1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed! Some of the thrill wears off though when you see AI unaffected by just touching the grass at the same corner (is their track interaction is not on a per wheel basis like the player?), or putting 4 tyres off and just going full lock and staying in control.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The FTrainer Basic now feels incredibly slippery on the dry tyres, even after they reach 70 C or so. I am easily 7 seconds off my PB at BH Indy. Paradoxically, the wets feel better and I am only 4 seconds off pace with them in dry conditions, although they overheat massively (guess that explains the extra grip). Is this change intended?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm, thats interesting man, im gunna have to go try that combo at some point, F3's and what track was it? I like the F3's! If you're not used to the rain so much then yeah could be exactly that, but would be interesting for me to try out my hand at F3's just to see if they are particularlly difficult cars to handle in the wet, cause that could be a factor aswell.

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I drive Formula Cars most of the time and to me, AI was always too quick in rain compared to their perfomance in dry conditions in former builds. I do not activate changing weather, because my outdated pc suffers from fps drops during transition; so either complete dry or wet race.
    On dry tracks, I could drive circles round the AI in most of the Formula cars , winning by far if I do not shred my car, whilst in rainy races, I had troubles to compete using same AI strength.
    Must confess that I did not test wet races with latest update yet.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I must be slow because I don't see the joke.

Anyway I skipped through the whole video to find the "bug" so Reiza don't have to watch the whole thing if they don't want to. 33:02 is the time it happens. It is a weird one though.

Not sure why it's to much of an issue to tell the time it occurred or it being an insult to ask for a time stamp??

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 2ndLastJedi

33:02 is a long way to wait to find the bug especially for a busy Dev team.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

You kinda had to be there.
    Correct!
    It is.
    Its not.
    Its not.
    What makes you think they have to wait?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Please take this rather ridiculous side conversation elsewhere.

If you want anyone, especially devs, to pay attention to what you have to say, then say it in words. A video as backup is great, but no one with things to do is going to watch a video for an undisclosed amount of time to maybe discover something. 99.5% of the bugs and bug reports are already known to the devs and regular readers here, so if it's something new/different, you need to say what it is or assume it will be ignored (along with the time-and-space-wasting banter about it afterwards).

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Well to be fair im mostly a tin top kinda guy, but i do venture into the open air every now and then, so if I give the open wheelers a go in the wet (especially the powerful ones, i may be dropping down the skill level simply by not being used to them. Having said that I had an absoloute blast last time I went out in the Formula Classics, this was before that last 3 updates and it was dry to wet.
    What I found with the A.I. in the wet is that before V1.1.1.1 they were ok, then with 1.1.1.2 they went weird. And now with 1.1.1.3 they are better than ever! Here's that race if you wanna see

10. 2ndLastJedi

Time waster, I've time stamped the issue and I'm out.

11. Tarmac Terrorist

Right im putting this to bed cause guess what! I don't want to be having this ridiculess conversation either.

I came here to talk about one thing and one thing only. AMS2 update 1.1.1.3. Why do you think i spent half my day making a video about it and making a bug report (yes thats right, when the first assumption was launched at me I was actually in the middle of writing that, its been there since 6.12pm), so Reiza (whom I have nothing but the upmost respect for) had a nice easy way short version of events, with video evidence and a time stamp for their reference.

Seems three of you choose just to assume that thats not something I had thought of doing, without anyone ever simply asking me if I thought to do so.

I contribute here as much as I can, weather that be in text or video format or both. Also the video that has attracted so much negative attention from you three was entitled A.I. Perfomance In The Wet 'AND' A Scary Unexpected Bug.... Because it was'nt ever about the bug, it just happened at the end of the vid, the rest of the vid, infact the bulk of it is about the improved A.I. in the wet! The video was posted here, primarily just for discourse with the users, because I made it for everyone. Its about AMS2, which i'd like to get back to talking about now. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  12. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

I was doing it at Jerez.

I like the F3s just because things don't come at you quite so fast as they do in the F1 cars. Plus since they are slower you can take them to more tracks.

13. Tarmac Terrorist

Yep, im really enjoying the Copa classics at small short tracks for the same reason. MCR S2000's are great in that respect aswell, them at Velopark is a match made in heaven! I've enjoyed the F3's there aswell, great combo! Jerez is a great track, Its wide enough to extend the corners for fast cars, but they are tight enuff corners for slower cars, plus there's plenty of them, and then theres a couple of reasonably large straights for faster machines to stretch their legs on. Its one of those tracks that kinda suits all, if you get what I mean? F Vee I think would be fun at monaco, or R-Trainers

14. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Trainer basic has been a bit of a moving target physics wise. At one stage it went into snap oversteer if you gave it too much steering. That changed, and until the latest patch it went into snap understeer if you gave it too much steering! With the latest patch the snap steer behaviour is gone but the car indeed has significantly less lateral grip than before. Which is not necessarily a bad thing except the AI didn't get the message about this, and as a consequence can get around a track with far greater ease than the player. It'd be nice to see either the lateral grip or the AI adjusted to even things back up. The Trainer Advanced on the other hand is a joy, please don't touch it!

15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Fords do 49-50 second laps at BH Indy, which is close to what they were capable of on AMS2 before. Now those times seem out of reach. While it can be driven around the track, I am not in general a fan of randomly deleting grip from cars for no stated reason and making them way slower than in real life. Especially not ones that so nicely demonstrated the strengths of the tyre model in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Regular F-Trainer will get there in next update. It is wacky right now and should be avoided.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Enjoying the update a lot! I did notice at SPA the track surface prior to start/finish has an odd pattern(like pie shaped cobblestone). I think I noticed at first after last update(SPA art pass) and still present after hot fix. Each lap reappearing at this point. Has anyone else noticed? Very distracting.

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Holy Hot Rods! The DTM BMW, wow! Just had a race with her, damn its so much better!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

I agree with you on this. I think the grip loss is kind of extreme and abrupt, even when you're just briefly skimming the curb at low speed with a rental kart. I think in lesser karts the effect should be more gradual -not that sudden-, well it depends of course on multiple factors such as speed, power, tire condition, etc.
    I find it especially odd at Speedland, a track more suitable for low power karts and one that I have also driven a lot in real life. I've never experienced that hyper extreme grip loss sensitivity just by brushing against a curb. I am not an expert but I feel like the karts are too light in the game... or maybe the tires take too long to reach the optimum temperature? I think I have to do more rigorous tests...
    And guys, don't get me wrong, AMS2 managed to amaze me in their way of making me feel like I drive those karts that I've tried in real life. In 20 years no racing sim has ever done this before, not even those specialized in karting! And IMHO being able to simulate the simplified physics of a kart does speak very well of a developer's capacity to interpret/implement physics in their racing simulator, taking into account that most race cars deal with more complex physics (suspension).
    That's why I think Reiza is one of those few hardhead commited in getting their sh** done... I like them :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Go-Karts are actually indeed also harder to realize, than cars, as far as i know. Exactly because they have no suspension like you mentioned, but the chassis and tires are doing so much in the real world. I also respect every developer, that is able to realize an at least convincing Go-Kart at all for the home PC use. In this case, from the stuff, i tried, only AMS1/2 and Kartkraft actually come amazingly close and go an extra mile even.

• Agree Agree x 3