1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.1.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 30, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant, which options have still "on/no in AMS2". :p

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

An old bug however the latest build keeps reverting the custom race weekend vehicle back to the Brazilian Stock just about every time I start AMS2...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

On/No thing triggers my OCD everytime...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Would you please tell me, which option/setting/element in the AMS2 UI still has "On/No", instead of On/off?

5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I will post a screen when back on my PC...

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Hehe good one.:p
    Using such general search and replace tactics would only be the method used by a spagetti or goofy "programmer".
    Not a serious professional programmer with knowledge about the program he is about to alter.
    And we are probably not talking about a simple Basic program - I guess:D:D

ByTheWay: Not even a simple Visual Basic - I guess too :p

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The ARC still shows 6 speed seq when its just a 5 speed.

8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just did a race weekend with StockCar 2020 at Santa Cruz.
    Are these cars really so slippery?
    Didn't find any grip, got no trust, only sliding and sliding and sliding....Or did I anything wrong?
    The 30min race was very hard and I was glad when it was finished. First it was interesting to setup and to find grip but while I never found it, I had no fun with this car although I always felt comfortable with StockCars in AMS1.
    ss135752.jpg

9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 2020 Stock Car has much less downforce than the previous versions, so in theory they should indeed be harder to drive.

No idea if they are overly slippery or not though, but you cannot compare them with the AMS1 version. The AMS1 is closer (if not the same) as the Stock Car 2019 in AMS2.

10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Im finding the 2020 stock cars a real pleasure to drive. Easy to use power to rotate the car through the corner, very tactile, well balanced ai.. all subjective of course. Not noticed any particular tendency to slide unless one is trying to carry too much speed through the corner, but its not snappy behaviour or anything like that..

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I was looking at my daily AMS2 videos on youtube and I found this. If you look at how the car steers in and behaves around a corner at 11.20 min and 11.26 min and maybe more you see part of what I mean with the weird behaviour. I have seen this behavior a thousand times in Project Cars 2 and it is just the same. It has something to do with the rotation of the car and also with its bounciness. I am quite certain there is something wrong with the engine there. Because I saw the same in Project Cars 2.
    It means you are taking the corner at steps and with that the car sweeps away even more. You don't see it in every car. But it is affecting every car.
    That to me is the major thing they have to sort out in the physics. It has something to do with the grip of the car and the bounciness I think.

12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You marked 12:10 in the video but you are talking about 11:20. Which one is it?
    Anyway both marks don't show anything wrong other than a car pitching with slight variations of grip associated. It's seems reasonably natural to me besides having a physical sense.
    It also looks very different from PC2: in PC2 the driver would have pointed the front towards the inside of the corner and drifted the car almost all along the corner, which thanks God is not anymore a viable strategy in AMS2.

13. Split Second

Sorry, Yeah I mean at 11 min 20 sec and 11 min 26 sec.
    And to me, it looks like a mild version of Project Cars 2, but is still unnatural and weird IMO.
    Again look here, again the same like I saw in Project Cars 2, around the 19 sec mark and beyond. The car physics again looks unnatural to me and looks a bit like Project Cars 2. And also the bounciness is again very weird. I really think that something is not right in the engine. But it is tough to find what it is.

14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You mean the whipping behaviour, right? Happens in seconds 21 and 22, the car looks like it is going to spin to the left, but it whipes back straight.

I find that very unnatural indeed, and this happens with some open wheelers too (I can remember F-Classic Gen 3 displaying the same odd behaviour).

But I don't understand much about physics. So I question the guys who have the knowledge: is the whipping behaviour of the car displayed at seconds 21 and 22 expected or is it not natural as it looks?

15. Split Second

Yes, that is what I mean. And I don't think you will see it in every car but I think it affects every car negatively.
    It also has something to do with the way the car grips and also the bounce is very weird.
    What was always very apparent with Project Cars 1 and 2 was the way the cars bounce. You saw that it is very different from any other sim. And again you see it here.

16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In that McLaren video at 0:20, the rear gets loose and starts to rotate, the driver floors the throttle to move the weight to the rear tyres, which stops the rotation and launches the car out of the corner. Can you get away with that in iRacing or ACC? Maybe not. In general the Seta tyre model seems to lose lateral traction easier but also regains it easier, whereas in other sims once the lateral traction goes you are a passenger.

Oh look, the same "snap" in real life at 0:20. Slightly less extreme but still...

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Split Second

Personally, I don't see a snap. I see a very small correction.
    It is great comparison material. I also don't see the extreme vertical oscillation which is there in the AMS2 footage.
    To you does the AMS2 footage look natural? This sim and Project Cars 1 and 2 are the only ones where I see that.

18. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everybody,
    So last week I decided to just have some fun a do some laps around Cadwell Park in Formula Vintage Gen 1 and meantime also learn well the track.
    Well this proved to be not really an inspired idea the car felt really difficult to drive and unenjoyable and after a few laps I quitted the game.
    This week I had a few days so I decided to test the Formula Vintage in AMS2 and also in AMS1 so I could see how the cars compare. In the end I managed to test quite a few more than I expected.
    Although I play AMS2 quite a lot and I have almost 800h of gameplay I usually play other cars not formula 1 cars.
    So here are my findings :)!

Formula Vintage Gen1
    Starting the race

Starting the race in AMS2 you rev the car to maximum the back of the car goes in a drift when you shift in 1st gear you lift and short shift to second and you keep the pedal down.
    When the car approaches the rev limit the back of the car becomes incontrollable moving left an right, you lift but the car just violently keeps the moving from one side to another.
    Starting the race in AMS1 you rev the car to maximum the back of the car goes in a drift when you shift in 1st gear you lift and short shift to second and you keep the pedal down. When the car approaches the rev limit the back of the cars sometimes becomes a little unstable, losses a bit the back but gains grip, nothing dramatic and you do not have to lift at all, you have enough grip, the car balances itself!
    2nd and 3rd corner
    Going through the second and third corner at Cadwell Park in AMS2 you go to 2nd gear but cannot keep throttling the car and keep the car balanced because the moment you rev around 5-6k rpm you have no grip, the tires just go while in AMS1 you also use 2nd gear and you can easily keep the car revved at 5-9k rpm and you can rev even at maximum rpm and still have control over the car and keep the car on track.
    Exiting the 3rd corner in AMS2 i need to wait for the car to get out of the corner, be perfectly straight before smoothly applying throttle while in AMS1 I can apply full throttle a lot earlier with full confidence and have a lot more speed on corner exit, you can almost have that much confidence you almost can drift out of the corner.
    4th comer
    Breaking into the 4th corner in AMS2 has to be done only when car is completely straight and stable otherwise the back of the car just goes.
    Even when the car is straight breaking is very difficult as the back of the car is very unstable just moves left and right and you loose the car while in AMS1 on 100% break pedal applied and locked brakes the car moves just very little left or right or at all and just goes straight, huge difference here!
    Also while entering corners in AMS2 the car understeers and mid corner oversteers even snap oversteers sometimes.

Formula Vintage Gen2 in AMS2 very similar to Gen1 but we have even more understeer on corner entry.

Formula Retro has similar behavior to Formula vintage
    The most obvious difference between AMS2 and AMS1 is that in AMS2 the back of the car feels like it just wants to go left of right without any reason, very strange behaviors, like the back of the car does not want to follow the front, like is disconnected from the front of the car.
    Also:
    - while entering a corner we have understeer
    - mid corner snap oversteer
    - exiting corner the difference in grip between AMS2 and AMS1 is not that big as in the case of Formula vintage cars but we still have less grip that AMS1 cars have

Formula Classic Gen1
    These cars behave much better than the previous formula 1 cars but the understeer while entering a corner, mid corner oversteer, not enough grip when exiting a corner even if they are in less amount are still there for model 1 but. For model 2 I find we have snap oversteer on corner entry.
    For this car the ffb changes! I need to set FX at 25 from 50 otherwise the car feels like you are driving flat spotted tires and under braking the wheel is shaking.

Formula Classic Gen2
    These cars behave like Formula Classic Gen1 the only difference is that Model 1 also has snap understeer on corner exit making it the most unpredictable of the the 3 models.
    For these cars I also need to set FX at 25 otherwise the car feels like you are driving flat spotted tires and under braking the wheel is shaking.

Formula Classic Gen3
    These cars behave a little better than Formula Classic Gen2 less understeer while entering a corner, midcore oversteer almost gone.
    This car has more cockpit movement than previous cars.
    For this car the ffb changes, I need to set FX at 0 otherwise the car feels like you are driving flat spotted tires and under braking the wheel is shaking.

Formula Reiza
    This car has a bug since launch, the car shakes while at low speed but feels the best until now at normal speeds. The car is still a bit reluctant to initial turn in it but there is no snap understeer or oversteer mid corner nor on corner exit.
    The problem with this car is the FFB for the track surface even with the FX set at 0 the car feels like you are driving flat spotted tires and under braking the wheel is shaking but it is still enjoyable to race.

Formula Extreme
    Similar to Formula Reiza(car does not shake at low speed)
    Formula V10 Gen1
    Auto clutch only works at start.
    Formula V10 Gen2
    Similar to Formula Reiza
    Formula V12
    This car feels like it finally got proper tires, in AMS1 tires felt like they were always cold so you could not accelerate out of the corner.
    Formula 3

So in conclusion there are a few formula cars that can be driven with small compromises like not using the FX(if you can drive without FX) the others not so much, are to unpredictable and unenjoyable you are just reacting to whatever the car wants to do at some point. I really hope these findings can be helpful for Reiza.
    Formula 1 and 3 cars enjoyable to drive:
    Formula Classic Gen3, Formula Reiza, Formula Extreme, Formula V10 , Formula V12 , Formula 3

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Split Second

Excellent post.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The bouncing is weird because you are using a totally fixed horizon camera which is horrible unless you run VR.
    Regarding the way the car snaps and then come back to center I'm sorry to repeat it but in my experience it largely depends on the way the differential is misbehaving. IMHO opinion the latest adjustments to the tires reduced greatly the the longitudinal grip and brought forward again big time the diff snapping midway through the corners with that excessive sudden variation in yaw.
    It was greatly diminished but the reduction in grip brought it back in several big power cars IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1