1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I could think of different compromises here:

Colour for class + Car type abbreviation (like G58, AJRV8)
    Manufacturer emblem + Colour for class
    Car type abbreviation + Small manufacturer emblem + Class colour
    Class abbreviation + Manufacturer emblem + Class Colour

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

^ Some of that please...

Whatever works best and keeps the Ui and HUD sexy..

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

I would favourize the second to last one.

Class coulours established in a uniform way for race sessions, because you already know, what classes are in the session, to begin with anyway and each colour has a rank in the field then (Red always fastest, blue second fastest, green third fastest etc.)

Car type abbreviations can be made in a pretty reliable way. Cruz, Fus, Che, Gol, Pas, AJR8, AJR10, AJR6, M1, M6, Mon etc.

A little emblem of the manufacturer for a faster glance at the list in addition to the colour and every information adds together to a fast understanding.

It's like reading then. You just have to know the first and last letter and the gibberish ibnetween can sitll be read corrcelty. :D (All the informations blend together to a fast recognition of the car, you are racing against or looking for)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Coanda

Curious; does anyone else here think the top session info banner and pit/ setup Ui would be easier on the eyes if it was a little less transparent..?

Or do you like the background action taking a little more priority..?

5. CrimsonEminence

I find it good, how it is, maybe a bit of a taste-thing, though.

Addition for the
    thing:
    This little symbol next to the driver name on the leaderboard:
    manuf.png
    Mega-Pain(t)-Skillz

• Like Like x 2
  6. Coanda

^ That works really well... Covers all scenarios, easy on the eye and doesn't take up lots of real estate..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The way it was done in AMS (1) is good enough for me--the specific vehicle shows up in all "pause" leaderboards. I don't need to see this info live while racing (the class is good enough), but just when pausing (offline) or back in the pits (online), so you can gauge where you are versus the identical vehicles.

I am sure there is some way to address it as an option in the on-screen leaderboards. Smaller fonts with an extra column would be one way. You could choose to show it or not based on your preference.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

According.

Formula Classic G2 M3 (50% Boost Pressure / 40% Radiator Opening) - with 15min of a 20min race on a fast track like Kyalami Historic and without traffic, I think that should not happen.

Anyway thx to everyone and in the hope that this temps info will be added to the HUD quickly.

9. Marc Collins

High altitude (at Kyalami) is harder on the engine. It would be the equivalent of running in hotter ambient temperatures.

What happens if you use a more reasonable radiator opening, like 60% or 70% (or even higher)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Well with the Classic Gen 1 on 100% boost 30% rad on one lap of Nords can blow the engine and 40% usually not but again I haven't done extensive laps as frankly that's rather dull. On 100% Rad/boost it blew the engine on a 5 lap Nords race but IIRC 60% boost was fine. Now was it over revving (tricky when all the powerband as at/or near redline) that contributed to it, probably. But that is the point, without any info in game it is all guesswork and trial and error.

I know people will say well don't run 100% boost and that is not realistic - fair enough. But most of the fun of these cars is trying to tame the absolute madness of the turbo which wants to kill you even on straights and to me the fun of these sims is driving the extremes in motorsport especially from the past and how utterly bloody nuts you had to be to drive those tracks and cars.

I suppose you could analyse the telemetry or use Simhub but again that is using 3rd party apps. Also each car is different and so remembering and testing each possible combo makes it a PITA without real time info. Are other factors simulated? For instance does track/ambient temperature and altitude affect the engine cooling and by how much?

The other thing I noticed is that AMS2 seems to simulate gearbox damage so it would be great to have a visual indication of that also. This is not intended as a moan just it would be more enjoyable and less frustrating if this was shown on the hud.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marc Collins

THIS is a great suggestion. We have already run out of (decent) colours for all the series and some are difficult to distinguish.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree. At some points all this must be part of the HUD. It is just simply not there yet. The "full" setting for the tacho is not there and that clearly hints at something that is not yet there.
    Until then it is a bit of trial and error if you want to use mechanical damage and go to the limit with radiator opening.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ettore

It's relatively simple: when you do practice before the race you test the car. If Crew Chief tells you the temperatures are raising you know you have to open a bit more the radiator. Once you have done a few races in a car you will have a better idea of what values are typical for that model. Agreed it should be there at some point but in the meantime it is not that terrible to do a bit of trial and error in practice... After all that is what they do in the real world :p

14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd also like to see the current tyre condition indicator revisited.

With some current cars (namely the M1 Procar), the tyres lose grip rapidly after 4-5 laps to the point of resembling driving on ice (even when my tempts are steady at 85 C), yet the tyre indicators remain bright green with zero wear reported. What's the point of even showing the condition when it bears no resemblance to what is actually experienced when driving?

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. (loss of grip) maybe not some much ice but very delicate throttle and brake req to maintain pace.
    Yes this was very apparent last night online, large drop off in grip in race. with its more than slightly snappy off throttle oversteer made worse.
    Fully off throttle will send the rear round with a little excess.
    @LugNut and Steve put in some top times in q and race but the grip loss in race was high. Hud as above post

16. Ettore

Agree. The indicator of wear does not really show how much life is in the tire. You can drive some cars till there is no more green with almost no loss of performance and some others lose a lot of performance after few laps when the indicator is almost fully green...

17. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I also agree. I'm driving the M1 a lot recently and I wonder why after 4 or 5 laps the rears seemed to be dead, because all is green and no wear in the hud :confused:

Driving carefully then, rears seem to recover after a couple of laps, so I think it's a tyre temperature problem which is not represented in the hud correctly instead tyre wear ??

18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Madness engine may have great physics, but apparently (for us the users) the UI side of it is a huge gambiarra.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i liked RS-Dash ( formerly pCARS dash ) with pCARS2.
    Unfortunately the developer of this app didn't update to AMS2. Maybe later
    rs-Dash.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I use RS-Dash with AMS2, works quite good, it just thinks AMS is PC2 :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1