1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

That could explain some of pretty disappointing trash-ish feeling I got trying to run TT in the F-Reiza after latest "update" - as I reported above.
    But none of us know for sure that you are right that a TT session now starts with a green track.

ByTheWay: Your point that it would (only) make sense if TT was run on optimal track state I can fully agree on :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you feel when you run a normal weekend..?

3. psone

psone Guest

hmmm when and why was the option to bind TC removed? That seems like a sizeable step backwards.

For me the changes made to the ICM are not really an improvement. Its as unintuitive as it was before.

Why is Brake Bias the first thing I have access to when I can bind that? It's nice that it, fuel map and request pitstop are on the first page but, so should TC, ABS and ARB particularly TC since it can no longer be bound. I really think it would be much better with all of those functions on one TAB not as a sub menu and then all the strategy stuff on another.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, have not read all messages yet, but I do have a real problem:
    Before the update I drove in Time Trial Mode at Snetterton 300 with the P3 Rocco001: 01:431xx
    After the update I tried again. Result: 01:53xxx
    Resettet to default setup, than loaded my Leaderboard setup.
    What happend here and why?
    Have to try other combinations to see if more has changed...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably these two changes:
    In time trial, the track status is green, and the Roco had more tire grip in earlier versions.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Time Trial is not green - just run a few laps in test day vs TT and the difference in grip levels should be evident.

We´re investigating whether some of the LT changes may have detracted from the TT grip preset, but no evidence of it so far in back-to-back testing.

Keep in mind the physics modifications may have an impact on performance of specific cars - the Puma P052 is obviously much slower now, and the Roco likewise has been affected by the tire change. Other cars shouldn´t have large performance gains or losses, but we´ll still review any that people feel like has fallen below what was possible in old versions, and adjust the TT boards accordingly if that´s the case.

Generally speaking, while we welcome everyone to kindly report the problems as you may perceive it (performance loss in TT in this case), please let us investigate what the source of the problem may be and rectify it if needed - avoid jumping to conclusions (performance in TT is lower because track is now green), these hunches are seldom helpful to diagnosing issues and once people attatch to the idea of problem X being a thing there is no changing their minds :)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm that with the Rocco I'm on P2 in this combination, but now I'm a lot slower than before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Puma P052 on Nordschleife and 24h of Nurburgring need cleansing though as they are nearly a minute slower now.

9. Renato Simioni

Right so those two I already mentioned as having undergone substantial physics changes that may have made it slower (certainly so in the car of P052 and by design) - the course of action in these cases is to either further revise the physics (in case the updates were at least partially ill considered), or if the update is sound and times with old physics have truly gone out of reach, reset the TT boards for that particular car.

We´ll start a couple of topics where people can report on that kind of TT issue specifically, and another for AI performance discrepancy reports as we can´t do much with vague reports of AI inconsitency (need to know what car / track combo was used, AI settings and track conditions the inconsitency was perceived) - if you guys can be bothered to file the report with enough information, we´ll make sure to look into it :)

• Like Like x 8
  10. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We have a TT competition in our community where we ride a combination for 14 days to compete, now the update has poured some oil under our wheels ... :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Please can someone tell me if people are actually setting up these so called slippery cars?

:)

Even the BMW someone mentioned it wasn't too bad and it's like that in other titles. Not my fave anyway. But Porsche cup definitely worse. But broke my own rule and didn't set it up.

Can go over a big list of excellent setups and many defaults/track combos simply not possible 2 patches ago. And I am tuning out slippy cars VERY easily but remember I tune for track not overall. And of course setups function as you might expect these days. Can really dial it down to nuts and bolts nuance.

This update is a gold star. I doubt any SIM title leapt forward at much as this title did in two months... And remember how eventful 2020 was and race rooms shock revival.. Most cars compare favourable to race room and ACC where applicable. And asetto corsa. Rfactor2 I place in a different column.

Way I see it, right, the close rival is raceroom and this title just surpassed it on a technical level for driving. Rf2 can't be compared as they kind of cheat and software issues.

Cars can glide over ALL the track now, light steering, it's tactile without losing detail and at first I thought it too slippy myself but then I realised my old ams2 habits.

Jump in race room and I guarantee it's slippy as heck too. But when you guide the car that's when it's different. Same with rf2. Cars "slip" right off the track if you let them.

So my suggestion is to lower your force feedback for non open wheelers while picking different brake points and corner entry techniques.. And dial the setup in as it's worth it.... Where you accelerate is more important than ever now. Way better inertia feel... That's readily apparent on custom version 45. And default too. On custom MP4 96 pc... GT3...60ish... V10 100pc.. sigma 63, V8 75pc. Etc

Sounds counter intuitive but the game just got way more intricate and elegant at the same time. More layered and detailed and consistent.

Maybe I explained it wrong but the less ffb the better. Car steering should be fairly light most of the time. Such as why 1.1.1 you can glide all over the road. Don't be afraid to lift suspension height etc...telemetry is a great tool in game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BrunoB

Thanks for responding Renato.:)

At least I didnt jump to the conclusion that TT tracks was now suddenly green after the upd.;)

But the reason I opened my mouth about the F-Reiza deroute is because I really loved this car before the "update".
    And to the contrary of some of the posters who cannot feel any changes I SOLELY have run TT sessions with this car. Both because of its former behaviour - but ofcourse also because I can see the pretty positive LB results of my mastering of this car.:D

I guess that if you isnt able to constantly keep the car up on the sharp knife edge of tire/tarmac adhesion then you will probably not be able to feel any subtle change in the cars tm/physics.

The only thing I can report is that when I after setup reset + rebuilding is trying to run the car then the front of the car looses much more grip than before in both mid and high speed corners.:mad:
    This change has probably nothing to do with diff changes because its both corners with almost full throttle but also corners where I before this upd could keep full control of the car via modulating the throttle.
    This "playing with the throttle" thing is almost impossible now both because of the front grip thing - but also because the former joyfull anticipating (and throttle controlling) of the slight oversteer slide in mid/high speed corners have been changed to some abrubt ("digital") grip to nogrip sequence.:(

ByTheWay: Im not posting this because I want to sound "smart" and expert-ish but honestly because if this issue cannot be solved ("reset") then at least for me it will be a gamechanger.
    As a proof of my almost 100% admiration of the FORMER F-Reizas (and F -V10-G1) physics you can easily find the lot of posts from me about the positive difference between AMS2 and almost all other racing sims.:p

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Renato Simioni

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. BrunoB

15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

First you blunty and rudely had a go at the devs and now you are saying people don't drive on the limit like you so they don't know what they are talking about bla bla..

Last night I read what you said about being in the top 3 across the LB and that the car is now trash and undrivable.. It was 3am so I got out of bed, jumped in this car which I havent driven for more than 10 min in total 12 months ago and went to Silverstone which I also haven't driven as I drive the historical version and pretty much matched your pb (13th btw) on my first run with only using the default setup... You mentioned this car is now 1 second slower and undrivable trash..

BS. Nothing wrong with it.. Something may have changed but to say it's trash..

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni
    Hi Renato, one question, is it possible to have the ability to set custom TTs?
    Or if it is possible to have them in the future?
    Like setting your own private server, with its respective Time Trial?
    Thank you
    Miky

17. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If I only run default setups when these updates arrive and state to reset defaults on certain cars do I need to or is that only if default has been changed? Asked same question and got response from good source on RD but wanting to confirm here. Absolutely loving the update and most notably the G40 Cup.

18. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried increasing the Steering lock in the car setup from 25 to max 28 for me makes a big difference?
    I really wish somebody among the sound guys could find some time and look into the sound balance of the Porsches.
    The Gt3 and GT4 kerb sounds are barely audible compared to all other cars launched before while the two Carrera cars are much lower(pls guys do not tell me I can tweak the sounds in sound control panel because, I know I can, is not something I am willing to mess with and mess sound balance for all other cars just for the Porsches).
    Also the M1 Procar has no sound when going over the kerbs.
    I reported these bugs in 14th November last year!

Anyway really pleased here of the dev of the game, really like the new Ginettas, also I am really happy the sound balance for both is good.

19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The release notes say...
    • Improved FFB damping function: it´s now non-linear with very little effect in small /slow steering inputs, more on really fast & bigger inputs
    Does that mean we now need to change the Fanatec DD wheel FFB Linearity [LIN] to off or on??

20. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AJR Left front brake not responding to heatup, stays cold all the time AJRCapture.PNG

• Informative Informative x 2