1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Koala63

Koala63 Member

I'm getting reports from members of my League that the Formula V10 Gen1 has no 7th gear any more. Only 6 gears now. My PC has just died... Can anyone else confirm?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

'What? AMS 2 is evolving!
    ..... bbzzzzz.... bzzbbzzzzz.
    Congratulations! Your AMS 2 evolved into AMS 2 1.1.1.0!

3. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

nice to see a LT update, hopefully we will soon see the visual progression of the track usage shade.

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Was targetting the Mclaren physics by mistake, should be fixed now in build 1497 :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great stuff guys! Its like Christams again every time you guys update! Really looking forward to the physics and A.I. improvements and tire grip/fall off levels! A.I, has been getting better every time, can't wait to try and see if they are now more aggressive at overtaking, especially on straights! Seen general calibration pass for several cars. May I ask, does that mean that the DTM's now make a decent start? Last update it was mentioned in notes that starts were much better for A.I. but DTM's still problematic? Also Can't wait to try new Ginetta Junior! Btw, can I also ask, is the Ginetta GT4 fied yet? Up until now it still had no wiper or TC & ABS, hav'nt fired up game yet to find out as doing a few things at once right now, but you can be damn sure im making time for this later on tonight.. Can't wait! Cheers Renato and Reiza team!

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

meanwhile, this setup reset thing is annoying. every few weeks, you can throw your setups into the garbage can and start all over again.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

The Ginetta’s feel great and lots of fun.
    I’m not sure if there was anything specific listed in fixes ,but the Puma no longer feels like an uncontrollable lunatic. So guessing it’s had some work to make it comparable to Ginetta GT5.
    It feels a bit light in feedback strength though .

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

just did a few laps in "test day", the car had 7 gears (again?) like before.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Absolutely stunning effort and a great signpost for the product moving forward. Customer loyalty and confidence should take a big boost from updates and development pace like this! Genuinely and nicely surprised :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. psone

psone Guest

I think the Puma could do with some love, the driver position is completely borked. Makes driving it in VR quite uncomfortable. Feels like the scale might be off as well.

Also and probably more importantly there is zero acceleration in 5th gear engine just goes completely flat. It would be cool if this could get sorted as its quite a nice car to drive.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, really severe first world problems. :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  12. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

IIRC from the PC2 forums, the setups are saved as an array of indices and the values for the indices themselves might be changed as the development continues (or even the number of indices). For example, there might be indices 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and those have values -500, -250, 0, 250, 500. At a later date the values could be changed, so your setup could have a value -400 instead at index 0. Or was there a delta involved in the values? A dev could surely answer this. Anyway, I think the way the setup is saved is the reason for the need for resetting after some updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While far from ideal I think it's better to go through the pain of discarding setups at expense of having a car with more refined physics overall.
    Translating real life physics to logic in a new platform is a huge challenge. I'm sure Reiza wouldn't ask for a reset for a fun of it and they realise the consequences and problems for the users. It's a long term project - let's help with allowing for improvements.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

My 2 cents...if the cars are updated (new physics, better tires models, etc) all the previous setups aren't going to work as intended nevertheless so I don't see the reason to moan about that...just delete them and find a new setup for your car...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  15. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update as usual. The G40s are just great, they look and sound fantastic and feel really nice to drive. And the AI are fantastic. My only issue with these cars is the extreme brake sensitivity, I had to turn mine down to 60 and still lock the car very easily.

I'd like to report on other aspects of the update but the G40s are so addictive I haven't stopped driving them yet :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of brakes , the G40 Cup car seems like its got too much brake cooling as they cool right out to stone cold on larger tracks.

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Resetting to default doesn't mean trashing your setups...After reset you can load them with no issues. Even when canceling the Documents folder you can copy them elsewhere and re-instate afterwards. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

A non stop hard working team. wow Reiza. And BTW is there any chance to see a big jump in audio departement ??? Sorry but the audio is still in standard level.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

Great job Reiza!! This game is so good. I cannot stop smiling every time I jump in a car and take around a track.
    The 1 thing missing for single player people like myself, is Custom Championships. I am hoping they are coming soon because I am patiently waiting to drive every single car in a custom championship series. I am hoping there are alot of options for setting up custom championships. Can't wait!

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could someone please explain the asterisks * on the save setup names?

I seem to have more saved setups for a vehicle than I remember saving. I think it may have something to do with changing the description after the save.