1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Only one test in version 1.1.1.3 - FV12 in Brands Hatch (24 cars) - The difference between first and last place was less than 0.2s.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This parameter has been temporarily narrowed while all the wet and dry timing stuff is worked out. Hopefully back to a realistic range soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I still have Kartkraft somehow in my library. I once was a beta-tester for them. Free games always awesome. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Use VR - problem solved...:D;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Remember the kartsim pack of rf2? I always used the "slow" input steering. The dor was still 180 (if i remember correctly it was 187) but with "slow" input the sudden change of the wheel was a little less abrupt.

I m looking forward for smth similar here

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I should have mentioned the ridiculous bouncing and shaking while sitting in the pits tuning the kart! Now that is the most annoying thing about the karts then the damage from just being in the kart then the fixed steering wheel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Marc Collins

All these things are true and only mitigated when you drive the karts in PC 2 to see how bad life could be ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

I did enjoy the driving experience of the 2 stroke single speed kart, just you can only drive it once without going to the pits because then you get damage from all the bouncing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, please Reiza put a option to turn off the physics or massively reduce them when parked for all vehicles. They were toned down however not enough.

It's not nice when your wheel chucks a 20+ Nm spaz.. You just can't sit in the pit and take your hands off the wheel. It's dangerous!

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

This is even more annoying if sat in a motion rig,, makes karts pretty unplayable for me ,,kinda like being in a 6.5 earthquake ,,lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We've got sequential adaptor that pops the shifter back to centre. The software provided with Leo bodnar allows you to draw the pattern of the shifter for sequential and h pattern. Also show the adaptor used to work with ams2. It's been an update that things seem to have changed.

12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate I encountered this sort of thing whilst pitting, posted a vid about A.I. in the wet some pages back in this thread now, basically at the end the wheel went mad, had to take my hands off and it was a bit scary. Can PM you the vid if you like, but sounds like what you're talking about

13. 2ndLastJedi

Take the 2 stroke single speed kart to Ortona Kart One do some laps and then pause and return to pits to see the issue.

14. 2ndLastJedi

Why did i just get a "performing first time setup" for AMS2?? This ain't my first play, lol
    Screenshot (837).png

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you share a link of this adapter please?

16. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

i second that request, and go even a bit further. (Plz keep in mind that I talk about driving in vr, so I do not see my wheel with my eyes)

let me explain. A friend of mine took place in my rig, also in vr. He already drove some times this my DD wheel, but not that often. So I told him before going on track in AMS2 „be carefull of the wheel snapping in following situation“ and I told him very clear: I am not joking here, this moments are dangerous, you can hurt yourself.
    Well, guess what happened? He does hurt himself. :(
    Let me point out what situations I see as „dangerous“.

case1:
    You are on track, you loose control of the car and land off-track. Wheel position is far away from defauft. Now you hit esc and go back to pit. While doing this you do not take care of the position of your wheel. (Wheel is light after hitting esc, FFB is off) wheel is still in that state when you are back in pits, now you hit the button „drive“: BANG! The wheel is snapping with full power to defauft position. Just pray that you have not your hands on the wheel.

case2 :
    Hitting guardrails or barriers ontrack. I know and am very thankful that „mostly“ the FFB effect of hitting stuff ontrack is neutralised in AMS2, which Is REALLY good.
    Still, in some rare cases FFB does react more strong hitting objects.
    Result is now that I always get a feeling of fear when I go off-track and see that a hit will follow. (Guess I build that kind of fear from racing in iracing, which is real stupid in my eyes to give the user full strenght FFB by hitting object. This to simulate does not make sense in a sim and is dangerous in times of DD wheels)

case 3:
    Not sure about this, but since latest version of updates I have the impression, that cars hitting each others do give a quite strong FFB. ok, do not get me wrong, I want a FFB by having contact with other cars, but I just think of online racing. You know these guys beeing just there to ram you with full speed? I get scared if I imagine how DD users could get hurt by such cases.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Even just a spin is exerting much stronger forces than before. That I remember it changed when Reiza made changes to give "better feeling of the rear of the car" a couple of updates ago (believe it was the January monthly). Which it did very nicely but when the car spins around there is now a quite noticeable surge in FFB strength. Same when hitting the barriers. Before I didn't but now when I see the barriers coming I let go of the wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The fact that the car is shaking uncontrollably while standing still shows that it is very likely there is something wrong with the physics or something else, so turning it off while the car is parked would just hide the issue. Could be used as a workaround though.

With that said, while AMS2 is shaping up nicely, I still get this feeling that the game is patched together with workarounds all over the place. Possibly Reiza doing what it can to overcome the engine limitations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Maybe you will finally have normal FFB now?!?! ;)