1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I tried to replicate your Ai video on twitter but the Ai of the faster car still got caught up behind the GT3!!
    Unlisted video recorded on my phone because i still don't have any software to record triples.

Ai is set to 103/70 with 4 slots P1,P3,GT3 and Cat Academy(testing new audio, great, its finally fixed on the Academy) with 4 random weather slots 24 Ai.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

Another one, i'm in the red Chevelle, i intentionally move over slightly on the straight and it seems to really bork them, also up ahead you can see the P1 guys aren't passing either.
    Same settings other than added the Chevelle class (Copa something) instead of Caterham. Practice in both videos and both in the main release.

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it's a real problem in multi class. I see it all the time with P1 vs GT3.. The much faster car sits a few inches off the rear bumper (should be more padding) and won't pass down the straight. After waiting and hesitating for half a lap they might pull the trigger..

If you guys like you can add your findings and examples here as well..
    Ai | Artificial Intelligence

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Velopark already had problematic AI in AMS1, iirc... :whistle:
    Pace and side-to-side wise.

But the tendency for the train is something, that definetly needs some love in general.
    Brings me to my true intention of this post:

5. 2ndLastJedi

Did you see this? @Coanda also

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This could be connected to different classes/cars etc.
    Anyway, it's not working as intended in your recordings and i'm sure, Velopark as demonstration ground for the Reiza video wasn't a coincidence (due to the achievement, finally having some decent AI racing on this track). So this needs improvements, definetly.

7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great to see the love being dished out on a per car basis, now that many of the fundamentals are being sorted out. Just off the top of my head, here's a few others with missing or incorrectly implemented features:
    • Lancers: excessively loud tyre scrub noises (constant whingeing eventually got the Sprint car fixed, I hope to do the same with these :) )
    • Macca GT4: In cockpit very loud audio pop every time the revs pass through 8000rpm
    • Montana: No gear change animation
    • Mini JCW: missing windscreen wiper animation
    • ARC Camaro: raindrop fx on player's helmet inside car
    • Sprint racer: falling raindrops in the cockpit
    • MRX P4: no raindrop fx on player's helmet, AI are massively faster than player
    • F3s: Raindrops run the wrong way on windshields
    • F Vee: in cockpit very noticeable sample loop artifacts
    • GT1: AI are much faster than player on straights, even at difficulty 95 and below
    All the recent changes have been incredible. Most of the cars are much more... playful and their pedals can't just be stomped on with impunity any more. With Karsten's custom FFB they all feel fantastic too. IMHO a good number of AMS cars are amongst the best in sim racing.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

Im stupid!! I watched the replay and all P1 where pitting :whistle::oops:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  9. 2ndLastJedi

I find all cars have this issue! There is a problem with the visor of the helmet that i've reported a few times with no reply from Reiza :(
    I love helmet cam but this is a little immersion breaking imo.
    20210116165526_1.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Just did a wet qualifying in a thunderstorm with the stock 2020 in the championship- what an experience! Ai were pretty closely tied to my own pace so the balancing was perfect, the immersion almost total, no spinning out at 30kph, etc etc. Coming from another sim with the same engine, how refreshing! An hour of those conditions and any result would be a victory! Nice work Reiza :)
    Edit- replays still appear to remove the puddles etc. Not a massive pain although it would be nice to get this hangover from PC2 removed finally..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The same file corruption happens to me after almost every patch. Some tracks get corrupted and attempting to load them causes a CTD. I now need to have Steam verify file integrity after every update and there is always some files that need to be reacquired. No other game on Steam does this so it's AMS2 doing it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had this happen occasionally with other games updates, although it is rare.

13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Another complementary build (1465, same version number) has just been deployed including some further updates for Spa & Curvelo, few more driveline & AI finetuning plus tweaks to the Group A & Procar gear ratios.

• Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza:

Take a few beers on my account.

15. 2ndLastJedi

Does Renato have you CC number :whistle:

16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

He has my banknumber, I surely knows he does. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

1,6 gb here, no problem with steam (never). But i have few games in library. Please check your harddrive With victoria hdd or similar (if you have hdd) or if you have sdd check this . Have you tried to clear dowload cachecfrom steam?

18. 2ndLastJedi

Man this just keeps giving!!!
    Cars that i haven't read much about in change logs have made some big improvements! The ARC and GT5 are both cars i haven't driven for a while, i haven't read any changes (i may have missed them) but man these two cars alone tonight made me fall in love more with AMS2!

Are the drive line changes like a wholesale change? Effect all cars at once in some way?

Whatever is happening it's bloody well working :D

I think all those "influences" need to get back in AMS 2 and redo all their reviews! This is the real deal now.

Just stop the ARC rolling over at some tracks without changing the way it drives and these two are set ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone else think Adelaide could perhaps be next to receive some road mesh work? A lot of people have said it's over the top rough in many cars. I kind of enjoy it in a weird gets-me-fired-up kind of way, but I tend to agree.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This latest update appears to have fixed the Group A's. The M3 is still fairly pointy but more manageable than before. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1