1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Every car for me has the same effect I've tested so far, not checked the GT3/GT1 or formula yet as they feel pretty good.
    I only started testing today as I was sure something felt off in certain cars.

2. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

50MB update.
    Looks like these (And more) were updated...
    Screenshot 2021-01-17 202755.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I have tested and this here, i can definetly not confirm:
    I hear differences, over the whole course of pedal travel, shivering and more dropping in the limiter, when applying more pedal and i have to apply around 20% of throttle to come close to the redline.
    Here 2 screenshots of the pedal position, shortly before i hit redline.
    When i hit the limiter, torque and power also increasingly rise dependent on my throttle input and i hear the differences. :confused:

20210117213321_1.jpg 20210117213558_1.jpg (click to enhance, here you see the around 20-25% of throttle input, without hitting redline)

The way, revs are rising is pretty "direct", though, even in more "beefy" engined cars like the two of the screenshots (Camaro SS and MAN Truck). So no clue if here is something connected going on...but the amount of throttle for redlining is different between cars (F-Ultimate needs less, indeed).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

OK cheers, I'm going to hopefully check tomorrow afterwork, to see which cars are affected more.
    I get similar to what you experience, but like you say the way it hits redline so quickly with such low input is a concern.
    Also when held like you show, I can then go 100% and back to where you show with no change to the rpm

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

20% actually sounds quite reasonable, to be honest. The car is in neutral.
    The way how revs are following the throttle pedal is pretty "direct", but noticeably different between cars.
    I don't know, what to think about this, right now, to be honest.
    My rpm, torque and power indication was changing, like also the behaviour in the limiter and sound-wise.
    Are you refering to the case, that engine revs should drop more differently, when going off-throttle, to the way they rise on-throttle?
    Are you able to make a short video recording of your throttle to rev behaviour?

That's actually not exactly how it works, though. With 50% throttle you apply very likey way more torque response of the engine, than just 50% torque/power.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have had this similar random problem with my brake pedal many times, just touch the brake 5% and it locks up 100%. When I notice this happening in the first race I exit the race then pump the Brake / Throttle and Clutch pedals to 100% 6-8 times each then restart the race and all is back to normal. It must be due to the potentiometers in my pedals sticking and pumping them releases this.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, thanks, shall do

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That is kind of what it feels like to me. One side of the car driving through an invisible puddle..

Edit Add: I tested a wet session. There was scattered little puddles after 5 or 6 laps of build up however unlike in the dry there was no pulling force down the Kemmel straight.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember another race I had:
    At Imola 2001 with GT1.
    At nearly every corner exit, when hitting roadline, curb or the green surface, the car pulled to the outside and let me driving with the whole car over the roadline. The race director at Imola 2001 is very sensitive which resulted in many invalid laps.
    In my opinion, it is not like riding through a wet spot it is like riding over some adhesive. It seems that roadlines, curbs or outer surface (i.e. green stones, carpet,....) have much more resistance than normal asphalt.
    I do not know if it is only with special cars at special tracks or in whole but it is strange and much too much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I get what you mean regarding the astro turf.. I previously thought a couple here and there have felt a little weirdo and strong in effect.

Regarding the kemmel straight this seems to pull when you are only on the tarmac as well.

Enough of us have mentioned something seems a little off so I am guessing they will be looking into it..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

If you give Curitiba a go in a F3 car, theres a strange effect just going onto the last back straight that Ive noticed. Im wondering if its the same thing..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

[@CrimsonEminence,
    Ok so I decided to do a little video showcasing my issue.
    Can't imagine it's my pedals, as I've tried all settings and effects nothing, also doesn't seem to be in any other sim from testing.
    Affects all cars I've tested so far.
    Now I understand engine torque/inertia etc reacts differently in certain cars/engines/motorbikes.
    But at literally 10% input the revs climb so fast to redline, then with nearly 180% input back and fourth there is no effect on the engine rpm, surely this cannot be correct.
    Also could be affecting the way the cars drive in general.
    Or Am I doing something wrong/missing the issue cheers.

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

In fact, this is what I feel and forgot to mention: Dry track but as if passing through an invisible puddle that unbalances the car.
    As requested, I tested the same combination on a rainy day and no visible puddles formed at that point on the track.
    Coincidentally, before mentioning this type of problem in the topic, I had recorded a video of a race where it is possible to notice the problem in one of the laps, I don't think it's necessary, but I can send the video link if it is useful.

14. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried it on my 120 hp, average every day passenger car, pressed just a tiny bit the gas pedal (must have been around 10% probably) and it instantly went up to 4000-4500 rpm, with a little bit more I would had redlined it. So I am sure that in a proper racecar, it's normal to redline the engine with 10% throttle or even less...

About your argument that the rest 90% is wasted, yes this indeed happens in neutral, there's no point giving it full throttle. Also in first gear, you will be redlining without full throttle, all that is changing with more throttle is how fast you are redlining. In higher gears, you will need full throttle to redline it, as expected.

Remember, the gas pedal mainly affects just the amount of fuel that goes to the engine. The same amount of fuel will have a totally different effect when the car is in neutral, that when it is in 6th gear..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep ive noticed this kinda thing if your tires are on the white line but not quite on the grass, its as if an invisible passenger has just leaned over and tugged your wheel

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I 100% agree with you, but 10% is way too low, to hit redline so fast would be nearer 40% then dropped below 40% the revs should then drop off.
    Even in Neutral this effect is surely way too low, from my experience, rpm would not rise and would definitely fall off at such small inputs surely.
    After all the throttle just increases air/fuel flow so 10% input would never rise so fast, yes a gradual climb, I would expect to see closer to 30-40% for the effect 10% AMS2 is at.
    10% is more in tune with say a highly tuned motorbike not a car throttle, especially in some of the older/slower cars.

17. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

You should post it on Physics thread and tag devs so they can give it a look.
    I think this could be very useful to understand/replicate the issue...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Simo, sorry to disagree, but throttle inputs feel normal at least in the F Classic and GT1s I drove across the week end. Did you by any chance update the drivers for your wheel/pedals? Can you maybe provide some info on your hardware/settings and car/track combos?? Seems very odd to me

19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can plot throttle-torque curves through telemetry and they look different from car to car and about as you would expect - some cars they are almost linear (the Porsches), some more nonlinear (Copa Montana), while others appear to have gear-dependent throttle response (BMW M3 E30). These were just random cars I was testing pre- and post-1.1.0.4, I don't know if the throttle response has actually changed post-1.1.0.4.

throttletorquecurves.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the late posting but I've expected this was easily solved.
    IMO it's a bug but at the hardware side.
    Happened once with my modified Fanatec Elite LC pedals.
    I've exchanged a faulty gas pot with a Honeywell hall effect pot.
    It worked (and works) fine but at some point it malfunction as you describe.
    It was solved only after some repeated calibrations outside game.