1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

One day I hope Reiza give us LMP 900.. Love those beasts..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

That's the only option to adjust in Drivetrain....:)
    How much do you suggest?

3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure, but first this is needed! :)
    Rc9f545b42b1de4b5ebadcbd3b81176e7.jpg 927f148dd73e25d33bddae42692255a7.jpg 2150071845d1e091429428949c35cc1f.jpg b65cf4a7ebc5eea5f2c470e1cf7bfe93.jpg
    And this, of course.
    R5db8c8a4d3886e5c9766353bcbe3c9fc.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, unfortunately, clutches are the only way to change something with Group A and M1 in AMS2. I would just say, play around with it. Maybe 4-6 at a good starting point. The more clutches you apply, the more lock you will get from the differential, you could imagine it like a "multiplier".

The M1 and Group A have a lot of corner inside tire fire out of corners to begin with in their state right now (power application), so increasing clutches will probably have more effect on the off-throttle-into-corners side (coast/brake application) and additionally improve the driving experience on throttle.^^

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Coanda

I wonder if we will get the hotfix tonight...

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Coanda

I wonder why the "Player Grid Position" options are under Opponent settings and not Race settings.. :confused:

7. Coanda

Curious... Why is this one named "Rocco 001"..? All the other P3's are named Team # x and Roco now has two C's..

ams2_P3_Roco_Car_Select.jpg

8. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Because it's the grid position related to the opponents :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Good question! It was correct previously.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Coanda

True. After thinking further about what you said you are right. It makes sense..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It happens when certain parameters ranges have been adjusted: for instance an update changed the min tire pressure? Then if you reset to default correctly and load your old setup it will show the new minimum pressure (for example 1.20 bar) rather than the old value (for example 1.10 bar).

12. Ettore

Or maybe the improvements to the differential on a given update making older setups obsolete/not working properly. Happened to me already...

13. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I can't see how you can experience this, I've put in over 400hrs and AMS2 was at the top of my list, good ffb, physics, feel etc.
    I change nothing, run default setups and authentic.
    Now I dont even want to turn it on it feels so far from reality.
    Wash out front, snapping rear, mid and slow speed.
    High speed drifting everywhere.
    You can't trail brake without some kind of weird effect in the physics.
    Just so bouncy, loose and eager to kill you.
    I mean some cars can't even drive in a straight line, or even at 5 tenths.
    Its not my equipment or me, the only thing that has changed are the updates.
    How can people be saying its the best its been?
    Its nowhere even close to being the best its been for me infact its totally gone.
    What cars are you driving?
    Settings etc?
    I've never driven a car that even feels close to how AMS2 feels at this point.
    Drive the stock car 2020 or Porsche cup car or GT4 any or the DTM, if your telling me thats how a car drives even remotely close to real life then I give up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

But the reason I called it fishy is that even if you absolutely dont reset anything but load one of the former/older setups then the values in the parameters you does mention is automagically ;)changed after an update.
    Without user (moi:p) intervention.
    Thats the reason I most of the times have been silently amused when I can see how urgent it is to delete ALL the former/old setups when a new upd has been launched.:D

ByTheWay: Personally I have never deleted older setups. Only once where I posted my experience afterwards after comparing driving with a new resat setup vs driving with an old setup with the same parameters. No obvious difference in car feeling. Or laptimes ;)

15. Coanda

@Simmo99x - I think I now understand what you mean regarding the washed out front end.. I received two or three 256kb updates over the past two days.. What were they..? I believe they did impact the grip feel..

After revisiting some of my go to cars (G58, F3, GT1) as I have mainly been driving the P3 this past day or two (kinda for the first time) the Porsche GT1 at Spa and F3 at Goiania feels a lot different. I also recently drove the Formula Reiza at Silverstone (I think on Tuesday) and now that feels a little different too. The Steering is lighter for sure.. I don't dislike it. I just need to drive it more.

I think @tlsmikey explains it well here as if it feels like the front tyres are sliding over the tarmac: Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED!

My head is absolute junk this week as I have been sick as a dog so I am a little bit confused about it all.. :confused:

One thing I have always found a little exaggerated on some vehicles is the ffb effect that the downshifts produce..

My DD2 Settings:

FF - 80%
    NDP - 5-15%
    NFR - 0-5%
    INT - 3
    LIN - Off
    FOR - 100%
    DPR - 0%

GAIN - 42-44%
    LFB - 27%
    FX - 5-10%
    DAMPING - 45%

Add: Tested the Merc GT3 at Nurburgring. Different from what I remember (don't drive GT3 in AMS2 cause of 1k+ hours in ACC = bored) however it felt ok..

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  16. Ettore

I think the changes to tires have moved a bit things around. It's not about FFB which remains very detailed. It's about the level of grip and that has been changed in a number of ways: tire walls, tread and sensitivity to temperatures on top of track grip (when driving on a test day your track is going to have quite less grip for a number of laps now).
    My personal opinion is that probably all these things are part of a process of re-calibration of the overall grip in many different conditions that may not be completed yet, so I would wait to judge the direction the sim is going until more updates consolidate all of the parameters that Reiza is fiddling with...

• Like Like x 3
  17. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On a positive note I have not experienced the loss of FFB since the latest release. Hope I have not cursed myself but plenty of hours with the new release and all good so far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Coanda

@Ettore - Nicely put. That makes sense to me..

I like the extra little counter steer movements required trying to feel the grip..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  19. Ettore

I did some 80+ laps today with Porsche GT1 at Suzuka and to me it is evident that now after the updates longitudinal actions on the tires decrease a whole lot the lateral grip not quite like iracing but in a similar fashion. Happens when you try to trail braking into a corner like T1 at Suzuka but happens also when you are applying the throttle out of the right hander that brings you back to the start/finish and the rear of the car is all over the place and much worse it is enough to downshift (before Degner 2 for example) to run out of lateral grip more often than not.
    I have to apologize for my previous wrong statement, but looking at the telemetry auto-blip is still there, so it's not the culprit either for the rear stepping out during downshifts.
    Personally I think right now the longitudinal actions are sucking away too much lateral grip.
    What is worse is that as the tires wear out the car gets much more erratic, so you have to slow down and slowing down you end up in cold tires territory (below 80C) with the front tires so even more ploughing under braking goes on.
    The car becomes very unpredictable and you don't really know how it will behave next corner: it may understeer under braking or oversteer when you downshift or even both and you don't know what to expect. Under power it is also more squirrely but not excessively.
    I must say that FFB is really great: in those 5-7 laps when the tires are not trolling you, it feels absolutely amazing and as @Coanda is saying you can really control the slides if you are seriously pushing it. You can really feel everything that happens on the tarmac.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Coanda

I am not complaining about the new grip feeling. I have not driven enough this week to make my mind up and I have not done any long runs like you.. From what I can tell the car moves around more. Not violently. For sure you have to pay more attention which maybe is a good thing because I always thought some of the cars felt too planted straight out the gate and the lap times represented that too.

That is what I am feeling.. Raceroom has a lot of FFB settings and if you set it up in a particular way it kind of reminds of that.

I tend to agree.. Tracks like Bathurst really highlight this. Maybe something in between what we had and what we have now for this scenario would be good..