1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding smearing. I get some ghosting or so during overcast/night. I see it often on standstil objects, like the corner-markers; the text would be briefly blurry, but I also see it on taillights of cars ahead of me etc. When it's day and such the game is perfectly fine. Perhaps it's my monitor or so or the overdrive.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lol, hadn't noticed those Atari like blocky shadows before

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Have you noticed this before The way the shadows flicker across the track when set to morning or afternoon?
    1066890_20200406224220_1.png

This would have to be the biggest graphical issue imo in the Madness engine!! If they can clean this up i and many many people will be so super happy with the way AMS2 looks that i for one would let the night time shimmer pass if this was not visible anymore. It is so bad on some tracks it is hard to see the corner coming :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sergio Rafael Lemke

Sergio Rafael Lemke New Member

Yeah agree, the shadows look like a handsaw, I fully disabled shadows for now as this may look better (and get some performance). Another one that returns performance is track map/reflections, ultra is probably overkill as the cars are not christmas balls.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm with the two aussie boys here.. Shadow enhancement would be very much welcomed in AMS2. I suspect they were this way for consoles. Stupid consoles...

I drove Nurburgring in AMS2 and ACC last night. AMS2 looks better to me. I agree with F1Aussie to make ACC look nice you need minimum 150% resolution scale on 1080p.

TAA blur annoys me too. In ACC I now use High AA instead of Epic as I get slightly less blur. KTAA helps too however you get a few more jaggies. F1 2019 was a blurry mess however I think 2020 handles TAA much better. It's easier to run DSR/SS with F1 2020 as it is a far less demanding than ACC.

The performance I get out of AMS2 is great. Plenty of overhead to push those shadows more.. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Resetting Setups to Default required?

7. Sergio Rafael Lemke

Sergio Rafael Lemke New Member

Yeah after AMS2 'clear' graphs it's really difficult to not see how blurry ACC is, in the other hand ACC has less jaggies. And I think it will be like this, less blur, more jaggies. But ams2 has really a clear image, the same amount of clarity on ACC(AA off - anything not off makes it look blurry compared to ams2) makes ACC have much more jaggies (I tested), I use both in 4k.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, but the changelog recommends to do so with the following cars:

• Like Like x 2
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As almost any time I see this "requirement" I just try to load a non-reset setup - and just check out if some params has been altered.
    If yes then I consider the setup auto-resat.
    If no I consider it as none of the update things does interfeer with my custom setups.
    :D

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I have noticed that. The thing that irks me the most at night is these dark shadows / blocks that show up on the tracks at intervals. This was also an issue with the project cars series. Have you noticed them?

11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

No, the change exclusively afffects tire adhesion vs water.

It´s not a matter of personal preference :) There is actual studies behind sliding friction coeficients for tires over various types of surfaces and that´s what we go by - it´s pretty equivalent to what we always used already since AMS1. Race tires are slippery over grass exhibit 1 & exhibit 2.

What may sometimes vary from track to track is how smooth or bumpy the grass and gravel actually is - we were a bit on the bumpy side at first and made them more "modern smooth" since, but as far as grip levels go it´s not a particularly subjective topic.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Recommended for the cars noted in the changelog - that´s what you should keep an eye out for (with distinctions between "required" and "recommended", the latter not being essential nor necessarily disturbing functionality of older setups).

With this said, having now covered some fairly extensive physics revisions that have been ongoing over the past couple of months, physics to the extent that setups are concerned should remain a lot more stable and thus hopefully resetting setups won´t be necessary in the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I've done that move at Oulton in the game in several different cars with exactly the same result. It's what makes that bend so thrilling...knowing that you if you put half a tire off, you're finished, but to go quickly you need to be right up to the edge there.

Same issue at my local track, Mosport, except there you are cresting a hill at the same time. Ranked as one of the best corners in all of motorsport. If you can just keep driving around the corner with only two wheels on the track like a console game, then there is no "sport" or thrill for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Wowaaa that Caterham spin at Oulton.. Is 100% a copy how I spin in AMS 1 & 2. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.. Soo guys.. Both games are the peak of Simracing. :hurrayreiza: AMS 2 can only get better and better, tho. We are in such a era we can simulate real life stuff. Wondering how it will be in 2040 and 2050. If I am still alive.

• Like Like x 2
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is with Buskerud and 125cc karts?
    When driving on curbs, car pulls to cerb-side and lead to get off track or spin.
    OK karts may be more sensitive when riding over curbs but this is a little bit extrem, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anybody know if there is a time scale for track progression, going from 'grren' to 'used'?
    Which does have an influence?

17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The New Update has made some suprurb improvements!

It was'nt a sizable update but boy has it put a smile on my face!

A.I. & Rain are much better but still a bit out of Joint in terms of relative performance in the dry. Everything is going in the right direction.

After what I noticed with the last fix, this new update is all I'd hoped it to be, however I've found a pretty serious bug (one that might just be rearing its head again. Best mind your fingers if you've got a DD wheel!

I made this video to look at A.I. specific parts of the update, which is when I discovered the bug.

Just watch the first few minutes and the last few minutes if you just want the main points in a nutshell without the detail

18. Tarmac Terrorist

If you hav'nt yet try the Copa's! Dunno what you guys did with these new default setups but right on man! The Mclaren 570 GT4 aswell, great stuff!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't say, it's totally spot on, but...well...i was spinning over Kerbs IRL in a low powered rental Kart several times, because they basically mean death, as soon, as you run over them a bit unsettled. ^^'

No offense mate, don't get me wrong, but you could also just summarize it in a few lines of text in your post, it will certainly help to save time for the people, having the task to solve potential huge issues.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Thats why i said don't bother with the whole vid if you just want bullit points