1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I just did a steam integrity check and it downloaded 167 mb.. I wonder what that is. Everything feels fine.. :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Originally I was preparing an upcoming race at Bathurst and I had to abandon it and try and get to terms with the car in different environment to understand what gives with the new tires. At Bathurst I couldn't drive it. :(

3. Coanda

Good to see the Porsche GT1 not pulling left on the Kemmel straight.. :cool:

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully we get a revamp of the camera angles in replays in a update soon, if that is all we get for a little while i'll be happy. I really want the camera to stay on the car a bit longer after its past to listen to it dissapear and down shift into corners. ATM the camera jumps around to much not
    I had crashes when loading certain cars in certain tracks, did a integrity check, found 4 files missing and all good now.
    Main release only.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coanda

Something wierdo just happened to me. Going down into ER in the GT1 there was a little touching with one of the Ai cars beside me. When this happened I lost all FFB. I then exited and went to a test day and still no FFB. Game restart fixed it. Never had that one before..

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Coanda

P1 G58 still feels great. Probably my favourite car..

Can't do those times out the gate anymore which I think is a good thing. Now the Ai and I are on very similar pace at the beginning of the 60 min session. Mid 2:10's. They finish up on high 2:08's. Once ER is sorted for them I don't think I can match them at this skill level with the default setup.

Add: The MetalMoro's at 120% are doing 2:02's early in the session which is on WR time although I suspect those older LB times can't be matched now..

Nice one.. :cool:

Next test: Formula V10 Gen 2 at Bathurst as previously before it was near impossible to put that thing in the wall even if I tried my hardest on the out lap and with TC off(?) (100%)..

7. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Presume as we haven’t heard from you, you managed to put it in the wall and are on your way to hospital!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Coanda

nah I went to the pub.. those were the days.. :confused:

I tried to paint the walls but couldn't.. :D

It's probably a touch more tail happy than I remember it. Lateral tyre load feels a little less. Maybe the default setup is very safe.. Maybe (as some have suggested) TC off is not fully off.. Maybe downforce is king.. Maybe I have no clue how to go sideways..

maybe.. maybe.. maybe..

Dunno.. Who here has driven a early 2000's F1 car..? :p

Still a fun car to drive.. :cool:

9. Coanda

I can't get anywhere near my three GT1 time trial times at Bathurst with my existing setups.

It doesn't bother me however I suspect the LB may need to be reset. I think I will claw some time back with setup adjustment however I cant see myself getting all that time back with the lower grip we have today. For me it is not a few tenths and more closer to 1.5-2 seconds..

Anyone know who "The Nemisis 69" is because he has a lot of WR's and it would be interesting to get his thoughts.. Is that you @nemesis ?

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know him personally, but he is a driver on eSports level. 5th in the euro Shadow competition. So "true" alien grade.^^

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Coanda

I like that.. :cool:

If this guy can't touch all his records it's fairly safe to say they need a reset..

12. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a fairly long standing known issue. See the Reiza post about it.

13. Coanda

Thanks. Isn't that for custom ffb files..?

14. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, the underlying issue can happen with both default and custom (I've had it with both, and indeed with default on the current version) although based on stuff Reiza has said it seems possible that the likelihood of it happening could increase with more complicated FFB scripts. Reiza have added the "doom check" or an equivalent to default (before that FFB would get stuck pulling to the right with maximum strength) and mentioned it on that post so custom FFB creators would know about it and could add it too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coanda

That would explain the ffb switch off. I think briefly our tyres touched. It's a tricky one because tyres can touch and it wouldn't be fun being in the middle of a long race and then the ffb turns off..

Maybe they can figure out how to switch it back on after the triggered event..

Anyway it's not such a big deal for me..

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whats this now! Stop getting me so excited, I love Reiza updates, make my day! My God has my life come to this? Yup, it has. Who cares, love it!

17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just a note on the FFB loss issues - as explained in previous posts, this is a paliative measure for the bug that previously caused the wheel to pull hard to one side; a proper solution to the bug is still being pursued, we hope to have some developments here for our next major update later this month.

A smaller hotfix is currently undergoing beta testing and it should roll into release soon.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.1.1.1 is now live- this is a hotfix to complement our latest release with some further improvements & corrections.

V1.1.1.1 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Reverted track base grip & range to pre v1.1.1.0 values (corrects Time Trial grip levels being slightly lower in the last release)
    • Track rubber state is now reset if session starts wet
    • Fixed race length being overwritten by active session length when sending MP Lobby data
    • Removed redundant / pre-release folders for livery overries
    • Fixed AI being limited to host´s car class in servers with high player:ai ratios.

UI & HUD
    • Fixed incorrect drive axle data on session on loading screen
    • Minor German localization adjustments

PHYSICS & FFB
    • Various minor default differential & suspension adjustments for all cars (setup reset recommended)
    • Slightly raised brake cooling rates
    • Reduced slick water dissipation further reduces slick efficiency on a wet track)
    • Increased drafting air scale (slightly increases drafting effects for all cars)
    • Raised F-Reiza FFB max force scale

AI
    • Fixed bug causing AI to be excessively slow in first session of a race weekend
    • Further fine tuning of aggression scalars per car
    • Further AI performance callibration passes
    • Further AI rain performance callibration with both wet & slicks
    • Reduced ARC Camaro AI CoG height to minimise chances of it rolling over high curbs
    • Added corner-specific AI performance adjustments: +10% exit of T8 @ Adelaide Modern; +5% exit of second last & last corners @ Spielberg GP; +10% Exit of Stowe @ Silverstone 91 +10% Entry of Luffield1 @Silverstone 91 +10% Exit of chicane @ Silvestone 75; -10% Exit of Luffield @ Silverstone Modern; +10% Exit of Oak Tree hairpin & exit of final corner at VIR Full / Grand +10% Radillon & -5% Exit of Stavelot @ Spa

AUDIO
    • Fixed missing gearbox grinding sound for some manual cars that were missing it

TRACKS
    • Nurburgring: Minor art & functionality pass
    • Imola: Minor art & functionality pass; revised AI paths & trackside cameras
    • Goiania: Updated AI paths
    • Spa-Francorchamps: Added DRS boards at detection & activation points
    • More drones moves/removed at various tracks

VEHICLES
    • F-Vintage Gen 1&2: Added dirt / scratch map
    • Brabham BT26: Added dirt / scratch map; fixed rear wing livery overlap
    • Puma GTE: Added 3 new liveries
    • Ginetta G40 Cup: Updated liveries #10 #20
    • ARC Camaro: adjusted driver position, edited the cockpit to have more room for the driver feet, detached cockpit gear shifter

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's r-a-a-a-a-a-a-cing time!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mike Martik

Mike Martik New Member

Unable to connect with error: Steam App not subscribed
    Nice update

• Agree Agree x 1