1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 January 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 31, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

There is the Falcon V8SC in pC2 so hopefully we get that in with the 2-3 cars a month! That would be great to immortalize that series now they are extinct dinosaurs!

• Like Like x 1
  2. CK73

CK73 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

February has already started well, I'm really looking forward to SPA 93:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

This will probably happen to me a few times at Spa 93 when I try to Eau Rouge flat:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. richiehatchet

richiehatchet New Member

Please add fixing the Shadow Aliasing in VR to the roadmap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Dong Woo Kang

Dong Woo Kang New Member

Group C, baby!! Shame I can't afford a DD wheel to rip my arms off. Hats off to the constant updates and support!!

6. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Oh man. Unfortunately Zanardi knows how to crash hard. But his body can't hold him back it seems. I hope he recovers well from his latest spill. I guess that's the kind of mentality it takes to produce The Pass™ at Laguna Seca 96.

Spa is a true classic. Nothing is as satisfying to me in fast cars. It's multiplied by AMS2's feel, because you barely hang on in multiple corners. There are better tracks overall - ones you can drive with a slow club car and an F1 car. Tracks such as Goiania, Ibarra, Donington and Laguna Seca (pls Reiza :D). But fly the Super V8 over the inside curb at Raidillon and you'll want to do it again and again and again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BattleOvce

BattleOvce In-game Patrik Šulc AMS2 Club Member

And now would be super cool to add Copa Petrobras de Marcas (or proper touring cars series) and those late 90s touring cars as we voted in poll (hope its not this omega stock car, dont take it wrong, I am looking forward to drive this car, looks delitious) and then I dont need enything else. There is variety of super cars, racing specials, but still missing proper touring cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Both the JCW Mini and Mitsubishi Lancer are proper (modern) touring cars.

9. BattleOvce

BattleOvce In-game Patrik Šulc AMS2 Club Member

Yes, you are right. Not sure if I can combine them in multiclass race. Didnt test it out like this.
    Those cars are not that much appealing to me (but thats not important what I like). Cope petrobras de Marcas was spot on series for me. Variaty of car manufacturers, equal power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great news REIZA!
    Hurra, some more historic content is coming, perfect!!
    Fortunately the SPA 1991 and 1993 is more or less the same. In 1993 the curbs at Bus Stop are little bit wider but corners like Eau Rouge, Blanchimont etc. are the same, puh, I am happy.
    Although it is a long time till end of February 2021 but I am really excited to do my first lap at Spa 1993 circuit, which was one of the most challenging tracks in the world.... till it was repaved in 2002 and modified in 2003 and the following years.

KEEP ON GOING REIZA
    :hurrayreiza:

11. azaris

I certainly wouldn't object to seeing the Chevy Cruze and the BMW 320 touring cars from the 2000's era added at some point. Maybe even a SEAT Leon TDI with its magnificent vacuum cleaner sounds ;).

• Like Like x 4
  12. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Please add a system of AI talent files as AMS 1. The unique train is boring. One of the priority should be this.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  13. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

90s Btcc :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Gonna make me smile from ear to ear. :D
    Nice work Reiza team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Not a priority but certainly welcome!
    Would be great to combine talents files with the new livery system, instead of replacing textures would be great to give the opportunity to create new series in-game with skinpacks and talents files packed together (Something we can already do in AMS1, basically the mod needs to point to the car model), do you think is doable @Renato Simioni ?

I also would like to be able to bind TC, ABS, etc on my steering wheel and get rid of those driving AIDS (going to 0-100% is somewhat arcadish and part of the simulation is to have working systems like ABS, TC, etc per car as irl, that was something bothering me badly on AMS1 too)

Great roadmap as usual, waiting for more QoL improvements like the ones mentioned earlier because I think AMS2 has tons of content so, personally, I wouldn't mind for some content delay if this means a more polished sim (speaking of features and UI).

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

We are talking about the same thing, but here's a video to clarify:
    It's five laps using every 90's F1 car in the game. The massive bouncing in the braking zones is quite apparent, be it in dirty air or not (don't judge the driving too harshly, this was done using a pad, and I didn't exactly practice):

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

Exciting news. And please REIZA we need some major SOUND UPDATES.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Crap that looks awful!! Ive never had my car do that in AMS2 !! I've had it wobble at a stand still but never like that at speed!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. azaris

Are all these done with 20 AI cars on the track? Does it ever happen in time trial or free practice mode? Have you tried reducing the number of AI to 10 or so? I have noticed the effect gets worse if you run too many AI and it overloads your CPU.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

100% agree on how reactive to setup changes cars in this sim are, whilst still retaining their baseline characteristics cars with alot of adjustible parameters in the setup can be tuned so nicely to you needs and preferences, sometimes not even for the purpose of laptimes, just to make the drive more enjoyable, or for finding the sweetspot that suits your prefered driving style

• Agree Agree x 1