1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wil tommorow bring someting nice to Read?:)

2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

3 class society?
    Hopefully, with the next update it is more balanced.
    ss141415.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. alink

And content? :)

4. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Actually pc2 ui is the most quality ui, imho, in the sim community. It’s thrilling intro make you just feel jumped into the racing world. Besides it is efficient with using on VR and wheel buttons.
    Luckily the issue is not the engine, however Reiza just kept it simple since the primary focus is on the physics, content side. (Well ui can go in the parallel process,,,anyway).

Just hoping that will change in the future without making it hard to navigate on the menu and you see more sophisticated car thumbs, setup and key assignment screen.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Also a vote for AMS2's (and PC2's) UI. Overall it does its job in a way that gets me to the fun part without too many confusing menus and options forced on me. That's what a good UI should be. Not that you can't adjust important stuff, but it's just not as in your face and high maintenance as some other sims.

If it's approached as "just a UI" in development, it'll devolve into a messy mod manager thing (which would be ok if it was primarily a mod manager). Understandability and fun matters.

Obviously there are bugs like the setup menu thing where you sometimes need to hover on another setting before it lets you adjust the one you actually want to adjust. And some confusing parts. Don't get me started on the HUD editor, especially in VR. Of course things could be better as well.

Exactly :)

6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully next F1 season will be more balanced. They start and finish also team wise...:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Generally, apart from the ICM part that is not very user friendly when driving (it disappears too fast, it is way too deep to navigate etc.) I think the UI is pretty decent in terms of graphics and usability.
    The most important side of the problem for me is that it's still quite buggy:
    • Changing your pit strategy during the intermission before the race starts often gets you kicked out of the session
    • When you load your car setup in the session before and upon the start of the new session you drive out of the box more often than not AMS2 sends you out with the baseline setup and 30L of fuel so you need to come back in (if you can and load again your setup)
    • The screens while waiting for the next session to load are still confusing: the red button on the bottom right is still a big danger for those who don't know the sim and hit it ending up out of the race. It should be small, remote and anyway called with something drastic like "Abandon Multiplayer Session" so that what will happen is clear
    • At times the "Continue" button does not make the session move on
    • The full tachometer version of the HUD is still missing
    • Some information on the HUD are not really helping, especially graphics for tire wear and temperature are quite misleading often times
    • When navigating through the garage setup tabs often you mouse will not work on the item you want to alter until you move it around somewhere else and back
    • Many times when you click for a modification in the garage the mouse jumps up to another line and no modification is done to the one you wanted
    Also I see some room for improvement drawing from other sims like the map of the circuit with other racers position while you are in the pit lane like ACC for example
    I find also the fonts of standings and relatives a bit small. Especially for standings I would gladly give up a few lines for bigger fonts.
    But generally I find the UI much better than many other sims

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I know this is not possible - but I would gladly pay some extra money if Reiza got licence to use Racerooms setup file save/load system + Racerooms replay system.
    Its almost perfect (IMO).

ByTheWay: My personal oppinion is that AMS2´s burrowed pCars2 systems in this area is complete BS:mad:. Hehe and a pain in the ... to use.:rolleyes:

9. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Having the ICM available while the game is paused would make changing strategies during the race a whole lot easier...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yeah you need to have it stay there for multiple corners. Now it just disappears unless you can do your business during one straight which is a bit hectic in faster cars. Especially, cause the fuel setting takes ages to get to 0. I would just like to go around it completely with buttons and dials if possible. Pit strategy adjustments with keys might be a bit funny, but ABS and TC need mappable buttons at some point. And not the off/low/high ones we have now.

I hit it once in PC2 and learned my lesson. I think it was even more camouflaged as a "Continue" type of button. Even so I agree that it still looks too much like a primary function. Something you want to press to continue. Destructive functions like that need to require a tiny amount of work in general. Or look discouraging. Preferably both.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we all agree the ICM needs work as it is how it is from day 1. I normally don't like naming other developers here however the ICM in ACC is now very good and one day I hope to see something similar in AMS2. It would also be nice to move it's location on the HUD as well as having a permanent hide/show option.

.. And options for rotary switches with more meaningful levels which align to real life rather than 1 to 100%..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why can't the ICM just stay on screen Until you hit the button again to turn it off? Buttons are better though for fuel mix, and, TC etc. And hopefully they come.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly this, we had been asking for it for ages in PCARS2 but it never happened. Use the same button to open the ICM and close it, this solves a lot of the problems. Right now, after opening it, the ICM open button does nothing anymore...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. psone

psone Guest

So if this was the menu that popped up when you hit the ICM button I'd be happy enough for the moment. It seems logical to me that the strat stuff be the thing you can access quickest and that it makes sense to seperate it from in-car adjustments in this way. Luckily I can map most of the car functions to my wheel, but using tabs to seperate the two seems like the cleanest option.

I'd rather the back button acted like the back button when the ICM is onscreen, it shouldn't time out either. I also would prefer if the menus would loop when cycling.
    AMS_2_Menu.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless you set the move up function in the funky switch as trigger for the menu ;)
    It will open the menu and then you will also use to navigate up :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

Just my two cents on the subject of UI, but apart from the class selection/main screen, the ICM and race setup menus in AMS1 were just neat, straightforward and light, love them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My opinion:
    • AMS1 minimap is far superior to AMS2's, and you can set the zoom level
    • AMS1 garage lap time table is superior to AMS2's, you can also see lap by lap and sector by sector times if you right click a driver's name
    • AMS1 fonts (I guess it was simply Arial/Verdana?) look much cleaner than AMS2's
    • overall AMS1 UI looks leaner/more straightforward than AMS2's
    • AMS1 UI actually works, whereas AMS2 UI has many bugs
    • AMS2 UI is the best when it comes to VR usage (except the Edit HUD, which is royally fked up in VR), when compared to other titles that support VR
    • AMS2 UI is more user friendly to newcomers, since it navigates and looks much more game-like and much less sim-like than AMS1. By sim-like I mean an interface where the developer didn't bother to make it prettier/flashier, but simply gave the user the barebasics to fiddle with, but in an organized manner
    I mean, look at the difference:

upload_2021-1-29_13-55-16.png

upload_2021-1-29_13-59-44.png
    Back when AMS2 had 3 letter time table. Nowadays (since many complained 3 letters didn't mean anything to them) it is even worse: if the name is one large word, the UI actually squeezes and shrinks it to make it fit.

I also find the AMS2 virtual mirror too tiny, especially now that I went from VR to triples. The lack of adjustable side mirror angles summed up with the lack of the triple virtual mirrors (as AMS1 has) and the diminute virtual back mirror feels a little bit awkward.

Anyway, the UI is far from being the biggest issue at the moment. Eventually I guess everything is going to be addressed (or taken as finished as is, who am I to dictate how it should be done!).

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. alink

Is Copa Uno a historic race series or something current?
    But whatever it is, historic tracks would fit perfectly :)
    By the way, it is end of month, this always means christmas and birthday together :D Hopefully some news about historic track pack ;)
    ss181731.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Right now, I think AMS1 is superior to AMS2 in almost every way except graphics and licensing.

But of course, if we look at things in perspective, AMS2 is not even a year old, and there is a lot of content.

From my point of view, the most important thing to fix is the movement of the camera, and above all, the behavior of cars when turning, some like the gt3, seem to turn from the central axis of the car instead of turning on the front wheels. And that slippage that cars have in the curves ... I think that little by little they will solve everything. In general, my feelings are very good and with great expectations for the future

By the way Reiza, a few things:

At the Nürburgring, replays show cars flashing, both on new track and at Nords.

In historic Kyalami, the car drives against the wall when exiting the pits.

McLaren 720s is very raised at its front.

Is there any possibility of being able to load the custom paintings and xml files from a url that is on a server?

Greetings to all and enjoy the weekend

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

In Brazil, a historical series. From 1992 to 1996. From 1997 it was replaced by another Fiat model (Palio), but the Uno still lived on being used in access categories for example.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5