1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 January 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 31, 2021.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! I will give it a try whenever I can and possibly record the whole experience to report it back in the proper AI topic.

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

i can hold my former "pace" (i know that i am not the fastest guy) with gen3 model 2 f. e. 1.12.xx in spielberg modern or 1.36.xx in kansai. following your advice and lowering the ffb for model 3 helped a lot (1.12 in spielberg and 1.37 in kansai). but with model 1, nothing helps. lowered the ffb, but the car handling still feels stiff and in corners, the car tends to slip to the outside what did not happen that way before the update. and when i decrease ffb too much, i lose the feeling for the track surface. instead of 1.36 in kansai i can only do a high 1.37 now.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats your problem right there. I always start at the back and try to make my way to the front. I dont race at 120%, but I never touch the setup either. I just wanna race, not tinker.

4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I fear you still didn’t understand what Renato wrote. It’s nice that you informed us what YOU want and YOU feel, but not everyone shares your opinion. There are also a lot of guys who prefer singleplayer races against AI or already enjoy the sim in its current state and simply want more content (tracks, cars).
    So it’s NOT “nicer for EVERYONE if the core of a simulation would be made suitable for a league...”.
    Maybe AMS2 will make us ALL happy, but it will of course takes some time...;)

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

I dont want to derail this thread - but I just thought that the output from SimHub was only to be seen on a secondary monitor/phone.
    Is it also possible to watch it on the main monitor?

ByTheWay: My personal oppinion is that the telemetry within AMS2 does completely destroy any imersion - beside its disturbence of ones driving view. :mad:

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think this is a known "bug" and will be corrected in the next hotfix. It was better before.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I have never used driving aids, ever. What exactly is the problem with the car? I'm not going to pretend I know the car as well as you--it was just coincidence that I had just driven it. It felt as-expected to me, but I am happy to pay attention to particular traits if there are ones that need attention.

8. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I think we all understand just fine what Renato said, so there's no need to poke the "you still don't understand" stick at anyone. What you appear to not understand is that we all say what we want as individuals - none of us speak for the collective. I am a member of a league that would like to expand into AMS2, but it's really not there yet in a number of ways, and what was trying to be got across by Robert is that the online side, and in particular league racing, will not take off until improvements are made. I do a lot of practice against AI opponents for rF2 league races, so AI is important to me too, but only for a good result in a league race against humans, and this is my perspective, which may or may not be shared.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Chaps, I don't think all this he said/she said is a case of the loudest hinge is going to get the oil.. might as well settle down and relax a bit. The pace of progress has been fairly meteoric considering the challenges facing us all right now, so I'm sure all realistic improvements and features will be forthcoming. In the meantime, I dont know about where you live but there's f all else to do but wait over here ;)

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

i was talking about the car compared to it's behaviour before the update: on straights, it feels much stiffer now (excuse my english), wheel weight is heavier. in corners, the rear now feels lighter and the car tends to slip and then overreacts at exits. with this model, i have set some decent times in leaderboards (must not say anything, maybe only mediocre drivers have set times) which i could do repeatedly. since the update, these times are out of reach with this model.

edit:
    edit: torque curve and brake bias have been changed according to renato's notes, obviously has a huge effect on my driving with this model. baseline grip levels in tt have been altered, too, as he stated in an other thread (there will be a hotfix for that).

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Yes. You can either put modules on a transparent "page" that will stay in the foreground or you can do a full dash the size of your screen, put modules in or even put a full hud replacement (like in RaceRoom) and have said page display on any screen or even an ODB40 display. The requirement to have a dash on game screen though is to play in Borderless Windowed, so if you can take the small performance loos, then go for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

MP focus Discussion:
    Example (AMS1) what we're actually talking about League Racing

Do you really want to do without that? Or exchange it for AI racing?

Sorry, but that's is exactly what we "live" for, fight for, an wait for in AMS2 ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any news about the "Historical Trackpack part 1" It seems lost?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to say I love that vid, great racing, great commentory! On the subject of the disscussion thats been going on, I think Reiza are doing a fanatastic job, I think MP & SP are equally important, and at the rate things are going we'll see both at a very high standard in not too much time, obviously from Renato's post they are doing all they can, as quick as possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Oh its AMS1.
    I thought it was AMS2 but couldnt se the mandatory wobling of the cars - so I thought what what?

ByTheWay: Exciting video and extremely clean driving. At least in the part I watched.:D

16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Thanks for the info.
    The reason I have stayed out of this hud thing until know is to keep my sims installs simple.
    Both to up my fps and graphics on my ancient PC - but also to stay out of sudden IT trouble :rolleyes:
    The mentioned thr/brake display could be cool - but not so urgent that I will change the screen mode.

17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am missing it, too! :(
    I just hope that we get a surprise at anytime:), and not too far away in future....

18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL.. Good things happen to those who wait :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Super simple to get a second phone and free SimHub install and run any dash on that with an un noticed performance hit.
    You'll love SimHub so much that you will buy the full version just to support the developer ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The subtle differences between the G40 Cup & G40 GT5 Just make this a joy to drive in its slighty different but certainly noticeable flavours! I really do think this thing is an absoloute gem!

• Agree Agree x 1