1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. easy81

easy81 Member

Karsten Hvidberg
    thank you very much always for your work that you share with us .... if you remember well I also have the SC2 PRO and now with the latest V.50 file we are really at the perfection of my tastes at the ffb level, I just wanted to understand how have slightly less soft steering when the wheel is centered. I would like a smaller difference in strength between the steering wheel when cornering and the steering wheel in the center. What do you recommend to edit in the file so that I can find my personal taste? currently in the game I have LFB at 5 damping 50. thanks and bye!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

try higher LFB and lower gain, on DD1 i now run about 23-25 LFB in v50, I also like more closer torque between initial and final load.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello Karsten,
    I modified your last settings to my liking.
    Just to have a little more feeling of the road and the tires during the corner slides.
    But the changes you posted before is already a lot better than what's in the V50 file.

Here are my final settings:
    (isKart (if (min 0 (- steer_ratio 5)) 1 0))
    (ratio (if isKart 1 ratio))
    (tyre_deform_feel (if isKart 0.2 tyre_deform_feel)))
    (tyre_stretch_feel (if isKart 0.55 tyre_stretch_feel)))
    (tyre_friction (if isKart 0.12 tyre_friction))
    (tyre_resistance (if isKart 0.2 tyre_resistance))
    (centering (if isKart 0.55 centering))
    (tyre_initial_resist (if isKart 0.0 tyre_initial_resist))
    (rack_friction (if isKart 0.1 rack_friction))

Thank You

• Like Like x 1
  4. Karl Rawstrone

Karl Rawstrone New Member

I haven't tried the karts yet (and don't have very much time in them) but v50 is brilliant so far (Porsche GT3 and 1980s Stock Cars.) it gives me a lot of confidence in knowing what the car is doing and I've caught some slides that I may not have before. The feedback all feels very integrated. This is the first version where I haven't felt the need to go in and tweak settings. If anything, perhaps the road undulation is quite high (Nords) but it feels 'correct' or 'real' whatever that is. I like the on-brakes understeery feeling of extra weight on the front tyres (rather than grip-loss looseness) and the slip is just enough to indicate the limits. Amazing job.

I'm on CSL Elite+ with in-game FFB 70, LFB 30, FX 50, DAM 20. Wheel settings FFB100, Dri -2, FEI 80. I think there is room for a lot of personal-preference tweaking just with the in-game settings to suit individual tastes as the core v50 is so good.

Great job and thank you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Thank you, Karl, excellent feedback!

6. Karl Rawstrone

I have a question which I will probably take into another thread after starting here. I use a CSL Elite PS4 with a G29 shifter via Bodnar to USB. I have modded the shifter so I can use it H-pattern or sequential modes. To facilitate this I use Joy-to-Key. However, the only controller configuration which allows this to work is the CSR one (the CLS Elite one will not override the shifter paddles as up/down inputs, for example).

Here's the question for this thread. If I am using a custom ffb file (which I am, obv), does the controller config (i.e. CSR in this case) make any difference to the FFB or is it completely overridden by the custom ffb file?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reiche

Reiche Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a good one actually. I'm using a Simucube 1 and wondered the same whether or not it might be "better" to stay on custom wheel preset or switch to Fanatec DD1 and just assign my controls there.

(Although not exactly custom FFB related I guess)

8. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried the latest Beta, 1.1.1.6, and it looks like it has completely broken the Silver Raw FFB. I was using .50 with 1.1.1.5 and it was great, but with the update to 1.1.1.6, the steering is very very vague in the centre and does very weird things on turning either way, almost springy. There seems to be no feeling of the car or track at all. Almost impossible to drive. Hopefully it will be something easy to fix. Will try a few different things to see if it helps.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope this is not the case or the new default is amazing. The last time they "improved" the FFB (v1.0.5.0), I couldn't get the FFB to feel good for weeks.

10. Karl Rawstrone

Did you replace the customffb file and restart the game?

11. Harald Loch

Harald Loch HarryHole AMS2 Club Member

That didn´t solve the problem.
    Cusstom FFB (.50) is completely lost with the actual beta-Update (1.1.1.6). I have to confirm Michael Enright´s post.

12. Karsten Hvidberg

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Harald Loch

Harald Loch HarryHole AMS2 Club Member

Thx, Karsten.
    So it would be helpful to give a go here as soon as Domago fixed it. Otherwise we have to try this with every update in the beta. I´ve done so with the updates in the last two hours with no success. It´s a little bit annoying to do it that way.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. samyrden

samyrden New Member

@Karsten Hvidberg
    Thanks so much for your work here. Been following along for ages, v50 is something special on my DD1.

I’m curious if the breakthroughs you and the group have made will be directly portable to PCars 2? It would be a wonderful thing.

I’ll admit I’ve been refreshing the PC2 custom FFB race department page for a while now hoping it might get an update :)

Don’t want to push my luck, understanding this is a passion project on your end... but very curious if the parameters will be able to carry over potentially someday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

i t
    I tried a bit of copy and paste work to port new stuff to pc2 file but wasn’t successful.
    some of this stuff is based of reiza involvement and the physics are different. karsten will make it work one day , requires some higher iq than me .

16. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg Did Reiza give you any clues on what broke your Silver Raw files, and if they will be fixing any time soon? Or is it going to be left up to you to fix, again? Hopefully they will fix, soon. Thanks mate, keep 'em coming.

17. Karsten Hvidberg

The PC2 file has not been updated for a little while since we have been aiming to get the AMS2 version better and still are working on v51. V51 is trying to make a big leap on all cars not feeling great already, for example the Mini, GT4's, GT5's etc.. Hopefully this will mean the cars that are great already get a slight improvement as well, we will see.
    Some further tweaks are required and then adjustments and fine tuning.
    Plan is then to improve the PC2 file too, to the extend possible :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, I have been informed what is likely the issue but we have no final conclusion yet. It's a pretty small, but very important piece that's def. changed & it is being changed back, so should be just a matter of that code change to make it to a beta release. So I hope it will just automatically work later today or so. Worst case I should be able to work around it.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Random question: If you have a fresh install of AMS2 and do not change anything the AMS2 folder on your PC, and then select the "Custom" FFB profile in-game, is it any different than the "Default"? If so, how?

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Chip,

Yes, it is an old version of the Reiza FFB. There is currently no way to customize the current Reiza ffb implementation, but it prob. will change at some point in the future, so the original custom.ffb file will be Reiza's new default rack, I'm guessing.