm unable to change diff settings on setup screen, only clutches quantity is allowed. Is that intended/matches the real car or it's a bug? I'm speaking about 1.1.0.4 game version, but I don't remember if I was able to change diff settings before on these two cars, or I didn't need to do so because those cars were a lot easier to drive before the latest patch. Since 1.1.0.4 I'm having trouble keeping the tail in check mid corner, so I went to change some diff settings but I was unable to do it.

Another thing I noticed is some TV cams on Nords and Silverstone Historic show the cars shaking and/or flickering when viewed from replay. I read it's a bug since some time ago.

Thanks!!!

• Agree Agree x 1