1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

You shouldn't be driving on the grass then;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Always have tyre temp low in wet/very wet conditions after 1 lap, setup and driving make little difference, though grip is not too poor in blue /light blue. spinning up on /off track gets them up but they soon drop. Is it possible whilst driving at full pace to have scaled up wet temps (your end) to maintain a slightly higher temp? Ai tyres seem optimal at all times in wet.
    (skill and agg seems v/good in classes I drive)

Any thoughts on wets temps pls:)

Q If a session online or single has all assists off does this affect in any way the AI performance or setup?/scaling, I would think not but a confirm pls.
    When you have time of course:)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Bound the 7th gear but still shows button 18.
    Since we have 7th and 8th gear now can we have extra gear up and down? *puppy eyes*

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Can you comment on the discussion about how pressures don't seem to directly effect temps?

Also trying to make tyre widgets with inner, middle and outer temps has incorrect temps shown when using the UPD shared memory! Do you have any plans to change how and what is being sent and how? I'm still a little confused by the whole shared memory thing but it seems the Madness way doesn't work to give some correct readings. Also while your there (if you do actually go there) please add all info available on the HUD to the information available to SimHub like KERS,DRS, lights, ABS, TC and all flags and more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with @2ndLastJedi about the telemetry, I just started messing with SimHub and was able to basically add everything I wanted to except for DRS status which isn't supported yet. I think it makes sense that as new vehicles are added with additional features (like adjustable TC and ABS level) we'll eventually see it added to the telemetry output.

However, current gear maxes out at 7 currently (even on 1.1.1.3).

6. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for activating the lights and wipers for the G40 Cup. I'm not sure the AI calibration passes have affected this class in any positive way though, it still feels like there's a 10% discrepancy between their set skill and their actual skill (ie set AI difficulty at 95% and they race like its 105%). At 95% you can make a few places on them in lap one, but somewhere in lap two they magically gain unmatchable grip and speed and leave you in the dust. Setting AI to 85% gives a race more in line with 95% in most other classes. I'm fully aware that AI calibration is ongoing across the game at this stage, I merely offer this observation as a data point to help refine it.

As an aside, I downloaded the latest ACC DLC. There's so much to like about that game: the perfection of the track and car audiovisuals, the completeness of the representation and simulation for the two classes it represents, the polish of the UI, the lighting and weather implementation, the fast loading, the obvious commitment and openness of Kunos etc etc. But at the end of the day I just don't gel with the driving feel, and the game's performance makes my computer cry (and its horrific antialiasing makes me cry). Switching back to the same tracks and cars in AMS2 feels like a relief.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I echo some of those thoughts. Grabbed the GT4 DLC last night for ACC and entered a Championship. The game really nails the 'race weekend' feel. I was well immersed, and felt a responsibility manage my machine across each session with full damage and limited tyre sets etc. Overall, it looks great, is tight and well polished - as it should for a mature product.

But for the driving experience... I had to switch to the aggressive setup to get anything out of the cars at all still never got a feeling of 'approaching' the limit. I seemed to be either nowhere near it or just passed it.

So I learned to stay just below said limit and belted out consistent lap after lap - and was pretty successful. It just felt a bit easy (considering I'm not that good) and lacked the exhilaration of being on the knife's edge of grip.

AMS2 already does this significantly better.
    Once it polishes up (and it will!), it will be the absolute beez neez of the genre.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

I'm falling in love with this amazing sim month after month. I know there is a lot of work to be done, but ... hey, it's a long-term project and I can't wait for March to arrive too (what's the surprise ?!)

Thanks Reiza for the effort you put into it every day, especially in this period. Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

I agree about most of your comment other than the AA, I use TAA Epic in ACC and it works rather well and I really REALLY wish it came to AMS2 as an option to fix the terrible shimmer that comes in at night time and with the only minimal performance hit of TAA I (others) could gain performance by switching off MSAA.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Touching graphics side of the engine in this “early” days would be brave move I guess. The issues with other sides has priority over them.
    While you all mentioning about ACC; the difference between track rubbering visuals are either exaggerated on ACC or kept simple on AMS2. Because I see black painted corners in ACC but with AMS2 I only depend the racing line with a little of darkened area.

11. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Would this have had a substantial impact on grass as well? Was attempting to race at Brands Hatch tonight, which used to be one of my favorite tracks, but now if one tire has the least amount of contact with the grass it's an immediate 720+ degree spin. Switched to Virginia--had a screw up and got into the grass and literally could not get back out of it.

Was driving the McLaren GT3.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

i have always found the grass in most sims to be a bit overboard in terms of lack of traction. feels more like ice .
    its grass and dirt so it should still have some friction.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tja
    Thats interesting, I use TAA epic in ACC and find it absolutely awful, so blurry everywhere. I have to up the in-game sharpness / supersampling to 150% to get clear looking gfx and then it tanks performance even on my RTX 3090.

Do you not get the blur from TAA?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. 2ndLastJedi

I play at 5760x1080 (so 1080p resolution over 3 screens and resolution scale at 110%) and find the blur so much more exceptable than the jaggies from anything less than TAA epic. I even used TAA when I played at 4k on a single 4k screen. Honestly the blur isn't even bad imo.
    I'm not asking for TAA to replace the current AA options but rather an option for those who prefer a slightly blurred image instead of the crazy shimmer jaggies of any other option.

15. 2ndLastJedi

IMG_20210213_185326.jpg

16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I think people are maybe confusing their personal experiences of driving on grass with the reality of race cars on grass. There is a genuine difference in traction between an everyday all weather tyre driving on grass at 10 mph and a track focussed tyre hitting grass at much higher speeds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am running at 1600p native resolution and still find it terrible. If I turn AA off the graphics are clear as but as you would expect the jaggies are just horrendous. I dont mind KTAA to get rid of the ghosting but I think there are more jaggies than TAA. I much prefer the AMS 2 graphics and yes even with MSAA maxxed out there are a few jaggies here and there but I would rather have that that the smearing blur of TAA, it looks blah in codies F1 series as well, maybe not as bad as ACC though.
    TAA could be an Interesting option in AMS2 if it allows DLSS to run.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’ve no doubt it’s a sharp loss of grip, but I’ve witnessed plenty of times a race car has gone of into the grass with a long run off and once they have scrubbed of some speed they are able to gas it up and rally out,
    But these sims seem to behave more like wet grass, which is very much like ice.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. 2ndLastJedi

Shadows being SO low resolution in AMS2 are probably the most pressing issue when it comes to cleaning up AMS2 graphics. If Reiza are able to increase the shadow resolution I think AMS2 will look fantastic during the day, but there is still the night time shimmer that is very apparent on the cars in front from the player headlights.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's always been like that and Renato has said he likes it that way.

In other news, the Group A tyre fix seems to have helped and the M3 no longer slops the back around in slow corners. Still tricky to drive but at least it feels enjoyable now. Need to do a race test to see if the tyres behave well in longer runs. Yet another move in the right direction, plus all the other cars I tried felt fantastic too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2